Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is infidelity forgiveable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is infidelity forgiveable?

No matter if it happens to u, or someone u know, infidelity will somehow come into play during ur lives. Even though it was happening for ages, it's recently been climbing the stat charts...rapidly. The latest stat that I could find was taken from men who REPORTED infidelity in their marriage: 45% of men..and 15% of women cheat on their spouses. We all know that these stats aren't very accurate since most of the cases are never reported, but imagine if they were. It would be more like 75% of men and 45% women...That's scary.

I understand that we all have bad relationships, maybe sometimes been cheated on in the past, but I'm talking about infidelity in the marriage. The sacred vow taken by a husband and wife is diminished and there's nothing left but hate and sorrow. It's very sad.

Statistics also tells us that when married men cheat, it is merely for the sexual purpose. Perhaps the woman they are cheating with does something to them that the wife just doesn't...in bed..Alarmingly, when women cheat, it is mostly because of an emotional attachment to the other man. Now, even though I would NEVER forgive a man who cheated on me, I think it's still easier to move forward when a man cheats, rather than when a woman cheats because women do it with their hearts, as well as their bodies. Men just do it because they wanna piece of something that they never had before (physically).

I am making bold and general statements. These cases might not apply to all men and women. I'm merely stating what I've learned in the past. So, here we go....let me know if it is something that u all can forgive IN A MARRIAGE...I am not talking about "dating" someone and having them be xxxxxxxs or xxxxxes...just in a marriage....

I appreciate ur input guys!

I have never been married. I do not know. But when my ex cheated on me, I tried to break and she would not let me. So I stayed with her.

Comment

Ok..Can u imagine being in a marriage, knowing that u took that vow before God (shut up Anon and Adam)...Would u forgive her/him?

Comment

Re: Is infidelity forgiveable?

Originally posted by violette829 No matter if it happens to u, or someone u know, infidelity will somehow come into play during ur lives. Even though it was happening for ages, it's recently been climbing the stat charts...rapidly. The latest stat that I could find was taken from men who REPORTED infidelity in their marriage: 45% of men..and 15% of women cheat on their spouses. We all know that these stats aren't very accurate since most of the cases are never reported, but imagine if they were. It would be more like 75% of men and 45% women...That's scary.

I understand that we all have bad relationships, maybe sometimes been cheated on in the past, but I'm talking about infidelity in the marriage. The sacred vow taken by a husband and wife is diminished and there's nothing left but hate and sorrow. It's very sad.

Statistics also tells us that when married men cheat, it is merely for the sexual purpose. Perhaps the woman they are cheating with does something to them that the wife just doesn't...in bed..Alarmingly, when women cheat, it is mostly because of an emotional attachment to the other man. Now, even though I would NEVER forgive a man who cheated on me, I think it's still easier to move forward when a man cheats, rather than when a woman cheats because women do it with their hearts, as well as their bodies. Men just do it because they wanna piece of something that they never had before (physically).

I am making bold and general statements. These cases might not apply to all men and women. I'm merely stating what I've learned in the past. So, here we go....let me know if it is something that u all can forgive IN A MARRIAGE...I am not talking about "dating" someone and having them be xxxxxxxs or xxxxxes...just in a marriage....

I appreciate ur input guys!
        I think that past 40, "love" (whatever you call business) does not exist anymore. Exlusivity on sex is thus not justified.

Exclusivity on sex has been justified only from a religious point of view.

My point of view: kids should never know. The other ones are adults.

Comment

UH...would u forgive her?

Comment

Originally posted by violette829 UH...would u forgive her?
            Would I care if i'm not in love ?
            Whatever, forgiveness does not really exists. People forgot, that's all, whether the cohabitation endures or not.

Comment

Originally posted by violette829 Ok..Can u imagine being in a marriage, knowing that u took that vow before God (shut up Anon and Adam)...Would u forgive her/him?
              God is a dipxxxx and he not invited to my wedding. Satan will be my witness.

However...

I do not know what I would do in that situation. If I fell in love with someone so much that I would want to spend the rest of my life with them I would be very hesitant to let the slip away so easily. Then again, I can make the arguement (to myself) that because they betrayed me, they are not the same person I married. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by violette829 UH...would u forgive her?
                Only if I was being a xxxx husband and I deserved it. But then again what's the point of staying married if that's true.

Comment

You guys are too cute!

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan Only if I was being a xxxx husband and I deserved it. But then again what's the point of staying married if that's true.
                    Sometimes, when you have kids for instance, their are some responsabilities that make you think you should stay married.

Marriage may proved to be like a prison.

Comment

Working...
                    X