Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Areg Nazarian 2012 Monster Season At St Francis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Areg Nazarian 2012 Monster Season At St Francis

Everyone check out Areg Nazarians 2012 Season At St Francis

He is A Stand Out 14 Years Old Armenian Football Player Thats Been On Top Of His Game For 8 Seasons!

He Is Already Getting Interests From UCLA! At The Age Of 14!

Check Out His 2012 High Lights And Share Please!

Songs are from AC/DC "Thunderstruck", AC/DC "TNT", Roy Jones "and Still"Areg Nazarian #22 2012 High Lights RB/CB/KR (St Francis High Class Of 2016)I do not o...

Re: Areg Nazarian 2012 Monster Season At St Francis

Originally posted by Nareg32 View Post

He is A Stand Out 14 Years Old Armenian Football Player Thats Been On Top Of His Game For 8 Seasons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYANn_S7duY
    Wow, never saw that young one before.
    He's fast. I wonder what his times are in the "50 & 100 ?
    Also he's strong. And surprisingly subtle.
    Although video was not of highest clarity, one could see he was very consistently getting opponents to commit their weight on the wrong foot, many times with a subtle, non apparent move.
    His acceleration from maneuver speed to blast(top speed) was both exceptional and very confusing to opponents.
    I can see nothing but mega buck contracts in the future for that young son of Hay.
    Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
      Wow, never saw that young one before.
      He's fast. I wonder what his times are in the "50 & 100 ?
      Also he's strong. And surprisingly subtle.
      Although video was not of highest clarity, one could see he was very consistently getting opponents to commit their weight on the wrong foot, many times with a subtle, non apparent move.
      His acceleration from maneuver speed to blast(top speed) was both exceptional and very confusing to opponents.
      I can see nothing but mega buck contracts in the future for that young son of Hay.
      Artashes

Thanks For The Nice Words

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYANn_S7duY
        Wowwwww......This kid is the mercury rocket. I wish him all the best and a bright future.

Comment

Observations from an old man who has been blessed to know the pleasures of running and jumping and playing.
          These are suggestions and -- not -- critisism.
          When Areg reached top speed he had great power but seemed to me to peak at RPM.
          My suggestion to this young man -- get all the video you can of --- Teofilo Stevens --- a justly famous Cuban runner and watch those video's over and over again.
          I think Areg likely has an "overdrive" gear that he's not shifting into !
          Also I had a move that I used to great success before " Mike Ditka" used a very similar move.
          On some of the occasions that young Areg was chased down, even at the last draw he (Areg) was still trying to avoid his pursuer. On some of those occasions I might suggest -- not -- trying to avoid the pursuer but rather, --- at the last draw change direction and run directly into the pursuer at full speed as if he wasn't there. I ( personally) would not use the "straight arm" as Ditka did.
          Areg is a pleasure to watch.
          Artashes

Comment

Sorry, gave wrong info. Teofilo Stevens was a boxer, not a runner. I must of been having a "senior moment".
            I think(not sure) it was Alberto Jauntorena, another famous Cuban.
            I've watched some utube videos but so far they are all at a distance and one cannot see the "gear change" that Mr. Jauntorena did so uniquely.
            I'm almost sure it was "Alberto Jauntorena".
            I was fortunate to watch a live(real time) race that was up close.
            I'll keep looking / searching for that specific highly informative video.
            Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
              Sorry, gave wrong info. Teofilo Stevens was a boxer, not a runner. I must of been having a "senior moment".
              I think(not sure) it was Alberto Jauntorena, another famous Cuban.
              I've watched some utube videos but so far they are all at a distance and one cannot see the "gear change" that Mr. Jauntorena did so uniquely.
              I'm almost sure it was "Alberto Jauntorena".
              I was fortunate to watch a live(real time) race that was up close.
              I'll keep looking / searching for that specific highly informative video.
              Artashes

Will Check Him Out Thank You.

Comment

Will Check Him Out Thank You.
                Found it, sort of --- 1982 -- 4 x 400 -- Alberto Jauntorena.
                So far all videos show him in that particular race (the one I saw) in slow motion. I watched him live with camera up close.
                In the slow motion video you cannot actually see him "change gears" but you can see how he is running after he changed gears, but camera distance and angle are different than my "lucky viewing". I'll keep looking for the right film(I know it exists).
                I'm not trying to be Areg's coach or anything like that, but found out some odd things in my athletic life.
                I always ran the 50 yd dash in under 6 sec and did 4.9, 4.8 numerous times in my youth.
                However it was not till I was 26 yrs old that someone pointed out to me that I was a shuffler.
                I ran the 100 yard dash against a known 10 flat sprinter and the knowledgeable one watching on the sideline expressed surprise at how fast I was for a shuffler.
                My point being this -- all -- running coaches in my youth failed (FAILED) to see or point that out to me.
                When I started to pick my feet up my time dramatically dropped on the first try.
                I'm not saying shuffling is your problem, at all. I don't see any problem with you(Areg).
                However, coaches in "grade" school can miss things, potentially not letting a "natural" like Areg to make dramatic improvement and utilization of the natural gift.
                Would like to explain two things but have to go now.
                If I'm not being too invasive I'll try to explain in about an hour or so. Hope I'm not being rude.
                Artashes

Comment

I just spent at least 20 minutes writing a post only to find out nothing appeared .
                  Can't help but think whoever the monitor of this specific thread at this specific time has decided to play bxtch with me. This is not the first time I have felt like this is taking place.
                  Cannot --- you --- express yourself to me as a mature adult as opposed to acting like a midol starved cxnt?
                  Artashes

Comment

Scene one take two.
                    This post shall not be as detailed as my initial post because my jaw seems to have tightened up.

The "Flash" of comic book fame was able to run in a flat line and lean forward dramatically because he could increase his RPM without apparent limit.
                    You and I don't have that option.
                    Like a car that switches to a higher gear ( larger diameter gear ) so it is with us.
                    Alberto Jaunterena was able to do this naturally ( a natural ability).
                    This is not an intuitive thing.
                    I have found nothing wrong with your running style, on the contrary, your are naturally exceptional.
                    Am not suggesting you change.
                    Am attempting to point out a non intuitive option that in my opinion few consider or perceive.
                    Since you cannot continually increase your RPM to increase your speed you -- can -- increase the size of the gear you are turning.
                    How?
                    It's called leaping.
                    When you have reached the fastest you can pump your arms and legs one needs to change to something more akin to leaping. That's not intuitive at all and can be dangerous if tried while running as fast as one can.
                    If you watch Alberto Jaunterena in the 4by 400 , at the end of video you will see his pronounced Gazell like movement.
                    First one has to become familiar with an unfamiliar movement.
                    How ?
                    My -- suggestion --
                    One needs to practice running in "5th" gear at slow speeds first.
                    How?
                    As a specific practice the goal is --- to leap all 50 yards, no running. Do that till you are familiar with that odd way.but do it as if you are running. Not leap, stop, leap, stop but leap , leap , until the leap leap leap is fluid.
                    If you do that enough you -- may -- realize when you hit your max RPM you can transition to the newly familiar leap.
                    It is an odd feeling at first but can be done.
                    One cannot do what one cannot perceive. First comes the seed then the tree.
                    I'll shall not make any more such suggestions to young Areg as I'm not his coach, but just wanted to tell you --- if you can dream there is a chance you can do what you dream. I have.
                    Artashes

Comment

Working...
                    X