Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Dating your friend's crush??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyebruin
    hey, if it's meant to be it will happen! no one is 'sacrificing' anything...but when i KNOW a friend is interested in a guy that guy automatically becomes off limits to me... it's that simple...
    If this person was the right one, and "it's meant to be", but he's off limits because your friend likes him, how exactly "will it happen?"

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
      If this person was the right one, and "it's meant to be", but he's off limits because your friend likes him, how exactly "will it happen?"
      great question! glad you asked! it's called fate and if it is meant to be perhaps that friend will realize something (like he and the guy are not for each other) and may be the vehicle that brings the two people together, or it might turn out that the friend who has a crush meets someone else who sweeps her off her feet and then the guy and the friend end up together...the possibilities are endless, that's the beauty and the mystery of life...we never know how things will turn out

Comment

you gotta ask yourself what is more important to you?

friends are extended family! and should be treasured as they are gifts from God! i love mine

hahahaha

That's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by spiral
          hahahaha

That's funny.
          do you love yours? some people really know how to "love" their friends!

what is amusing to me is 20somethings acting like teenagers... which is displayed throughout this forum...
          Last edited by hyebruin; 07-17-2004, 11:51 PM.

Comment

do you love yours? some people really know how to "love" their friends!

what is amusing to me is 20somethings acting like teenagers... which is displayed throughout this forum...

Can you please elaborate. I'm not sure what you mean by either part of your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by spiral
              Can you please elaborate. I'm not sure what you mean by either part of your reply.
              don't worry about it

Comment

Thankx for your input guys and gals...I really needed to hear different peoples views and opinions on this thing.
                The thing is this not so close friend, but someone I would never want to hurt told me a few months ago that she has had a crush on this guy throughout high school...I didnt think that I should have told her that I liked him ever since high school too b/c I never see the guy anymore and she apparently sees him more often then I do since they go to the same college..I figured I had no chance with the guy and there would be no point in telling her about my past crush. As it turns out he shows up at my door and asks me to the movies one day and we've been "hanging out" ever since...I saw the friend a week ago and I just couldnt bare to tell her about what has been going on between me and the crush. I keep wanting to call it off with the guy, but everytime he wants to go out I just cant stop myself from saying yes. How do I tell the friend that I'm interested in her crush?...and shes had a crush on him for a longggg time. I just feel so bad about it b/c I know I would be angry at my own friend if she did the same thing to me...but then again this friend is not someone I talk to often and not someone I'm close with...but it stills feels like I'm betraying a friendship.

Comment

a past crush is one thing! and having the hotts for someone right now is a different matter! try asking her if she's seeing anyone or if there's someone she's interested in right now (hopefully she won't mention this guy's name!
                  i've had a crush on a guy in high school (he was hot ) but after hearing that he's married it doesn't affect me one bit cuz that was in the past; you've got to find out if this crush is also history as far as your friend is concerned! good luck let us know what happens

Comment

If my friend started to date the guy i have a crush on, i would liek to know if she is being serious with him and not only "playing" with the guy, if she s just playin
                    then id be very disspointed at her. But if Youre serious with this guy, and your intentions are good then you shoulnt feel bad about it.
                    Last edited by Tres Bien; 07-18-2004, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Tell her that you've had a crush on this guy also and that you two are in the same position. The only difference is that the guy asked you out. She'll understand. Well, she SHOULD understand because this is not your fault or anything. If the guy would have asked her out, she would have said, "Yes." Just let her know (tell her!) that you wanted to come to her and tell her because you knew that she has a crush on the same guy also. She'll respect you for that and tell her to put herself in your shoes. I mean, she has no idea that you have a crush on this guy for a while also, so she'll be reasonalble when you tell her about it.
                      I see...

Comment

Working...
                      X