Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympics

GAGIK TSARUKYAN: IT WILL BE A GOOD RESULT IF ARMENIA RANKS TOP TEN AT OLYMPICS

PanARMENIAN.Net
    02.02.2010 20:53 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ 21 Winter Olympics will be held in the Canadian city
    of Vancouver from February 12 to 28. Kristine Khachatryan and Sergey
    Mikaelyan (skiing), Ani-Matilda Serebryakyan and Arsen Nersisyan
    (downhill skiing) will represent Armenia in the Olympic Games. The
    delegation will leave for Vancouver on February 5.

On February 2 the President of the National Olympic Committee of
    Armenia Gagik Tsarukyan and the newly appointed Minister of Sport
    and Youth Affairs Artur Petrosyan met with journalists and sports
    delegation at the Olympic Committee of Armenia. "Because of the
    climatic conditions winter sports are not so well developed in our
    country. And we do not expect gold or silver medals from the Olympics.

It will be a good result if Armenia ranks top ten at Olympics,"
    Tsarukyan said. President of the National Olympic Committee on behalf
    of the International Olympic Committee, presented certificates to
    members of the Armenian delegation.

Personaly i think its lame to have low expectations for the reasons he gives. There are lots of snow covered mountains in hayastan so the weather excuse i dont buy.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Re: Olympics

Cool... thanks for the update!
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Np Kanadahye, maybe you can attend the event our atheletes participate in. I respect Gagik Tsarukian for helping our country by funding sporting events especially olympic related ones but the excuse he gives here is just lame in my opinion. I cannot think of a single winter olympic sport that cannot be performed in Hayastan at some point during the year. Rubo makes similar excuses for the ffa, like "o i made a good offer but the coach declined to take the job" like sure it was a ok offer for one job but you wanted him to do two jobs#@$%^grrr.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I think its too late to make arrangements for the trip to the olympics but hopefully the Armenians in Vancouver will be there in support. Might actually see some flags waving on TV.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Vancouver is a pretty city i hear. It is close to some magnificent wilderness and i would love to see it oneday. Have you been there?
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

In Armenia we have only Dzaghgatsor as a ski resort where our athletes can be trained, till about 15 days ago it was only raining there as I heard.

Comment

Other countries with no snow at all still enter and do better than we do everytime.

I understand how it could hinder athletes if they don't have the right conditions to practice in, but my god, can we not even win/compete in figure skating or Hockey? Those are indoor sports. No one who does either professionally actually justs waits for a lake to freeze over in the winter. And most people training for the olympics tend to travel elsewhere to train. The chinese couple that won the gold for figure skating, travelled to other countries to practice with various coaches to refine their technique.

Can Armenia not send some skiiers out to other countries like Iran, or Russia to go train at their facilities or possibly find better coaches?

Maybe they could offer incentive for diasporans to represent us by giving them some sort of incentive to compete?

i know we're not exactly a "wealthy" nation, but poorer countries have pulled off much more with much less

Comment

Re: Olympics: “I feel honored to be on the Armenian team”

World’s biggest stage for Novato skier

Published: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:04 PM PST

Ani Serebrakian, a 20-year-old from Novato, will be marching in the Opening Ceremonies Friday night at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, B.C.

But if you plan on watching them on ABC, you may have to look quickly . . . Serebrakian, an athletic standout at Marin Catholic and now attending USF, is not part of the 216-member U.S. team, but will be in the comparatively tiny four-person ski team from Armenia.

Serebrakian, who earned a reputation for excellence among the top American juniors, could have tried to make the U.S. team, but opted to ski for Armenia. Her parents, Armen and Anita Serebrakian, are Armenian and were born in neighboring Iran.

“I feel honored to be on the Armenian team,” said Serebrakian, who will compete in women’s slalom and giant slalom events Feb. 24 and 26. “I’ve been to Armenia and it really hits home to ski for that country.”

continue....

----------------

She is ranked 3 out of 14. Hope she gets on the podium.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Re: Olympics: “I feel honored to be on the Armenian team”

[QUOTE=Eddo211;290922]World’s biggest stage for Novato skier

Published: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:04 PM PST

Ani Serebrakian, a 20-year-old from Novato, will be marching in the Opening Ceremonies Friday night at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, B.C.

But if you plan on watching them on ABC, you may have to look quickly . . . Serebrakian, an athletic standout at Marin Catholic and now attending USF, is not part of the 216-member U.S. team, but will be in the comparatively tiny four-person ski team from Armenia.

Serebrakian, who earned a reputation for excellence among the top American juniors, could have tried to make the U.S. team, but opted to ski for Armenia. Her parents, Armen and Anita Serebrakian, are Armenian and were born in neighboring Iran.

“I feel honored to be on the Armenian team,” said Serebrakian, who will compete in women’s slalom and giant slalom events Feb. 24 and 26. “I’ve been to Armenia and it really hits home to ski for that country.”

continue....

----------------

This is why i stress that people need to go to Hayastan from a young age. It realy does make a difference.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

good story

all the best to her in the competition

Comment

Working...
                    X