Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyebruin
    whatever happened to this nice topic?
    Senseless paranoia.

Comment

By the way, I think this is the best title anyone has ever come up with for a thread. Kudos, Wise.

Comment

I thought it was quite pathetic.

Comment

Wow, I figured dusken would be the first in here to make fun of me for that. I guess this place isn't as predictable as I thought.

Comment

l.y.n.: The deficiency of activity in your brain is self-evident.

Comment

I knew you'd come through.

Comment

Technically, I have not.

Comment

Yeah, anyway...back on subject....

Originally posted by hyebruin
                  i see what you're trying to say, but that IS love right there! not needing, not despairing, not longing, not suffering, not depending, that IS the true definiton of love, for one can only love in the purest form when one is in balance with him/herself and can give freely and unconditionally and be at peace...

I think you may not be getting what I'm saying. I'm failing to see how not needing human interaction is the true definition of love? If I'm saying one can learn to go through life without needing interaction past daily needs (you know, aside from the cashier at the grocery store, co-workers, etc.), then where would love come into play? I think what you may be saying is that you cannot find "the one for you" if you are "looking" for her/him, because your mind will con you into thinking you love this person, or that person. That's all fine and dandy, and is also what I preach, because avoiding this outlook is what almost every relationship is based on, and is why they are all abusive on one level or another (I promise you, the majority of people that say they're in love are NOT, at least not in the true sense of the word). But MY point was, I think it is possible to get to a point even beyond that. A point where you will NEVER desire to be with someone, or fear being alone, etc. Finding nirvana in being by yourself, if you will (no corny jokes about the band).

By the way, Adam.

All right, you were bordering on cool before. Now you're just gay.
                  Wow, I'm on a role with this quotes back at your face, thing.

Comment

yeah 'glow that's what i was pretty much saying about reaching nirvana, inner peace, and not needing anything....but obviously i don't think any of us are that advanced spiritually to be able to say that..maybe someday even at that level, one is not 'detached' or 'cold' as some might perceive...rather, the only thing that exists is complete peace and being in tune with the universe; when a soul has reached that level he/she cannot help but emanate unconditional love and compassion

Comment

Hey, souls, you live in a frickin' human body that has needs and instincts. The most prevalent of all is the need to reproduce. It is the most basic impulse of any living creature. Mammals, and primates in particular, are very highly developed animals, and so require a huge amount of time, when compared to non-mammals, to develop into maturity. This means they need parental care more than any other animal. Because of this, evolution selected for the parents who stayed together until the kids at least reached adolescence. This is why you love each other.

If you want nirvana, surgically remove your hippocampus. The transmitters responsible for lust and love and just about every sex hormone will cease moving about in your body and you will have no more of these desires.

Comment

Working...
                      X