Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Intermarriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loseyourname All I can say is my parents are as ethnically distinct as two people you will ever see, and they still manage to keep the most successful marriage I have ever seen, with gorgeous, bright, and promising children who are as colorblind as any.
    I am very happy for your parents, but don't you see that this is a matter of opinion (i.e. who we choose)?

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse That is just silly, since it is an exercise of our will who we choose. And if our comfort zone is within us, we pick someone who is more similar to us, thus we seek friends and lovers who understand us, similarities, not differences. Of course we choose individuals since we can't choose the mass, that's a given. The whole "opposites attract" is silly.
      What about you, Arman? Ever been in love? It has nothing to do with ethnicity. I'm not saying don't marry an Armenian, but don't restrict yourself either. Certainly don't think that you're promoting diversity by doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by sSsflamesSs I am very happy for your parents, but don't you see that this is a matter of opinion (i.e. who we choose)?
        Exactly - it is not a matter of ethnic identity.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname Exactly - it is not a matter of ethnic identity.
          I can't help it if I relate more to people from my ethnic background.

Comment

Originally posted by sSsflamesSs I can't help it if I relate more to people from my ethnic background.
            How many people have you really gotten to know? Expand your horizon, Anna.

Comment

I've noticed this thing with lose, in our free will/God discussion.

It appears that his opinion is better than your opinion, since his opinion reigns supreme, yours must be wrong.

If your opinion cracks his edifice of thought, it must be made to conform to yours, thus, while he claimed he presented arguments, all he really said was "my opinion is better than your opinion" thats why the discussion draged on for the length that it did.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname How many people have you really gotten to know? Expand your horizon, Anna.
                I grew up in L.A. Most of my friends have been non-Armenian. I was a self hating Armenian at one point. I hung out with surfer dudes and other white boys at OC. I've had Hindu, Hispanic, and Asian friends. I have thus turned around. I cannot see myself marrying someone non-"Armenian".

Choosing to marry someone of my ethnicity has nothing to do with extending boundaries. That is a silly assumption on your part, that someone chooses to marry within the confines of their own ethnicity, they must not be extending their boundaries far enough.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

It's silly of you to think that this thread has anything to do with you, or even Armenians. It's scope is far broader than that, as is mine. Go ahead and keep your narrow focus.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname It's silly of you to think that this thread has anything to do with you, or even Armenians. It's scope is far broader than that, as is mine. Go ahead and keep your narrow focus.
                    I never said it has anything to do with Armenians, I was referring to my personal opinion, and flames' as well.

Why do you constantly assume things? Wow, so since I choose to marry someone Armenian, I am narrow. How typical. Jealous?
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

So when egalitarianism shoves down my throat every social idiocy from homosexuality, to feminism, to God knows what, I am supposed to bask in them and celebrate my diversity and being "cultured"?

That means I must be one narrow uncultured xxxx eh? I guess so.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X