Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who the hell understands women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How dare you waste all those words for a simple statement....

Comment

While women do possess intuition, that never made them above men. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Too often my desire to be diplomatic is intercepted like this. I just love language and would not dare to put those tender creatures - words - to waste. I dont always feel comfortable with sounding too serious and rather inadequate, but that for me is less of a problem than not being able to express exactly whats on my mind, fit thoughts into a grammatical structure. Making simple statements always allows a lot more room for misunderstanding and incomplete understanding.

When I was a kid, we used to fix our own bikes. When the wheel of the bike goes from side to side as it moves forvard (instead of being perpendicular with the ground all the time), the easiest way to fix that is to stick little weights on the inside of the edge of the wheel. At first you put a relatively big weight somewhere, after estimating where the wheel is leaning towards more and how big is the problem. If you're really good and lucky (luck plays a role, because there are things that cant be controled even by a "pro"), you'll be able to fix it with that one weight. But most of the time you continue putting smaller weights and constantly testing the wheel until finally you get it aligned. This example just popped in my head and I think fits pretty well. In the same manner as with the weights, a simple statement most often can't solve the problem completely. Even an exceptional writer can't predict the reaction of a big audience; luck plays a role. But a good writer can usually at least come close to what exactly he is trying to say by "molding" it.

P.S. I've gone pretty far from your easy-going reply, Andromida806, thus this shouldn't in any way be considered a counter-reply, but rather a separate "random" thought.
        To create at least a little link with the original topic, I'll conclude by "simplifying" my previous comment to: women are bad for smart men! ;P (Now, I dont think it is true, but I havent seen any proof of the opposite. And then again, absence of evidence is not an evidence of absence!)

Comment

The absence of evidence is evidence itself, that is the logic that pervades evolutionary theory.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Absence of evidence can certainly pose as evidnce, but can very rarely be a credible evidence of absence. The Logicians' favorite example is: there is no proof that God exists (absence of evidence...), but this does not prove that it does not exist (...is not an evidence of absence).

This way the logicians calm down the creationists who accuse them of atheism. :twisted:

Comment

In any event, regarding evolution, I simply cannot comprehend how lack of evidence is translated as evidence for evolution.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Everyone wants to believe in something. And it is one small step from believing to being in love with an idea. Once the person is almost entirely consumed cherishing the nobility of that idea, argueing with him becomes as tricky as with a "rightful Christian" (or any other faithful member of a particular pop-religion), because he is ready to reinterpret and accept as evidence of his rightfulness anything doesnt explicitly state the opposite (If I believed that my neighbor is The Spiderman, spiderwebs next to his door would be relevant evidence to me). Another common reaction of an "idea lover" is to discard the arguement with an unbased, unexplained, usually short statement.
                I want to explain just a little why I choose not to argue extensively with such people. The logical part of it have been described above and comes down to simply being uninteresting to have a discussion where one constantly has to clearify the clear and point out the irrelevant. The moral part is pretty simple too: the people in love with an idea are essentially "happy" and satisfied at least in that aspect, and trying to change it (even out of good intentions, if there is a substantial disagrement with your position, or the "true" position) is not always as productive as it seems.

"My good intentions are completely lethal."
                Margaret Atwood

Comment

The reason I raise is is because evolutionists are the people who traditionally discard the supernatural existence of a God or Gods because you can't "prove it" or there exists a lack of evidence and/or verification, yet these are the same people who adhere to evolution which itself is lacking empirical verification.

As I've stated before, the only thing evolution has going for itself is microevolution, now how that leads to macroevolution is yet to be proven.

I find this issue of interest since prior to exposing this theory to scrutiny I was a bio major and in light of the puzzle not fitting and the constant reshaping of the contents of the theory to holdfast to an immutable theory was discomforting to me.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Understand!!what's that

The Question is HOW!!!

Comment

Am I the only man who's never had this "I don't understand women!!!" problem? Every guy feels like women speak a different language or something... I for one have never had the problem of "understanding women"... I can usually read them like a book. Probably why I choose to date so little...
                      "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Working...
                      X