Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Senegal's husband worshippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senegal's husband worshippers

This might actually belong in the humor section as well.

What do you have to say for these mucus crepes?
    ==========================================

Cases of domestic violence against women are common in Senegal's southern region of Casamance.

Two women recently suffered pregnancy miscarriages after being severely beaten by their husbands.

Yet these incidents were never made public as it is rare for a woman in the Casamance to reveal publicly that her husband is abusing her.

One of the reasons is that most women believe that it is only their husbands who can bless them.

In fact among the Manding-speaking people, men are so revered that they are sometimes treated as demi-gods.

There is a long-standing traditional belief here that if a man is angry at his wife, it could prevent her from entering paradise in the next world.

Here, the man is considered not only the head of the family but also the bread-winner, therefore no-one dares to challenge his authority.
    BBC

Way to cherry pick only cases of women getting beaten. I would like to know what the figures are. Women get beaten even in this society, and raped. That doesn't mean anything.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

As Homer Simpson would say, "It takes two to commit domestic abuse. One to beat and one to get beaten."

Disclaimer. Homer didn't actually say it. But it just sounds like something he would say in such a case.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

I move for a motion to agree with the man with the offroad vehicle as his avatar, that Homer is a delight.

BEATING WOMEN IS BAD. DON'T DO IT PEOPLE!
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

First of all, if they are remembering half of the rape scene and still reciting it after it is over only to target males with a poor generalization then it couldn't have been all that bad. I mean think about it, something that harsh and you are still dwelling on it after you have earned yourself justice and you spout it out only to demonize males? There was obviously something within that scene that she found delightful.

You know what they say "make the most of whatever you get." I guess she took that literally, in this case.
          I'm sorry that I was such an idiot.

Comment

thanks for posting that ani!

let's dump this breed of garbage the f---k outta this planet!!!

if those women lived in this country i would call them dumasses!!!

however, since they're from 'another world' we'll have to be more supportive of their socioeconomic and cultural conditions and the sad circumstances that lead to this kind of intolerable behaviour!

i would love to personally gather all these men and put them in a torture chamber and decide on a cruel punishment..like stapling their testicles to one another and wrapping their *&%$# in ice then dunking it in liquid nitrogen so it would break off and shatter into pieces when they "pull out"

Comment

I am glad I do not date none of you feminists. It would be very dangerous for my health.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                I am glad I do not date none of you feminists. It would be very dangerous for my health.
                unless you're interested in dating deviance or seapahn, i assume you're referring to anileve and me

what's scary is that you apply this to YOU!! i was referring to THOSE men who commit such acts, not all men!!--and for the record, i am NOT a feminist! i just don't believe in anyone dominating/repressing/holding down anyone else...my ideal world has peace, love, and respect for ALL

what kind of world do YOU want? one with oppression and control where women are second class citizens?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                love does not equal slavery
                love does not equal oppression
                love does not equal domination
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
                  unless you're interested in dating deviance or seapahn, i assume you're referring to anileve and me

what's scary is that you apply this to YOU!! i was referring to THOSE men who commit such acts, not all men!!--and for the record, i am NOT a feminist! i just don't believe in anyone dominating/repressing/holding down anyone else...my ideal world has peace, love, and respect for ALL

what kind of world do YOU want? one with oppression and control where women are second class citizens?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  love does not equal slavery
                  love does not equal oppression
                  love does not equal domination
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  What's scary is you apply this to YOU!! I was not referring to just you in general, nor anileve. In fact, pretty much all of the ladies in this forum, I would describe as being feministic, with one or two exceptions. I was only making an observation. You do not need to get serious with this, for I never said love equals any of the nonsense you mentioned.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    What's scary is you apply this to YOU!! I was not referring to just you in general, nor anileve. In fact, pretty much all of the ladies in this forum, I would describe as being feministic, with one or two exceptions. I was only making an observation. You do not need to get serious with this, for I never said love equals any of the nonsense you mentioned.
                    the "nonsense" i mention is what comes out in your posts, and though i've tried to deny it, it's just blatantly obvious that you just hate successful women! plain and simple; it's sad really that even in this day and age some men like women to be held back; if a woman's smart she can do all and compromise as needed for her family and kids....why some men feel threatened by this? i don't understand???

you can hate me and others like me all you want, and shake your head in disbelief; it doesn't change the person i am and your point of view will not let you see the person i am inside....

Comment

Working...
                    X