Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are You Currently In A Relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are You Currently In A Relationship?

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    No culture. And no, hotdogs, hamburgers and pizza isn't culture.
    So what is Culture?

Comment

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
      So what is Culture?
      Culture is the totality of socially transmitted behavior patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, and all other products of human work and thought. For a group of people, it is a tool for survival but can be easily lost because it exists only in our minds. Languages, foods, arts, literature, governments, buildings, and other man-made things are merely the products of culture. Western "culture" is a mash up of subcultures which is why society as a whole doesn't function in unison. Culture basically forms a society's way of life and Armenians culturally have(had) their own traditions and behavior patterns that cultivated our minds and created our identity. Basically, it's a way of life that makes us distinct from other cultures. I think the term "racism" is being used to destroy culture.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Culture is Armenia, although, in time, it may fade away due to interracial marriages and lack of cultural reproduction.

Comment

Thought I would share this next story as I think it has helped me turn over a new leaf.

The situation is simple ... you are attracted to someone but have a hard time approaching them (obviously this applies less to women) yet you feel like if you do not break the ice you will have missed out on an amazing opportunity to have a relationship with this person.

So I found myself in the situation I mentioned above. I was thinking about her quite a bit without even trying for like a week. I didn't want this to become a "give-each-other-looks-in-passing" type of situation where we don't know who each of us are. I decided to introduce myself the next chance I got so I could alleviate the weird feelings I was having/getting.

I saw her and introduced myself and much to my horror her personality was quite unattractive. She is a very beautiful woman but within a 3min conversation I quickly realized she was everything I would never want to be around. After building her up to be the next best thing since sliced bread she turned out to have an attitude and personality that I know I simply can not deal with. Actually I could ... and in the past I have, but I suppose the new leaf I turned over is in coming to the same "this will never work" realization much sooner and just going with it instead of trying to force the situation.

I have been on many dates out here (99% of them were awful) and west coast women imho are very different in comparison to the east coast. Not saying it is a bad thing but I think guys who grew up out here are a little better prepared, or conditioned, to deal with women who have high relationship expectancies. When I say "relationship expectancies" I am not referring to whether or not a guy will commit to a long-term relationship. I am talking more about women who expect a lifestyle to come along with the man they choose to be with. The lifestyle I am presently coupled with is far from the idyllic lifestyle these types of women feel they need and are actively searching for. I am doing us both a favor.

Best thing I gained from all of this is that it is all past me now and I think I learned an important lesson in the "building potential relationships" department.

Hope it helps someone else as well!

Related movie: Searching for Mr. Goodbar

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
          Culture is Armenia, although, in time, it may fade away due to interracial marriages and lack of cultural reproduction.
          Never heard that before here ...

Just to be sure if we use math we can clearly calculate that Culture = Armenia.

Comment

Working...
          X