Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian woman identity/role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian woman identity/role

Conditions required for Xash:
    -Winter
    -Cold morning
    -A lot of Vodka
    -Some good toasts at the table before eating
    -a lot of dry lavash
    -dressed in sporty clothing
    -a place to sleep after eating

and you have yourself a traditional xash meal

----

And we must not forget Borsh, at least once a week, you must make Borsh, it's the de-facto national dish of soviet union, and also armenia. Great soup for the winter.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Re: Be One Like a Bunny Rabbit...

just wanted to emphasize the fact that it is hard , I'm sure glad I am a guy, that stuff is though, probably that is my #1 admiration for women, #2 is their cooking (jkjk)

Comment

Good luck with the 4 kids, we R all supporting you (insert cheerleader dance here, but a cool one)

Comment

BTW do they ever put alcohol in khash, bcz I think I got drunk once eating it with 2 shots of vodka... 2 shots aint enough to get me drunk :S

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
            I hope you can cook tasty things for your future wife.
            Gegev, I'm sorry. I didn't realize this was directed at me. Perhaps I confused you when you asked me about my sexual orientation. Though I am bisexual (meaning i like boys AND girls), I have a boyfriend at the moment and we plan to marry - just I want to get done with school first before we tie the knot. However, even if I was to marry a female, it'd be illegal unless it changes eventually in the future.

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
            Now, now... perhaps she was just "experimenting". Look on the brightside... would you rather come home to find your wife in bed with another man or another woman?
            No, I did my "experimenting" early on. I am most definitely bisexual.

Try this one

Diar Market
            2671 East Thousand Oaks Boulevard, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362-3255, United States

+1 805-494-3646 ‎
            How in the world did I not come across that?! I'll see about getting a cookbook together and calling them. My boyfriend could probably drive me there (i do not own my own car so getting about is pretty tough

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
            Actually it will be a combination of Jigar, Khash, Shish, and Koobideh.....Normaly we the men cook the Kebabs but if she knows how to do the Khash or Abgoosht we be styling.

BTW Tali, like Kanada point it out there are Armenian and middle Eastern stores near by...hell Tarzana, ventura full of Persian Armenian stores and if you really want to get down, Glendale and hollywood not that far. You can even buy prepared food (my wife cheats like that sometimes).
            Tarzana? I'll have to look that up. Ventura in Ventura County sounds familiar lol Hmm.. I'll be in Hollywood on Sunday, maybe I can get some shopping done Do MIddle Eastern Stores typically just use cash or do they take cards also? (I ask because a lot of the "authentic Mexican stores" here just take cash.)

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
            I know, we don't want to run her off....we will never hear the end of it from her boyfriend. I can see him registering and telling us off.
            I love challenges
            Ah, he won't do that. I know him too well.

Comment

Ah, he won't do that. I know him too well
              The question here is, does he know you too well???? (about being bisexual)

In my personal opinion bisexuals are spoiled, confused and brainwashed people, a product of Hollywoodian and western media brainwashing conspiracy promotion, which confused people think it’s cool, different and unique to announce about they being bi and announce it proudly, as if they deserve a medal of honor. How come it’s ok and cool to be bisexual, and it’s not ok and not cool to like 2 girls or 2 women at the same time?

Comment

Can we not bring in the topic of bisexuals into this?
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
                  The question here is, does he know you too well???? (about being bisexual)

In my personal opinion bisexuals are spoiled, confused and brainwashed people, a product of Hollywoodian and western media brainwashing conspiracy promotion, which confused people think it’s cool, different and unique to announce about they being bi and announce it proudly, as if they deserve a medal of honor. How come it’s ok and cool to be bisexual, and it’s not ok and not cool to like 2 girls or 2 women at the same time?
                  This is also a by product of radical feminism. Men are scum and don't deserve to reproduce. This type of promotion on the young and impressionable is far more effective than any genocide. I hope Armenian women are aware of the agenda and aren't as easily susceptible to the propaganda.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Tali View Post
                    So, I have a couple questions regarding identities/roles.

I hear a lot about how I need to help "repopulate the Armenian numbers".
                    Question 1: how many kids are considered the ideal number?
                    As many as an Armenian couple can afford to raise and provide for. This includes proper schooling, clothing and housing. We don't do ghettos.

I am what's known as the "accidental cook." I don't know how, but everything I make turns out good enough.
                    Question 2: what kind of meals are supposed to be "staples"? In other words, what kind of dishes should I know how to make?
                    If you get involved in the Armenian community, you'll naturally learn the dishes from other family members or "guilds". A lot of the food requires craftsmanship. It's like an art. The cooking is the easy part.

I was raised very masculine by my parents. Though I can be pretty feminine when "appropriate".
                    Question 3: what is expected of wives in Armenian culture?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions, but I'm mostly curious. I'm sorry if I turn into your ideal wife - I'm spoken for
                    Not sure how to answer this. Armenian men and women get their masculinity and femininity respectively from their parents.
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                      Can we not bring in the topic of bisexuals into this?
                      I agree, so i created an entire different thread about it:
                      http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread....781#post305781

Not sure how to answer this. Armenian men and women get their masculinity and femininity respectively from their parents.
                      That's essentially what i'm asking. What do parents teach their female children?

My parents raised me like i was a boy child and added feminity as secondary teaching.

Comment

Working...
                      X