Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

True Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: True Value

Originally posted by Saco View Post
    Good to hear that

So when you say "If he stops being the person that I fell in love with", what do you mean? If he changes A LOT or if he changes slightly and becomes more or less a different person?
    No, I didn't mean if he changes slightly but rather drastically. I can't lose my trust and respect because of minor stuff but I can lose them easily if I catch him lying, cheating, behaving indecent, doing amoral things and so on. But of course those are extreme things and the probability that a decent guy will turn into an amoral one is very poor.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
      I've yet to date a girl who would own me at some sport or musical instrument or could kick my ass in martial arts. Maybe that's been my dilemma.
      I have a friend who is crazy about marshal arts, particularly about Jujutsu and Judo :-) But she is not Armenian and lives in Europe
      Last edited by midsummer; 02-23-2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

No, I didn't mean if he changes slightly but rather drastically. I can't lose my trust and respect because of minor stuff but I can lose them easily if I catch him lying, cheating, behaving indecent, doing amoral things and so on. But of course those are extreme things and the probability that a decent guy will turn into an amoral one is very poor.
        Exactly my point. Good to know your not a fanatic perfectionist . Example of one? Guy changes his hairstyle, girl politely kicks his ass .
        THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by midsummer View Post
          I have a friend who is crazy about marshal arts, particularly about Jujutsu and Judo :-) But she is not Armenian and lives in Europe
          haha, I don't think I've met a female Armenian around my age who was crazy about martial arts, but one must exist and I'd love to find her.

Comment

I cant stress the importance for me that my partner knows what he wants out of life. Someone with goals and aspirations for himself is such a sexy trait that is often looked over. Aside from that, family orientated, responsible, good manners, humor and a sense of self respect is a must. Im not looking for perfection as I myself am in no way perfect. I prefer an easy going fun personality over looks but honestly do appreciate one who has both.

Comment

I cant stress the importance for me that my partner knows what he wants out of life. Someone with goals and aspirations for himself is such a sexy trait that is often looked over. Aside from that, family orientated, responsible, good manners, humor and a sense of self respect is a must.
              Now that's an answer I never thought I'd get. Good job sad_eyes .

Im not looking for perfection as I myself am in no way perfect.
              Who is? lol

I prefer an easy going fun personality over looks but honestly do appreciate one who has both.
              Hope you find that person one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
                Hope you find that person one day.
                As do I, but for now I enjoy the whole dating process before meeting Mr. right as it gives me the opportunity to grow and learn more about what I want and the characteristics I desire in a man. As Christina said in 'The Sweetest Thing': "Dont go looking for Mr. Right, look for Mr. Right now and eventually, if he is worthy, the now part will fall away, naturally." But I see the two sides to that coin, I think that if two people are worthy of each other, then that makes them all the more right in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes View Post
                  As do I, but for now I enjoy the whole dating process before meeting Mr. right as it gives me the opportunity to grow and learn more about what I want and the characteristics I desire in a man.
                  We're really not that deep.... really. But you're right about letting yourself grow part. And if you and/or other women ever figure out what they want, please feel free to write a book, guaranteed best seller

As Christina said in 'The Sweetest Thing': "Dont go looking for Mr. Right, look for Mr. Right now and eventually, if he is worthy, the now part will fall away, naturally."
                  Please don't take advice from movies or television...

But I see the two sides to that coin, I think that if two people are worthy of each other, then that makes them all the more right in the end.
                  I won't even bother with that one..... ok, maybe I will. There is no perfect person for you, its whether or not you put in the effort and commitment to make things work.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    We're really not that deep.... really. But you're right about letting yourself grow part. And if you and/or other women ever figure out what they want, please feel free to write a book, guaranteed best seller

Please don't take advice from movies or television...

I won't even bother with that one..... ok, maybe I will. There is no perfect person for you, its whether or not you put in the effort and commitment to make things work.

There are just as many men out there that do not know what they want just as much as women. Im not pointing fingers at anyone but I know for a fact that I am at a place where I simply will not date men that do not have the characteristics that I look for in a partner.

You may not have liked the quote, but I enjoyed it.

And finally, where did you get the assumption that I believe that there is a perfect person for myself? Not only do I not believe in perfection, as previously mentioned: I am full of flaws myself! I am not wanting perfection either. What I want is a relationship where there is mutual understanding of each others flaws and accepting each other despite of them. Bottom line is the perfect man is not perfect.
                    Last edited by sad_eyes; 03-11-2009, 04:54 PM.

Comment

As do I, but for now I enjoy the whole dating process before meeting Mr. right as it gives me the opportunity to grow and learn more about what I want and the characteristics I desire in a man. As Christina said in 'The Sweetest Thing': "Dont go looking for Mr. Right, look for Mr. Right now and eventually, if he is worthy, the now part will fall away, naturally." But I see the two sides to that coin, I think that if two people are worthy of each other, then that makes them all the more right in the end.
                      Again my friend, I wish you all the best . And I think a person can learn from almost anything or anyone, no matter where he/she goes. Movies and films teach a lot of things as well, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                      X