Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who the hell understands women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gevo
    Few comments:
    The idea of calling the girl over to your house for all the reasons you stated above is good, and in essence is a better "bonding" environment and eventually more intimate (not sex!)... BUT<, sometimes for certain people it is a rather large problem since they still live with their parents, and should i even get into that... oh Lord!>>
    Also, this is not true for all girls.. and if i dare say too many i have met. Some would rather be pampered and treated like royality at the expensive restaurants and pocket drying dates. BUT, this does not mean that these kind of people are not capable of eventually falling in love, or being very attracted to the guy as the girls who would rather come to your home.. ofcourse though, there are thos bastards who like to be pampered and then once the money is gone so are they... or they will just sit there and nag and complain until you get sick of them....
    Im sorry to have to generalize this way.. i do understand all the exceptions.. and hopefully their are more than i think
    There are always exceptions to rules. My only point was you do not need to wine and dine girls to create attraction.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by GSTracer05
      It doesn't matter what you do? What if you had feelings for this guy who never wanted to go out. He just wanted to stay home and watch tv with you. (Hypothetically speaking). You could handle that throughout a relationship?

As for going to nice dinners, it has nothing to do with "chasing" and "pampering" women like some of you know-it-alls are stating. I like to go to nice dinners. I am not taking my dates, or g/f to a nice dinner because I want to spend big $$$ on her to impress her. I go to a nice dinner because the environment is pleasant, the food is good, I'm HUNGRY, and I'd like to share that experience with someone thats dear to me. I like to go places, see things, and I like to share that experience with someone I care about. There are degrees to that as well. I'm not saying I go to some fancy shmancy French resteraunt where I spend $150 on a plate to get a little piece of chicken with a small side of 2 carrots. The "planning" of it shows to alot of women that you are willing to take the initiative to do and see things with them by your side. The "come over" line is good when you have a girl who's fallen for you and your future plans do not including anything past sex.
      You misunderstand. Going to dinner is not an evil. It is just overkill in popular culture. My only point was you do not need to "take out girls" to create attraction.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
        Indeed the debutante. I like to think I understand women. I gather jinx understands women the least, based on his sheer behavior and confusion exuded by his posts. Not that it is anything bad, as obviously I expressed confusion in this above thread made in March 2003. But I will state that there is a general pattern I have noticed in my putrid existence and dealings with females. And the reason I am stating this is for record purposes so as to finally bring this thread to culmination, since I started it and to show that I did indeed learn a thing or two.

Look at dating, which is a loaded thing. Everyone is into this shyt and most guys think that this is the avenue to figure out chicks, by spending endless money and time taking them out. The word "dating" is simply a word that is understood to be "romantic interactions with women". But if you want to strip it down to mere romantic interactions, that doesn't mean you need to be "dating" in order to do it. After all, any couple that has been together for a significant period, look at their behavior. They stay home most of the time, and watch movies from Blockbuster, or do other shyt like they did before they met. This whole "OMG LETS GO OUT TO DINNER" ritual is really stupid.

When you know how to trigger attraction in a woman, all the "normal" rules go away. If a woman feels that powerful emotional attraction for you, then she'll do anything with you just to be in your presence and have your attention. After you got that down, all you say is "come over here". No dates required nor any time thinking of "where to go out to". Now, if you buy her dinner 10 times, call her 10 times a day, and chase her around, then it will be expected that you continue this pattern and provide for her. Then you can be 80% sure she is running back to her ex who is a "jerk" in her words and getting bored of you. Moderation. I've learned that attraction doesn't have a timeline. It happens very quickly, when you least expect it, and if you know how to trigger it and you don't need a lot of "date ideas" once you do. After all that, women don't care what you do together, as long as she's with you. Well, at least that's my two cents.
        Totally agree. Good post.

*Eats some hot pockets.*

Comment

You misunderstand. Going to dinner is not an evil. It is just overkill in popular culture. My only point was you do not need to "take out girls" to create attraction.
          If that was the case, then I apologize. I agree with you. Most women know within the first few minutes if there is a attraction. There are rare cases where it does take time for girls to open up and they come to realize that, "hey, this guy really does like me, maybe I should give him a chance". But for any long term relationship to grow and develop you have to share alot of your interests, whether its dining, movies, sports, whatever you love to do, with your companion. I for one get bored really fast if the woman is not outgoing.

Comment

Originally posted by Genuine_Stud
            Totally agree. Good post.

*Eats some hot pockets.*
            I knew you would.

Aren't those hot pockets good? I like the pepperoni one.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

I knew you would.

Aren't those hot pockets good? I like the pepperoni one.
              Hell yea man.

The breakfast one they have are pretty good as well.

BTW, Eggo waffles kicks major butt as well.

Wafffllllleeeesss.........*drools*

Comment

But see, that's exactly the problem. Whether it's long term or not, guys feel that they have to take a girl out to impress them or attempt to create attraction. I do not believe in that. That doesn't mean you can't "go out". No, in fact I plan to go to dinner. The point was many guys, and including myself at one point, believed that you have to take out girls to win their approval and impress them or create attraction, whichever. It took me time to learn from my mistakes and those of others that trying to impress a girl by taking her out is a no no. That's just my book of rules.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

You only have to do that with Armenian girls. Haha.

It's a game we all play in society. You do not take a girl out to create attraction but women's feelings are like a temp. gauge, the more time you spend with them the more they increase. Plus most women wont waste time with a guy who does not impress them from first contact. I'm sure you learned just like me that us guys have to walk a thin line when it comes to the "dating" scene. You have to make sure you don't give them too much attention so their heads don't get too big and they fly away, and you can't treat them like dirt so you dont end up home alone with your hands in your pants.

But the whole long term relationship/marriage deal changes the rules. When you finally meet someone that you can say, "sh*t this is the person I want to spend the rest of my life with", the rules change.

Comment

Another thing that this reminds me of is how women have a tendency to say things, that actually mean something that is different from what a guy would mean if he said the same words. In other words, women sometimes mean the opposite of what they say, although they will deny it. This doesn't mean it's an iron law or there aren't exceptions. It only means women have this tendency, because obviously men and women are different.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by gaucho
                      an example would help.
                      good?
                      good?
                      good.
                      I was planning on not going into details but since you asked, I shall oblige. Women mean something other than what they say, at least they have a tendency to. When I say "I'm going to stay home, eat cheetohs, play videogames", that is what I will be doing. If a woman says that she is going to stay home, chances are she is not. Maybe it is not as clear, but take this to the realm of the sexes and "dating".

When women state they what something, they usually want the things that they're asking for from a guy who already has about ten other qualities that they never utter. So if a lady says "I want a man who is sensitive and understanding", what she really means is she wants someone whos already got his life together, is interesting, unpredictable, dominant, funny, healthy, charismatic, confident, and loyal and who as well sensitive. The upshot is that when a woman says one of these "I want a guy who is so and so" statements, they actually have an ideal guy in mind. And hence women want a man who makes them feel the emotional and physical response that we know as attraction. They want a man who makes them feel it. But most women either can't describe the things that actually make them feel attraction, or they don't want to have to describe them, because they want a man who already is those things without having to learn them. As an analogy, think of yourself as the owner of a ball club, and you are hiring players for your club. Say it's football. Would you want to draft someone on your team who is already a complete athlete, or someone who says "Yea I'm an athlete but just give me sometime to learn". Same goes for women. They don't want a guy that they have to train. Some do, and we call those exceptions to rules, but the general pattern is the above.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X