Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Banning Turks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banning Turks

Maybe if the admins or mods put a cap on the number of turk posters at a given moment, that would help.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Re: Armenian-Turkish Relations

Ban the turks! The forums absurdly lax policy on turkish posters needs to change. Let's put it to a vote, cause I am really tired of this sh*t.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Armanen,

I feel your pain. However, admin will not ban unless rules are broken. Therefore, one can spew Turkish propaganda here as long as they do it with "decorum"

With that said, I believe a new rule should be put forth.

That is, Genocide Denial is a bannable offense.

Tha would solve 90% of the infestation.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
        Armanen,

I feel your pain. However, admin will not ban unless rules are broken. Therefore, one can spew Turkish propaganda here as long as they do it with "decorum"

Tha would solve 90% of the infestation.
        Ok that would be a nice solution, and we can put that up for a vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
          Ban the turks! The forums absurdly lax policy on turkish posters needs to change. Let's put it to a vote, cause I am really tired of this sh*t.
          oh yes ban people b/c of their race, gee that's so .........

Aramanen, we don't agree on everything and we don't seem to like each other very much either, but i am going to give you what i believe to be some helpful advice. The first part is persistence, persistence, persistence, keep knocking at the door and eventually someone will answer(assuming someone's inside anyways). The second part is be patient, tolerant, and understanding. You can't just get frustrated and angry with people because they don't believe you or agree with you, because all you accomplish by that is putting them off more, by making them angry, which makes them forget any shred of belief they had in what you were saying. Do you think if Buddha, Jesus, Mohamed, etc. would have had any followers if they just walked up to people and after 5 min of discussion, started to get angry and yell at them why they are wrong? You know there is animosity on this issue, between Armenians and Turks, etc, so it should not surprise you that some Turkish posters are generally going to take a position opposite yours. It's okay to be persistent in your argument, but be paitient and keep your cool while doing so.

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post

That would solve 90% of the infestation.
          How then would you ever discuss the genocide with a Turk? they'd all end up banned which i get is your goal but, don't you think you should talk with Turks about it, otherwise how are you going ever get them to believe you?

Comment

Seriously man, how old are you? It seems you still need to eat a lot of bread and cheese before you come up to mine or Crusaders level.

Do you know how many times I and others have had these discussions with turks? They do not go anywhere, just look at Armenian's post where he shows the typical convo an Armenian and turk have concerning the Genocide.

As long as the official government policy of turkey is that Genocide didn't happen and as long as they indoctrinate their youth with these ideas things will not change.

Also, notice the difference between Armenian and turk nature. They, like the pests that they are will come to an Armenian forum and have the audacity to start a thread about the Genocide and deny it or use some bs about mutual destruction, etc. Do you think nearly as many Armenians go out of their way to find a turkish forum and start a thread on the AG?

Thanks for the advice, I understand what you are saying, but you MUST understand how 99% of the time a convo with a turk on the Genocide is unfruitful.

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
              How then would you ever discuss the genocide with a Turk? they'd all end up banned which i get is your goal but, don't you think you should talk with Turks about it, otherwise how are you going ever get them to believe you?
              Actually...no. But, feel free to bang your head agaist the wall if you wish.

Comment

Banning Turks

There will be no banning of anyone unless they break the rules. If a Turk comes here and spews hatred, they will not last very long. If they come here to question what we believe in and aren't trying to incite anything, that's not the same thing.

If I wanted to save time when talking to Turks about the genocide, I would do something to the effect of a macro that I would post each time that summarizes where a Turk is coming from and how hopeless it is for him to understand the Armenian stance. The user Armenian has already done this.

We don't have many Turks here that stay with us for long. The only reason they come here for is to poke at the genocide issue and once they get an their fill, they don't have any reason left to stay. Why should they talk about jokes and humour, or romance, or movies with Armenians if they would feel more comfortable doing so in a Turkish forum?

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I understand what you are saying, but you MUST understand how 99% of the time a convo with a turk on the Genocide is unfruitful.
                  Given the fact that there are Turks in Turkey, who speak about the genocide knowing full well of the consequences attests to the fact that if given time and spoken to/informed in the proper manner many Turks would come to realize the truth. The fact that you and others like crusader, would lose your cool and give up on it so easily, says that you don't really care because in you heart you don't really believe that you can ever convince them, which if true means then we've already lost, because the Turkish government will always have more money, more international support, etc, than us. And more people born every year who will be raised not knowing the truth. The only thing we can do is talk to as many people, including Turks, as we can and try to convince them to see the truth.

Do you know how many times I and others have had these discussions with turks?
                  If at first you don't succeed try again. If you can't convince one Turk, then the problem is with your method of discussion. Seriously, you really think it is that hard? Christians are converting Muslims. Muslims are converting Christians. That is hard. If that can be done, so can this

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                    There will be no banning of anyone unless they break the rules. If a Turk comes here and spews hatred, they will not last very long. If they come here to question what we believe in and aren't trying to incite anything, that's not the same thing.

If I wanted to save time when talking to Turks about the genocide, I would do something to the effect of a macro that I would post each time that summarizes where a Turk is coming from and how hopeless it is for him to understand the Armenian stance. The user Armenian has already done this.

We don't have many Turks here that stay with us for long. The only reason they come here for is to poke at the genocide issue and once they get an their fill, they don't have any reason left to stay. Why should they talk about jokes and humour, or romance, or movies with Armenians if they would feel more comfortable doing so in a Turkish forum?

What is the point of allowing them to deny the Genocide when it's the same bs over and over? Why is it so hard for you guys to understand the forum atmosphere drops each time some thread on the Genocide is opened by a turk or a turk comments on an already existing one. Why are you guys so lax on this issue?

Comment

Working...
                    X