Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

World Cup 2010 Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Cup 2010 Qualifying

Despite ban, Azerbaijani flag sneaked into Bursa Ataturk Stadium

15.10.2009 14:26 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Despite a FIFA ban, fans sneaked an Azerbaijani flag into Bursa Ataturk Stadium for Armenia-Turkey World Cup 2010 qualifier. The small Azerbaijani flag was seen in the stadium from time to time. The fans hid it quickly not to let police notice.

Link

Comment

xxxxing idiots!! they should get a fine from fifa for this, makes me sick

how many armenians did the trip? is there a picture of the away bay?
      Last edited by Ari; 10-15-2009, 06:05 AM.

Comment

I thought at the last minute they changed their mind about Azeri flags? (turks, not fifa)

Well, I expected worse from turks...having followed their matches against Greece.

For footie fans who haven't seen it yet, go check out 'international football factories"
        kurtçul kangal

Comment

Yeh i was a bit worried about our players safety to until they started playing and then i wanted to kill them myself.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Baku officially accused Ankara of showing disrespect for Azeri flag

15.10.2009 20:54 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Azerbaijan's Deputy FM Araz Azimov Thursday received Nihat Civaner, Turkey's Charge d'Affaires in Azerbaijan. During the meeting, Azeri official expressed official protest against disrespect for Azerbaijani flag during the October 14 Turkey-Armenia soccer match, Trend News reports.

Local authorities in Turkish Bursa and Armenian Football Federation prohibited fans to wave Azerbaijani flag during the match between Armenian and Turkish teams. Nevertheless the flag sneaked into stadium. It was seen there from time to time, but the fans hid it quickly not to let police notice, a PanARMENIAN.Net correspondent reported from Bursa.

Link

Comment

Sarkisian Condemned For Turkish Goal ‘Celebrations’

President Serzh Sarkisian faced harsh criticism from domestic political opponents, media and football fans on Thursday for what they saw as his unbridled celebration of Turkey’s defeat of Armenia in a high-profile match the previous night.
              Playing in the northwestern Turkish city of Bursa, the Armenian national soccer team was beaten 2-0 by the superior Turks in front of about 19,000 passionate spectators as well as the presidents of the two mutually antagonistic countries.

Sarkisian broadly smiled and promptly congratulated his Turkish counterpart Abdullah Gul with handshake every time Turkey scored to seal the victory. The scene, highly unusual for heads of state attending major football games, was repeatedly replayed by Turkish television broadcasting the match to both countries.

The spokesman for Sarkisian’s Republican Party of Armenia (HHK) defended the president’s seemingly warm reaction to the Turkish goals that came after a mass jeering of Armenia’s national anthem played in Bursa’s Ataturk stadium. “He smiled because the goal was nice. He enjoyed watching football,” Eduard Sharmazanov explained at a news conference in Yerevan, sparking laughter among journalists.

But for many Armenians disappointed with their team’s dismal performance, Sarkisian’s behavior appears to have only added insult to injury. His critics were quick to seize upon what is shaping up as another public relations setback for Yerevan’s “football diplomacy” with Ankara.

“Every Armenian who saw that footage last night will draw appropriate conclusions,” said Arman Musinian, a spokesman for the main opposition Armenian National Congress (HAK). “I will just say that nothing else could be expected from this regime.”

“It’s hard to say what influenced Serzh Sarkisian’s hearty rejoicing of the goals conceded by our team will have on Gul and what results it will produce in terms of the ‘football diplomacy,’ but it can be asserted for certain that it has been perceived very badly in Armenia,” “Haykakan Zhamanak,” Armenia’s best-selling daily sympathetic to the HAK, wrote in a front-page article.

Hakob Badalian, a commentator for the independent online journal Lragir.am, singled out Sarkisian’s “joy” in a commentary on the Armenian president’s landmark visit to Turkey. “What was the point of rejoicing so demonstratively?” he asked. “Was he confused or took it as a good opportunity to please Gul? Either way, the scene was rather ugly.”

“Usually, presidents watching football games are very reserved if they sit next to their counterparts and, the more so, if the rival team scores,” argued Badalian.

The sentiment was echoed on the streets of Yerevan, with many people randomly interviewed by RFE/RL reacting to the episode with anger. “[Sarkisian] was very happy that the Armenians are losing,” claimed one man. “He celebrated when they scored.”

“He was happy that the Armenians lost,” agreed a middle-aged woman. “Didn’t you watch him? He liked that. I don’t know if that was diplomacy or not, but he had nothing to rejoice about.”

“He smiled too much,” observed a younger soccer fan. “I do understand that he had to stick to the etiquette. But he should have been a bit more reserved in congratulating [Gul.]”

President Serzh Sarkisian faced harsh criticism from domestic political opponents, media and football fans on Thursday for what they saw as his unbridled celebration of Turkey’s defeat of Armenia in a high-profile match the previous night.
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

That fugger had no 'grace' with that display of affection.
                kurtçul kangal

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
                  Whatch the traitor at 11 seconds how he's happy
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Armenia ate the first goal.

Armenia team stinks, I can play better defense and I'm 52 !
                  I guess everyone noticed the over-exuberance unfit to a president of a country.
                  "All truth passes through three stages:
                  First, it is ridiculed;
                  Second, it is violently opposed; and
                  Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
                    I guess everyone noticed the over-exuberance unfit to a president of a country.
                    He's out of place in the leader role...plain and simple.

Artsakh, protocols, genocide, domestic oppression of critics...

I'm completely sick of his face already.

If anything, this guys cold face...

while signing the document (video available on youtube) earned an extra point from me.
                    kurtçul kangal

Comment

He is just a politician and is acting like one. Do you want him to shout out and swear a word or two? Or maybe bite his fingers? He was quite relaxed and it was fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                      X