Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Long Distance Relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyebruin
    bottome line: don't get involved with pigs and losers, and only put in as much effort as the other person does! no one is as special as YOU!! and they have to EARN your attention and love
    Stop throwing salt on my game.

I was going to come in here and say what ck did but there's no point now. If you've been together and then one moves away, it's a lot easier than if you meet someone and you're already living far away and the relationship has to grow that way.

Comment

Long distant relationships tend to not work, but it all depends on the person you're with.

See their are three key factors in order for a relationship to work.

First stage is trust.
      Second stage is respect.
      Third stage is love.

If you've successfully been through these three stages and so has the other person, then it could possibly work because the commitment is there.

But long distant relationships aren't too cool, because there's only so much a person can take from missing their partner or spouse. Stay away from it if you can.

Comment

looks like we have come to an agreement that it depends on the individuals involved .... and HyeBruin.. your view is making it seem like girls need to be more self reliant in everything.. and self-pleasure in a sense.. lol.. (that kinda sounds wrong.. but oh well
        How do you hurt a masochist?
        -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

hmm l do think that long distance relationships can work, anything is possible as long as both people in the relationship understand eachother..but it also depends on how long the distance is between them-- like in the states-- i think its possible- but for example between the states and somewhere in europe- where its harder to see eachther- i think it becomes more difficult-- also depends on what people expect out of a relationship-- and how far theyre willing to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
            I never got this idea that people have to EARN your love. What??? I know we're all special in our own way blah blah blah but why does a guy have to do all the work? Sheesh. I hate hard to please and hoity toity high maintenance girls. It's like they want a slave insead of a boyfriend. I think if you want good thing and if you expect good things then you have to give just as much in return. None of this walking all over guys bull.
            it's not high maintenance hun --you can't just give your love away! you have to make sure the person is worth it! i'd say the same about a guy too! so what's the problem here? no one's talking about 'slavery' or 'high maintenance' but a girl's gotta know that she can do better than some loser, or someone who is there whenever he feels like it and doesn't put in the effort into the relationship! don't you think?--it's NOT about being high maintenance, rather it's avoiding the pitfall most girls fall into, which is becoming very low maintenance and "thanking their lucky stars that SOMEONE find them attractive and 'lovable' ..." jeeez, gimme a break! --these desperate girls ruin it for the rest of us by needlessly pumping up guys' egos...

if you read carefully what i wrote, i said to not put in more effort than he does..meaning give as you receive, how is THAT treating the guy like a slave?
            of course with many girls a b/f is like a revered deity! sadly...so i am not surprised that guys are the way they are...that's cuz girls take all the crap the guys dish out

mi xoskov: mard ink@ ir arzhek@ bedk eh imana, axchik YEV d'gha!
            Last edited by hyebruin; 06-25-2004, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Come to think of it.. for younger adults.. those who want to but would be better if they didnt go into a full out relationship and get real close to early.. for those who can find some way to live with the problem of not seeing there significant other too often.. etc... it can in some ways even be good for that person.. ... given both parties stay dettermined and faithfulLL .!!!! that must be stressed in its purest essnence!!
              How do you hurt a masochist?
              -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by gevo
                Come to think of it.. for younger adults.. those who want to but would be better if they didnt go into a full out relationship and get real close to early.. for those who can find some way to live with the problem of not seeing there significant other too often.. etc... it can in some ways even be good for that person.. ... given both parties stay dettermined and faithfulLL .!!!! that must be stressed in its purest essnence!!

ayyyy googo! HOW can you know for sure the other person is as committed as you? ---it's a scary situation!! it's a gamble! you never know!---ok, i won't say anymore...you're young and impressionable...never mind me...lalala.....

Comment

i dont think anything is "impossible" anythig the human mind ca afthom is rather possible... it can be that both people could be as commited, and it can also work the other way around-- people are capable of both good and bad- and when they are put in a situation which yields temptations- people act differently- u just gotta know how to handle yourself and stay within your means-- whatever those means may be

Comment

Originally posted by gevo
                    I know what you mean dand I know what you meant in your post before. I was simply stating that I don't like the kinds of relationship where there seems to be the master (the girl) and the puppy (the guy). Don't tell me you've never seen relationships like this! You're right, it should be a give and take. He will earn your love in a sennse just like you have to work to earn and keep his. That's all I meant
                    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
                      it's NOT about being high maintenance, rather it's avoiding the pitfall most girls fall into, which is becoming very low maintenance and "thanking their lucky stars that SOMEONE find them attractive and 'lovable' ..." jeeez, gimme a break! --these desperate girls ruin it for the rest of us by needlessly pumping up guys' egos...
                      It's funny you say that because it seems as though a lot of girls who ain't worth a damn think they're better than they are because a lot of guys pump their ego up just because they want ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X