Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

World Cup 2010 Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Cup 2010 Qualifying

A little late with the news, but figured I'd revive the thread leading up to the match with Turkey in October

Armenia seize maiden victory

(PA) Wednesday 9 September 2009

Armenia caused a shock with their first victory in Group 5 of European Zone qualifying for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™, goals from Hovhannes Goharyan and Sargis Hovsepyan seeing off Belgium.

Prior to this evening's game in Yerevan, the hosts had only taken one point from seven previous matches in the pool and still remain a point behind Estonia in the fight to avoid the wooden spoon.

Bayern Munich defender Daniel van Buyten pulled one back for Belgium in second-half stoppage time, but it was not enough to prevent the Mexico 1986 semi-finalists' miserable campaign sinking to a new low.

Belgium made the better start, and Standard Liege forward Igor de Camargo was the first to go close before the hosts carved out their first opportunity in the 17th minute. Goharyan played in Arman Karamyan, who advanced through on Jean-Francois Gillet, and the goalkeeper did enough to turn his close-range effort on to the post.

The chance gave Armenia confidence and BATE Borisov forward Goharyan put them in front six minutes later, when he fired in a rebound after Gillet had parried Henrykh Mkhitaryan's shot.

The home team could have added a second before the break, with captain Hovsepyan missing the best of the chances they created between scoring the opener and the half-time whistle blowing. Pyunik player Hovsepyan made amends in style by doubling Armenia's lead five minutes into the second period.

Belgium finally stepped up their efforts but Van Buyten and Tom de Sutter missed good opportunities to halve the deficit. Gevorg Kasparov did brilliantly to save a close-range header from De Camargo in the 86th minute before Van Buyten scored right at the death, too late to rescue even a point.

It was an incredible result for Armenia, who had only scored three goals in their previous seven qualifiers.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1099655.html

LOW PRICES FOR ARMENIA-SPAIN FOOTBALL MATCH TICKETS

Aysor.am
    September 28

Armenia-Spain football match will be played October, 10, in
    "Republican" stadium aft. Vazgen Sarkisyan.

Armenia's Football Federation has set relatively low prices for
    tickets despite of Champion of Europe participation. Thus, prices for
    Southern and Northern tribunes are 3 thousand AMD, Eastern tribune -
    5000 and Western tribune - 7000, Armenian Football Federation's press
    office reports.
    Last edited by KanadaHye; 09-29-2009, 11:53 AM.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

US urges Armenian President to attend soccer match in Turkey

Football News - Other European Football News

UNITED NATIONS, Sept 28, 2009 (AFP) - The United States on Monday urged President Serzh Sarkisian of Armenia to visit Turkey for a soccer game between both countries in a bid to help normalize ties between Ankara and Yerevan.

Senior US diplomat Phil Gordon, speaking after US-Turkish and US-Armenian talks in New York, told reporters he understood that "the Armenian president has been invited to Turkey for the return" World Cup qualifying match.

"We think it would be a good thing if he attended it, reciprocating the attendance of the Turkish president of the match when it was in Armenia," Gordon said when asked to comment on a reciprocal visit.

"It would be a good sign and further evidence of the two countries coming together if he went to the football match," said Gordon, the US assistant secretary of state for European affairs.

Gordon briefed reporters on talks US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton held separately with the Turkish and Armenian foreign ministers on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York.

He acknowledged that there remained some political opposition in both Armenia and Turkey to normalization of ties.

Turkish officials said Sunday in Ankara that Turkey and Armenia will sign a landmark deal to establish diplomatic ties next month in Switzerland in a bid to end decades of animosity over World War I massacres.

The fence-mending process had gathered steam in September 2008 when Turkish President Abdullah Gul paid a landmark visit to Yerevan to watch the first leg of a World Cup qualification match between Turkey and Armenia.

It is unclear whether his Armenian counterpart Serzh Sarkisian will return the gesture when the second leg is played in the northwestern Turkish city of Bursa on October 14.

Last edited by KanadaHye; 09-29-2009, 11:48 AM.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

The Armeniant NT is much improved and may just give them turcks all they can handle. I heard they moved the event to a pretty intolorant city full of azeris, i guess they wana intimidate the guys-so much for a rosie welcome p.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

News.am

Security measures for Armenian team in Bursa
          13:50 / 10/03/2009

Immediately after Armenian football national team arrives in Bursa
          (Turkey) it will be under tight security, as well as the hotel team
          stays at will be classified, Turkish Habernet website reads.

Turkish Presidential office, Foreign Ministry, Interior Ministry and
          Turkish football federation undertook joint activities, taking into
          consideration RA President's possible arrival in Bursa. Interior
          Ministry takes security measures to prevent fans' protests at the
          Armenian-Turkey October 14 match.

It is unclear whether Armenian team will arrive in Istanbul or Bursa
          directly.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Armenian and Turkish
          Foreign Ministers as well as a number of officials will
          participate. UEFA President Michel Platini presence is also possible.

Anti-Armenian posters are banned, just as the protest actions around
          the stadium and in Bursa itself.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            The Armeniant NT is much improved and may just give them turcks all they can handle. I heard they moved the event to a pretty intolorant city full of azeris, i guess they wana intimidate the guys-so much for a rosie welcome p.
            Is Bursa full of Azeris? I dont think so. Its the 5th or 6th biggest city of Turkey; if it is not Istanbul, national matches are often played in big cities such as Bursa, Antalya, Kayseri etc.
            Last edited by Army; 10-06-2009, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Army View Post
              Is Bursa full of Azeris? I dont think so. Its the 5th or 6th biggest city of Turkey; it is not Istanbul, national matches are often played in big cities such as Bursa, Antalya, Kayseri etc.
              Yeh i was reading about it the other day that it has a sizeable azeri population which was being encouraged to attend the game.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                Yeh i was reading about it the other day that it has a sizeable azeri population which was being encouraged to attend the game.
                Did not know that. However as I said, lots of national matches were held in Bursa, Armenia is not the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by Army View Post
                  Did not know that. However as I said, lots of national matches were held in Bursa, Armenia is not the first one.
                  Yeh but thats not the whole story either. When Armenia and Turckey match was announced the turcks said that it was going to be hosted in a bigger city with a new stadium which was going to be decorated with thousends of roses to welcome the armenians, after a few weeks they changed the location to a city with a more hostile population and a old runned down stadium and um oh yeh no roses. xxxx like this is exactly why no one trusts turckey as i mentioned earlier i fear they may do the same thing with the border by opening it for a while and then closing it. While many here are worried about open borders i am worried that turckey will close them after opening. After this move by turckey fifa decided to send their head boss to the game which is going to be played on oct 14 and gave turckey a stern warning that any lapses in security would cost turckey a ban from fifa.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

That stadium you mentioned is probably the one in Kayseri. They already did an international match there, but I dont know the other national team. One of my friends went to see the game, so Im sure they held an opening match for international games there.

Comment

The game is being played in Bursa plus i jut got this news

FIFA DISQUALIFIES TURKISH TEAM HEAD COACH FATIH TERIM

PanARMENIAN.Net
                      07.10.2009 17:01 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ FIFA disqualified Turkish Team head coach Fatih
                      Terim for one match, citing the coach's unsportsmanlike behavior
                      during the match against Bosnia and Herzegovina.

In a match against RA Team due October 14 in Bursa, Terim can return
                      to his place in technical zone.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X