Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

i'm not armenian, but i like armo boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i'm not armenian, but i like armo boys

Originally posted by doxie View Post
    i'm kind of over my whole armenian thing....
    That was quick.

I was going to suggest you search this forum to find the unfortunate and cautionary experience of sad_eyes.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      How dare you. Really I have no words for this disgusting statement. Sorry that we Eastern Armenians have held up the country of Armenia, over 100,000 of us died fighting in WW2 for Soviet Union, and our men giving their lives up for the freedom of Artsakh. You apparently know next to nothing about Armenians, and base your statements on reality shows revolving around Kardashian or other similar types. Just horrible.
      Have I held up a mirror and you have seen your own face in it? This thread hasn't been about Armenians living in ROA or Artsakh or Soviet Armenia, it has been about 21st-century American-Armenians, so your fake indignation just shows there was truth in my post (so much truth that maybe I didn't need the ).
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 06-04-2011, 11:39 AM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
        In normal armenian culture, women for which men are serious will treat differently, because it is expected that women at marriage are "pure" or in other words they haven't been sleeping with other men, and basically are virgins. In time before marriage, they would try to "court" you, not be sexual, but try to connect. Now, that's typical armenian culture, but I'm sure there is american culture affecting armenians in negative way, but the more at core armenians will follow those traditions. And also, of course you will have the men that are looking at you for only sexual purposes rather than relationship.
        Dozie, this is actually just low-grade Soviet Armenian culture (aka, in the context of this thread, "Eastern Armenians"). You won't find it amongst Western Armenians, it actually existed only in a small part of Soviet-Armenian society, and it didn't extend at all into the professional or intellectual classes in Soviet Armenia. In diaspora communities of whatever sort you always get extremists who see themselves as safeguarding the "values" of "their" community - there are many Armenians here who are the equivalents of fundamentalist Muslims.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
          Dozie, this is actually just low-grade Soviet Armenian culture (aka, in the context of this thread, "Eastern Armenians"). You won't find it amongst Western Armenians, it actually existed only in a small part of Soviet-Armenian society, and it didn't extend at all into the professional or intellectual classes in Soviet Armenia. In diaspora communities of whatever sort you always get extremists who see themselves as safeguarding the "values" of "their" community - there are many Armenians here who are the equivalents of fundamentalist Muslims.
          At least Muslims don't have to sneak around and hide their mistresses from their "wives"
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Did you act as a fundamentalist at selecting your wife, or it was indifferent for you if she was virgin or not? I see the single young women, who are not virgins, are more valuable for you as a wife, because they are properly experienced in sexual affairs.

Just interesting to know, your precious & developed opinion that you generousely preach, free of charge, to me/us; Soviet era underdeveloped poor Armenians.

One more question Sir.; do you consider introducing sex trainers at school/kindergarden for the girls, to develop their sex skills before getting married, is a vital thing to do or it should be done at the University level?

Thanks in advance Sir!
            I understand that I look in you eyes as a undeveloped barbarian, sorry my underdelopedness.
            Last edited by gegev; 06-04-2011, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
              At least Muslims don't have to sneak around and hide their mistresses from their "wives"
              That's because good Muslim wives are just for bearing and bringing up children, and making meals - mistresses and prostitutes are for sinful pleasures.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Look, what I said is a perfectly normal custom in Armenian society (in Armenia) - apparently you know very little of life in Armenia so please don't talk like you do. Such customs are typical to any socially conservative Christian country like Armenia and Georgia. There's nothing "extremist" about it, it's just a conservative custom, and there's nothing wrong with it. Honestly, if one is trying to find a good wife, it's best for the focus of that time to be to try to connect on a deeper level rather than just trying to see if they can connect on a physical level.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

me personally, i have no problem dating outside my "race" Armenians arent a single race, u can clearly see a lot of diversity in the Armenian population. plus id rather be with someone i love and can be happy with than a girl i wont like just because she is Armenian too. honestly life is too damn short for me to care about that crap, There are millions of Armenians who are very serious about ONLY dating Armenians, good for them, i hope they have fun. I like Armenian girls, but i look at Beauty and compatibility and personality regardless of race, however i still have preferences, i prefer European look. and of course id like an Armenian girl so long as she isn't some of the backwards Armenians who are obsessed with gossip and materialism and superstition. I can hear people already typing how im not Armenian anymore and im a disgrace. Oh well im sorry im an individual that lives his own life.

Comment

I like armo men too, shocker.

Comment

My brother is EXTREMELY handsome, so I get your drift. My personal preference is light guys, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X