Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Improving the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Improving the Forum

Originally posted by Federate View Post
    Forums in general are suffering because of social media alternatives such as FB where you can find forum-type posts/discussions as well as much more all under one website. With the exception of our NK military balance thread where it's very active, activity is down for us too. I don't know of any short-term solutions but maybe we can refer people to join this forum and post? New members bring in new interesting viewpoints often.

And please be nice to them and not chase them out because of disagreements
    Of course, I feel like it's new members, with random threads, that all of a sudden revitalise the forum for a few weeks. I can always refer people to join this forum, but I think revamping this forum would be a good option, there's many things that can be cleaned up. Unless we act now to breath new life into this forum, it may just go more down.

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
    I'm sure you can always pm Nimda or Siggie with your suggestions
    Does Nimda ever come here? He's the owner, correct? I emailed Siggie one suggestion I had, of course, I think we need a much more vigorous program of revitalisation
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Bell, I can't really talk to myself, but I am here nearly every day. It's not purely coincidental that nobody here has seen any spam in months.

Mos - What is it that you want to communicate to Nimda? He's around, but sporadically. If you have something you'd like me to forward, I can do that. But your suggestion is within my "ability" to address and I simply asked you to help me out with some research.

Post new topics that you all think are interesting or will draw discussion. If you want to talk about something and no one's brought it up, you bring it up.
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
        The above faulty English has accidentally said far more than if the words had conveyed what the poster intended (I'm assuming gegev wanted to say "Federate is the only person active as a moderator on this website, the site needs more people to be vibrant").

There are damned few "attractive souls" on this website, and too many souless bigots who have never had an original thought in their life but are expert at copypasting. Until there are many more people with "souls" here, bringing individuality and original content, this website will remain half-dead.
        What are doing here with Armenians? Your polished English could be damaged! Is it the only thing you know? Can you put down several joined Armenian words to prove that you able to learn any other language? This website is half-dead because people are reluctant to "talk" to cats with psychic disorders.

If you are a co-owner of this site; I strongly recommend banning yourself to increase profits.
        Last edited by gegev; 09-18-2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
          Mos - What is it that you want to communicate to Nimda? He's around, but sporadically. If you have something you'd like me to forward, I can do that. But your suggestion is within my "ability" to address and I simply asked you to help me out with some research.

Post new topics that you all think are interesting or will draw discussion. If you want to talk about something and no one's brought it up, you bring it up.
          You have the power to rearrange/merge forum sections?

I was thinking to propose to Nimda a way to revitalise the forum. Merge some forum sections, take out old threads, maybe a slightly new design. I also was considering how to get Armenians from other social networks to join here.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
            You have the power to rearrange/merge forum sections?

I was thinking to propose to Nimda a way to revitalise the forum. Merge some forum sections, take out old threads, maybe a slightly new design. I also was considering how to get Armenians from other social networks to join here.
            PM me whatever it is you're proposing. I'm not deleting threads unless they're garbage (i.e., about Kim K. or something equally stupid).
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

At this moment Forum view says:

Currently Active Users
              There are currently 215 users online. 1 members and 214 guests

And when I sum up the number of viewers in each section it makes: 54

By the way for the last several days the number has sharply increased about 4 times compared with the past period.

How do you do the math.???
              Last edited by gegev; 09-22-2012, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
                What are doing here with Armenians? Your polished English could be damaged! Is it the only thing you know? Can you put down several joined Armenian words to prove that you able to learn any other language? This website is half-dead because people are reluctant to "talk" to cats with psychic disorders.

If you are a co-owner of this site; I strongly recommend banning yourself to increase profits.
                The above poster is a perfect example of the many "unattractive souls" on this forum.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
                  PM me whatever it is you're proposing. I'm not deleting threads unless they're garbage (i.e., about Kim K. or something equally stupid).
                  The damned place doesn't even have a front door! http://www.hyeclub.com/forum/
                  Last edited by bell-the-cat; 09-22-2012, 04:01 PM.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

I know, Bell. The branding part and the main site, I don't really know much about. If Nimda has plans for the main site or rebranding/changing the appearance of this forum, I am not aware of them.

I agree it's something that should be given some thought.

What do you all think? Should the forum be the main site? If not, what should form the content of the main site? We're more likely to get the changes we desire if we're thoughtful and specific about our suggestions. Let's try to work it out so I can take something more "developed" to Nimda.

Comment

This forum has been in decline for a while now. It's the same at that other forum (no, not ArmenianPlanet). Is it because of Facebook and social media sites? Too many people being banned/purged? Unpleasant members scaring people off?

Comment

Working...
                      X