Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Drugs and Treatments in todays capitalist markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drugs and Treatments in todays capitalist markets

Insurance companies are indeed the evile spawns of satan. For all your bashing of liberalism i am glad to see that you see some good in nationalized healthcare vs the privatized garbage in the USA.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I bash liberals and conservatives alike. What one doesn't mess up, the other surely will. It's like a tag team match. Ideally, education for health care should be free to those with the brain power. Also, nursing is more of a vocation or calling, it's not just a 'job'. That would create more doctors and nurses and they wouldn't be over worked. That way you overlap 5-6 nurses working 8 hour shifts instead of 3 nurses working 10-12 hour shifts. That leaves more time for communication and less stress which would result in better thinking and less mistakes.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

In addition to it being easier to just "temporarily fix" the symptoms, it's also less costly for everybody. Though it really sucks, it's undeniable that it is far easier to get grants from the government and other sponsors to fund your project if it's shorter than spending the years it'll take to find a cure -- when we really don't even know if there is one.

I'll take your example of asthma.

I have asthma too. I've had it since I was little. Asthma's earliest medicine was developed in order to combat that wheezing nuisance. It wasn't until the 90s that more was known about it - they discovered that inflammatino of our bronchioles is the instigator of our asthma attacks. No one can even conceive of a notion to cure it because no one has the slightest idea as to a possible "why" asthma exists. Not going to get funding to just fumble around and hope to land something.

Though, because of that, it's undeniable as well what you said - by privatizing, they're making money off of us being sick. On the other hand, there's nothing they can do about it. Hence the controversy of President Obama's healthcare plan in the US. Doctors will get paid a lot less because insurance wouldn't exist. That is a lot of jobs lost in itself, but who wants to become a doctor anymore, go through all those 8 years of education (college alone), and wind up getting paid roughly $20 an hour? a paramedic makes slightly more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tali View Post
          Though, because of that, it's undeniable as well what you said - by privatizing, they're making money off of us being sick. On the other hand, there's nothing they can do about it. Hence the controversy of President Obama's healthcare plan in the US. Doctors will get paid a lot less because insurance wouldn't exist. That is a lot of jobs lost in itself, but who wants to become a doctor anymore, go through all those 8 years of education (college alone), and wind up getting paid roughly $20 an hour? a paramedic makes slightly more than that.
          Welcome to Communism. Enjoy your stay. Capitalists love Communist countries and now that America is under their complete control, they don't have to cater to the people that allowed the spread of dictatorships and communist ideals.
          Last edited by KanadaHye; 02-12-2011, 11:15 AM.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

They have cut the doctors share of the profits and added it to insurance companies. As for the reason why bronchioles get enflamed, it is not complicated to figure out. Like many other enflamation proccesses the reason is our bodies immune responce. In the case of asthma our immune system is responding to something it doesn't like in the lungs. Different things can cause this responce, things like allorgens or other foreighn debree-even stress. We know why it exists, but no one is looking for the cure and thousends are looking for a treating symptoms.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              They have cut the doctors share of the profits and added it to insurance companies. As for the reason why bronchioles get enflamed, it is not complicated to figure out. Like many other enflamation proccesses the reason is our bodies immune responce. In the case of asthma our immune system is responding to something it doesn't like in the lungs. Different things can cause this responce, things like allorgens or other foreighn debree-even stress. We know why it exists, but no one is looking for the cure and thousends are looking for a treating symptoms.
              What's worse is they are giving inhalers to toddlers now due to coughs. At least when you're an adult you can understand if something is working or not but infants can't.

Comment

My bf's communist. I'm capitalist i suppose. that's what he tells me anyway

it doesn't explain why i got mine at age..6 and you got yours at age 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Tali View Post
                  My bf's communist. I'm capitalist i suppose. that's what he tells me anyway

it doesn't explain why i got mine at age..6 and you got yours at age 30.
                  I got mine at age 12 and it went away by 20. I pretty much just started exercising regularly and meditating whenever I had the urge to wheeze or cough. The steroid inhalers worked well during its onset.

Comment

i should've used quotes. my second comment was directed at Haykakan.

however, that's good to know. i'll try that sometime

Comment

That person i mentioned earlier who has cancer just got some bad news. It turns out modern medicine can do a detailed genetic analysis of the the cancer cells. This analysis reviels the nature of thee cancer (how quikly is it likely to progress, chances of beating it..). She was told that the type of luchemia she has gives her 10% chance of winning and that is if a proper bone merrow donner is found (which in her case is unlikely since hers is geneticaly rare type). I think this is a perfect example of what i have been saying about our medical system. The test they did on her can be done to anyone with this cancer so it generates revanue. Sixty years ago such a test was purely science fiction. My point is that look at the progress we made at testing and realize that it was made because it generated revanue. At the same time there is no progress at all for finding a cure during that same 60 year period. This is no isoated event, this is more the case thea the exception. If people are not going to be paid to find cures then hardly any will be found. Tali i am glad you brought up capitalist vs communist idea earlier and i will use the difference in systemic ideology to illustrate my point. We have all seen what the medical system is like under communism-whatever is profitable progresses while other things are neglected. Under communism profit is replaced by the greater societal good as the driving force behind research. The difference in motivation allowes medicine under communism to adress the root of the problem instead of dancing its way around it and making as much money possible off of it. Under capitalism the resources are put to use to generate profits not cures. I cant help but think that with all the revolutions going on in the world in the country that needs revolution the most people are quietly sitting at home watching tv while eating hotpockets then popping a pepcid (or any other treatment from a huge variety of choices) or two. Capitalism is like foreplay that never gets to the point.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X