Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

which is better???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: which is better???

Originally posted by TomServo
    And bookmakers!
    How about librarians?

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraHye
      How about librarians?
      I like librarians.
      Last edited by Anahita; 03-05-2006, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASSASSINATER
        yes,and tom servo can burn with desire to have library instead of boookmakes
        I am literally in favor of printed books (that kind of culture can't vanish in a power outage) and public librarians (some of first to challenge violations of constitutional rights) ... go on...
        Last edited by Anahita; 03-07-2006, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Books were cool before interactive media but I just can't imagine having to read something that doesn't have a built-in search function anymore.
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Hmm. But, can you 'read' me. I don't have that built-in function.... reverse that 'anymore', I think.
            Last edited by Anahita; 03-07-2006, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
              Books were cool before interactive media but I just can't imagine having to read something that doesn't have a built-in search function anymore.
              Books are far more interesting than anything else on the internet.

As good as movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
                Hmm. But, can you 'read' me. I don't have that built-in function....
                Everyone does! There are ways to find things out when dealing with an interactive being
                this post = teh win.

Comment

but books are sometimes extremely imaginery,different than movies.moreover books can make extravagat promises to its reader....
                  That's why books are better.

Comment

If you read real history or real stories about any country or any figure,yes Its vert interesting to read books.But If you want action and visual movement,more enjoyable to watch.....I like espionage stories,because these were experienced before between USA and SOVIET UNION.I read such kind of books,before these books,these informations were TOP SECRET.but after some period these informations are revealed in books.this appeals to me very much.I dont know you like such kind of books?are you bookworm?
                    I don't necessarily agree that movies are better if it's about action. Books let you imagine and picture things in your own way, in your own head. The suspense a book contains is far more better than any suspense a movie could provide. I finished "The Da Vinci Code" is three days because I was glued to it, and no matter how good the movie is, it won't top the book. And in a way, it contains some action.

I suppose I am a bookworm. As a child, I was always reading. ALWAYS. It wasn't until very recently when I got interested in books again. My mom would always say, "Remember how you used to love books?" - and now I'm back at it. Before I finished "The Da Vinci Code", I bought a new book, and before I got far into the new book, I bought another one. So now I'm reading a new book, will be done in about two days, and after that - I already have another book waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by 1womanARMY
                      love and romance....
                      hmmm...lets make a new thread...

is it better to have loved and lost?
                      or to have never loved at all???

yes very cliche...i know...but i am bored...and i dont care!

i think to have loved and lost.. altough it's very painful to lose!!! but at least it's a beautiful feeling we get to feel and know what love is and how it feels to be in love.
                      It's a feeling which i think everyone should experiance. thats the life end of the day. we should look forward and think that we are who we are because of our past including that love that we once had but doesn't existe any more.

Comment

Working...
                      X