Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Like to know what nationalities Armenians are dating these days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Like to know what nationalities Armenians are dating these days...

Originally posted by ckBejug
    Hey Sip what do you mean by the cost of maintaning Armenainness? Do you mean that it comes at the expense of maybe dating someone from another culture who would make you happy/content/etc because you are holding out for an Armenain?
    That is certainly part of it. But also, sometimes it is simply not possible to find an Armenian mate. Maybe in the Los Angeles area it is easier but simply making a blanket statement about "oh you have to marry an Armenian or you are a moron" seems very rediculous to someone who might not necessarily be sitting somewhere close to the comforts of Southern California.

By "cost" I mean the opportunity cost. Because lets face it, if it were easy, everyone would do it and we wouldn't even have to discuss it in a thread like this.

Also when it comes to keeping the kids "Armenian", again, there are huge costs associated with it. Even in LA, not everyone can afford the super expensive private Armenian schools ... even if they could, that might not necessariliy be the best educational course for a smart kid as they will be at a significant disadvantage when it comes time to hit the big time universities after their wonderful private school life.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Look at the "kids" today that have Armenian parents, they all speak English. So when it was said earlier that marrying an odar would confuse the kid, the example is in front of you guys. So it doesnt matter if you marry an Armenian or not because the truth is majority of the kids of Armenians speak english go to public schools & so on.
      If your a Left Handed person like me, you are truly unique.

Comment

^^ They may all speak English but do they ONLY speak English? Do I not serve as an example to you all?

Comment

So the kids that are baught up & raised by Armenian parents are considered what
          American Armenian?

Comment

Originally posted by Quarteria
            What chance do I have to marry an Armenian man?
            Maybe online.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin
              Maybe online.
              Lucin maybe. Actually funny as it may sound my friends met eachother on AOL... TownSquare - Armenia. Hey it can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeftyHye
                Lucin maybe. Actually funny as it may sound my friends met eachother on AOL... TownSquare - Armenia. Hey it can happen.
                Ofcourse it can, technology has made a lot of things easier, meeting a certain type of people is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeftyHye
                  So the kids that are baught up & raised by Armenian parents are considered what
                  American Armenian?
                  Yup, I would say so. Or plankash lakot xxxer.

Comment

Originally posted by ddd
                    Ofcourse it can, technology has made a lot of things easier, meeting a certain type of people is one of them.
                    Yes, its very popular people hooking up over the Net.

Comment

Technology has made meeting different people very easy. What technology hasn't solved yet is the problem that Armenians are physically spread over very large distances which poses certain problems when marriage and having kids is concerned.
                      this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                      X