Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

NBA Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Off-Season

Looks like a blockbuster trade is in the works and could be finalized after tonights expansion draft.

The Mcgrady-Francis deal (Tracy McGrady,Juwon Howard, Ty Lue for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, Kelvin Cato and a possible other pic).

This would leave a hole for the PG spot on the Rockets, but it looks like derek fisher, who can opt out of his contract can be a houston rocket guarenteeing that he starts, and the bigger contract he deserves.

A possible starting line up of: fisher, mcgrady, jim jackson, mo taylor, yao ming with ty lue, nachbar, juwan howard off the bench can make then immediate contenders for the NBA Championship, while Orlando having a veteran nucleus with youth to contend in the east.

This has been one of the most exciting offseasons and it just started. Between the two local teams and the trades and fa's they might get, its going to be crazy.

Comment

Some other interesting FA's available for the PG spot: Charlie Ward, Troy Hudson, Lindsey Hunter, Mike James. Brent Barry a player that can play 3 spots on the floor is another sniper that could be picked up.

Fisher is officially a FA.

Comment

Damn. I'm missing out on a lot. I need to start listening to sports radio again. Without the morning commute to school every day, I'm out of the loop.

Fisher would be perfect in Houston. Tough defender, plays physically, good spot-up shooter, can hit the open three, and - most importantly - will gladly feed the ball to Yao every time down the floor. I don't know about McGrady, though. I could see him getting really unhappy in VanGundy's offense. He won't be able to do half of what he did in Orlando. Then again, he won't see half the double and triple teams he saw in Orlando.

Comment

Another rumor out: Shaq to Dallas for Nowitzki, Nash (sign and trade), and some other player.

This would lead to having Payton probably traded and Fisher baiting the line to go to Houston if the T-Mac-Franchise deal goes through.

The question still lies in finding a back up PG in either case for the Lakers. If Fish stays, he starts with GP as the 1 & 2 with Kobe moving to the wing.

Either way, Shaq just finished building a new custom house in the hills...will he really leave it behind?

Comment

That's why they trade him to the Clippers. Getting Brand is one of the few scenarios I've heard about that I like. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this at this board but I've been a huge Shaq fan since he became a Laker and never really liked Kobe. In fact, I'd probably hate the guy if he wasn't a Laker. I'm obviously a Laker fan and not a Shaq fan but this entire thing is really weird for me. I'm scared my dislike for Kobe will make me a Clipper fan if Shaq is there.

Comment

I highly doubt Shaq will land in Clipperland. Talks are already burnt off with them. Good ole Don doesn't wanna spend and commit contracts to surround Shaq with players to make him a contender. He's making an extra 12-20 million a year just by losing every year, and frankly he's loving it. So i'd rule out that move.

Indiana sounds the best deal if it still includes, J O'Neal, Artest and Croshere.

But nothing beats giving the Big Baby his contract and continue the winning success in La La Land

Comment

I don't know if we'll get both Artest and Jermaine. It seems it's one or the other with someone like Harrington and a couple other contracts. That'd be a good deal if we could though. It's all speculation. We'll find out soon. Hopefully, Shaq realizes his best option is to stay.

Comment

Best bet in my eyes would be Shaq for Oneal, Croshere, harrington and bender. The dallas boys don't play D.

Comment

Any trade with Dallas, we're instantly the LA Mavericks with the style they play, not good. If there is to be any trade at all, Indiana is the best. No trade is the best trade (even if it means buying the biggest pacifier there is).

Comment

Working...
                    X