Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian Soccer

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
    Even by watching football, you can see the nature of Europeans. They will do anything to win, just as we saw with the Irish. Unsporting, cheating, doing everything just to win, they have no honour. This is nature for them.

We should have won the game. Irish team was nothing, oh how the game would be if we didn't get the undeserved red card for Berezovsky.
    Only Europeans cheat or behave unsportsmanlike sometimes in sports games??
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Republic of Ireland 2 Armenia 1

Ireland win to secure play-off spot

Republic of Ireland secured a European Championship qualifying play-off spot after a 2-1 victory over Armenia at the Aviva Stadium to finish second in Group B.

Armenia goalkeeper Roman Berezovsky was sent off for handling outside the box midway through the first half before Ireland took the lead courtesy of Valeri Aleksanyan’s own-goal.

Richard Dunne doubled the hosts’ advantage after the break before Henrikh Mkhitaryan pulled a goal back for Armenia, but Ireland held their nerve despite having Kevin Doyle sent off for a second bookable offence.

Ireland went into the game still mathematically able to top the group, although leaders Russia only needed a point at home to Andorra to secure automatic qualification.

But with Alan Dzagoev putting Russia ahead after five minutes en-route to a 6-0 thrashing, Ireland set about gaining the point they needed for a place in the play-offs, although Armenia knew victory would see them finish second.

Armenia went into the game as the form side having scored four goals in both their last two group fixtures against Slovakia and Macedonia and started the stronger, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s fourth minute shot drifting wide.

Ireland’s forward pair linked up well after 12 minutes, with Simon Cox holding up the ball and laying off for Doyle, who saw his shot comfortably saved by Berezovsky.

That proved to be a rare opening for Ireland, however, until the visitors were reduced to ten men when Berezovsky was adjudged to have handled outside the box to save Cox’s shot, although replays showed the ball hit the Armenia keeper’s chest.

Ireland were cruelly defeated by a Thierry Henry handball in their 2010 World Cup qualifying play-off against France and there was no shortage of irony that the tables had turned this time out, particularly considering Cox handled to bring the ball under control.

But Ireland initially failed to press home the advantage and needed another slice of luck to go ahead.

Damien Duff delivered a low cross from the right which Doyle flicked goalwards and Aleksanyan, attempting to clear, poked the ball into his own net.

Armenia were quick out of the blocks in the second half, with Marcos Pizelli feeding Yura Movsisyan, whose shot on the turn was saved by Given.

Cox then saw his toe-poke stopped, before Andrews’ low shot whistled past the post as Ireland seized the initiative.

And Giovanni Trapattoni’s side went two up when Dunne bundled home after Armenia’s substitute keeper Arsen Petrosyan failed to deal with Aiden McGeady’s cross.

Ireland started the game having kept eight consecutive clean sheets but that record was spoiled just three minutes later when Mkhitaryan beat Shay Given with a low cross from the edge of the box.

And the visitors, needing a further two goals to finish second in the group, were given further hope nine minutes from time when Doyle was sent off, first being booked for a clumsy challenge and following up by leading with his elbow in an aerial challenge.

However Armenia, out on their feet after playing much of the game with 10 men, were unable to muster a late challenge, leaving Ireland pleased to progress but faced with the prospect of going into the play-offs without the suspended Doyle and injured Robbie Keane.

Eurosport is your go-to source for sport news, on-demand videos, commentary & highlights: all in one place. Enjoy watching your favourite live sports events.

Comment

Armenia really played there best
        Next year we will advance, & btw they should really get refs that know how 2 referee
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Even by watching football, you can see the nature of Europeans. They will do anything to win, just as we saw with the Irish. Unsporting, cheating, doing everything just to win, they have no honour. This is nature for them.

We should have won the game. Irish team was nothing, oh how the game would be if we didn't get the undeserved red card for Berezovsky.
          Sour grapes!

It's the result that counts and this is the second time in a row that Ireland has beaten Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
            Only Europeans cheat or behave unsportsmanlike sometimes in sports games??
            No. But I am just sick and tired of Armenians praising Europeans as if they are angels, so I like to bash them. It's the same in politics, a French president comes to Armenia, says a word or two, and everyone admires and loves him. Doesn't matter that the French xxxxed us dozens of times in history, and still xxxxs us today (oh but wait, saying genocide is enough to win the trust of Armenians, but this also only accounts to when you are European).

No, they are European, so everything they do is good, even if they supported the Turks during the genocide (until present times) and, contrary to Russia (not Soviet-Union, Russia) who fought for Armenian territories, the Europeans actually gave Armenian territories away.
            Last edited by Tigranakert; 10-11-2011, 03:41 PM.

Comment

We were watching it in an Irish pub and the place was 80% Armenian. Really sucked the energy out of the room on that Berezovski card. Everybody was stunned. I'm so sad, I can't even drink beer to take my sorrows away because beer reminds me of drunken lucky Irishmen now -____-
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
                Armenia really played there best
                Next year we will advance, & btw they should really get refs that know how 2 referee
                Armenia aren't a bad side and the European Championship is difficult as it has a lot of very good teams.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                  We were watching it in an Irish pub and the place was 80% Armenian. Really sucked the energy out of the room on that Berezovski card. Everybody was stunned. I'm so sad, I can't even drink beer to take my sorrows away because beer reminds me of drunken lucky Irishmen now -____-
                  Well if it makes you feel any better the Irish lost to Wales in the rugby and rugby is a much bigger deal to the Irish than soccer (a little girls game).

Comment

Forget rugby, we wanted Armenia to advance
                    Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

No. But I am just sick and tired of Armenians praising Europeans as if they are angels, so I like to bash them. It's the same in politics, a French president comes to Armenia, says a word or two, and everyone admires and loves him. Doesn't matter that the French xxxxed us dozens of times in history, and still xxxxs us today (oh but wait, saying genocide is enough to win the trust of Armenians, but this also only accounts to when you are European).

No, they are European, so everything they do is good, even if they supported the Turks during the genocide (until present times) and, contrary to Russia (not Soviet-Union, Russia) who fought for Armenian territories, the Europeans actually gave Armenian territories away.
                      Every group of people let it be Europeans or Asians have their flaws. I would even call group all the people of Europe under one label 'Europeans' inaccurate, as every ethnic group of Europe is different, has different traits, history, culture, and flaws. Sarkozy saying the statement about Armenian Genocide and seeing the Turkish reaction was sweet to see, but of course we shouldn't forget Sarkozy is running for re-election in a country with a large Armenian diaspora. We shouldn't go too far in praising him, but we can give some.

Russians have supported us during our hard times, and I appreciate it, though I still feel hurt from what the Bolsheviks did, because they harmed our interests. Though we were at time used as a pawn in the Turkish-Russian conflict also - would Russians have supported us if it wasn't in their interests? There were some European powers that at times helped us, at other times worked against our interests. I would say it was a mix, but in the end any country works for its interests and will use weaker countries as pawns in gaining a foothold strategically and pursuing national desires.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X