Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
    i just saw an azeri talking on an Armenian TV channel. he was drinking tea, talking about how bad azerbaijan was. he said how he had land but no water, he asked the govt for help but they ignored him so he came to Armenia. he said he knows Armenians will not give him any problems and will help him. azeris just came out saying hes a hostage taken by Armenians and forced to say those things

Azerbaijani hostage on Armenian television

[ 19 Jan 2010 02:57 ]

Baku. Ayaz Abdulla – APA. Azerbaijani hostage Eldar Taghiyev, taken by Armenian servicemen, has been enforced to appear on Public Television of Armenia. APA reports quoting “Novosti Armenia”. The Azerbaijani hostage said that he doesn’t have any intentions to come back to Azerbaijan. If the Armenian authorities forbid him to stay at Armenia then he’ll leave for third country” – he added. He messaged that he would be back to his family.
    E. Taghiyev also talked about his unemployment, poor life in the village, and absence of the water sources for organizing a farm.
    Eldar Taghiyev also noted that the main water sources of his native Alibeyli village, Tovuz district, exceeded from Armenia, however, with the beginning of the war water flow stopped.
    We note that on December 28, 2009, at 18:00, as a result of ceasefire violation by Armenian armed forces, the local resident Eldar Taghiyev was fired near the contact line in the direction of the Alibeyli village of Tovuz. Later, he was taken captive.
    Ohhh, now it makes sense why the Azeries published the news about the Armenian crossing to Nakhichevan.

Comment

About three days ago, Turkey's "Today's Zaman" newspaper published an article on a Turkish-Armenian anchorwoman who had gotten a job to broadcast the news in Armenian in Turkey on a local channel called SU TV. The article praised the 'initiative' and quoted the woman allegedly praising the government and then talking about her experiences in Yerevan, where she was allegedly treated as a stranger and what not.

Two days ago, I tracked the woman down, contacted her via email and told her if she had read the article (I linked her to Hetq's reprint of the original Zaman article). What I found out was quite honestly not so shocking. In her first reply to me, she called the article 'unfortunate' and said that she was misquoted and 3/4 of the article and the things 'she' said was false. After exchanging a few emails, she told me that Zaman wanted to make her seem like she was very proud of the Turkish government and that unlike the Armenian government, the Turkish one had no problems. In reality, she had said that both governments have their own problems. Another gross lie was the bit where 'she' claims that Armenians in Yerevan treated her as a foreigner when she studied there. In reality, she told me that she loved everything about Yerevan, learned how to be more Armenian and that she has plenty of friends in Yerevan but of course, Zaman omitted this.

All in all, she said she was very sad of the report to the point that it was hard to get some shut-eye. She contacted Zaman and they offered their apology and told her to re-take the interview which she refused out of fear of the government i'm assuming (she told me she didn't want more problems). She has also apparently given an interview on Marmara (Turkish-Armenian paper) where she refutes the article like she did in her email exchange with me.

I wanted to post about this to show readers that it is not only Azerbaijan that wages an information war against us but Turkey as well, with Turkey being much more cunning. Read anything that comes out of Turkey and Azerbaijan with great skepticism as I did. I will post the original article below.

--------------------------------------------------------

Initiative encourages Armenian-speaking anchorwoman

Melisa Boz is a 25-year-old Turkish-Armenian. What brings her into the media spotlight is the fact that she is doing something no one else has done -- until now. Boz presents news in Armenian on SU TV, known by many as an “Alevi channel.”

The young woman, who received threats before the television program began airing, said she gets her courage from the government and the democratic initiative process. “At the time of earlier governments, I would not have dared do something like this. But I trust the government now,” she said.

In her program, Boz presents news not only on Turkey but also news that concerns Armenia and Turkish-Armenians. “If I can contribute to peace between the two countries, I will be very happy,” she says. Boz, who was the interpreter for the Armenian national soccer team at last year’s Turkey-Armenia soccer game in Bursa, said the Armenian players liked Turkey very much.

Police officers responsible for providing security to the team were very kind, Boz said. “The police officers became friends with the players and the delegation and even played backgammon together with them. The police officers acted like a part of the initiative and represented our country very well. I was very proud of my country that day.” After she was chosen from a pool of applicants to become an anchorwoman, her family started to receive threats, she said. “My family was concerned because their daughter was in the public eye, but I was not afraid at all. If it is brave to go on television, then yes, I am brave. But I would not want to commit an injustice to any of the many older people that have struggled on this road. The Agos daily has been publishing in Armenian for years and we lost an important person, Hrant Dink, on this road. I get my courage from them. I think I finally trust my government,” Boz said.

Boz, whose family is from Sivas, went to Yerevan to attend university after graduating from high school. While there, she majored in English language and literature. The young woman also said she was excluded and made to feel like a foreigner during her five years in Yerevan, noting that she was different in the way she dressed, styled her hair and talked. She explained that she always defended Turkey in Yerevan and added: “Some Armenians didn’t think Turkey was a developed country and considered it backward. They always asked me questions about Turkey. At first they would get mad at me because I always defended Turkey, but as they got to know me, their views about Turkey changed.”

While Boz has not experienced any major form of discrimination in Turkey over her ethnicity, she has encountered some upsetting attitudes. “For example,” she says, “if a Turk says, ‘I am sick and tired of this city’ when getting off a crowded bus after being stuck in traffic for several hours, no one gets mad or says anything to that person. But when I say it, they tell me, ‘If you don’t like it, go somewhere else.’ This offends me because this is my country, too. Where else am I to go?”

Noting that her parents never told her even a single negative story about problems between Turkey and Armenia, Boz explained that her father always says that “a child should not be brought up with enmity and hatred. This is not healthy.” Proud of her Armenian identity, Boz said she takes her mother’s advice on being proud of who she is. Boz’s mother tells her to “never hide the fact that you’re Armenian. A person who likes others will have developed an affinity toward Armenians.”

Recalling that her mother could not dare listen to Armenian music 20 years ago, Boz said she believes they can live more freely today. The democratic initiative plays a major role in the expansion of freedoms, she said, adding that both SU TV and she have the courage to present news in Armenian as a result of the initiative. The young woman, who presents news every day between 8:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m, prepares the program herself.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Ugh! It's not even that they omitted things and took her statements out of context. They flat out changed what she said. Tsk tsk...

Great post Fed. Still in semi-disbelief that you tracked her down =o*
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
        -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks Federate jan, good post.

That's very good to know because I also read the article from Hetq and became skeptical about it, to me it seemed like it had gone through some 'editing'.

I agree with you, everything coming from either Turkey or Azerbaijan should be seen not only with skepticism, but with a critical eye and some maliciousness, if you know what I mean, because you can be reading through subliminal messages and indirect statements aimed to hurt and not even noticing.

Comment

everything coming from either Turkey or Azerbaijan should be seen not only with skepticism, but with a critical eye and some maliciousness

You can add USA to that list to.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Man that is good work Federate........We should all learn to stay on our feet like that.

Originally posted by Federate View Post
              I wanted to post about this to show readers that it is not only Azerbaijan that wages an information war against us but Turkey as well, with Turkey being much more cunning.
              To say the least............they also unite like a pack of wolfs.
              I think they cause more damage than Azerbaijan because they have more "credibility" and media exposure. However they do have a lot of weaknesses and nobody can bring those out more than an Armenian for some reason.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Azeris lie brazenly: Director of Center for Caucasus Studies
                17:19 / 01/19/2010

Pan-Turkism ideology advocated by Caucasian Tatars — thereafter called Azerbaijanians brought about Armenian massacres, Director of the Center for Caucasus Studies at MGIMO Vladimir Zakharov said, speaking at the Jan. 19 seminar dedicated to 20th anniversary of massacres in Baku.

According to him, though Bolshevik Party banned activities of all nationalist groups, nationalism has always existed in Azerbaijan. Moreover, hatred against Armenians passed on from generation to generation and in present Azerbaijan the image of Armenian as an enemy is created at the national level.

Speaking of the Soviet leadership stance in the first years of Karabakh conflict, Zakharov stated that Mikhail Gorbachev was handling a complex problem of the Soviet Union collapse. As a result he adopted a wait-and-see attitude advantageous to Azerbaijani side.

The expert also pointed out the weaknesses of Armenian authorities in conveying the truth of Karabakh conflict to international community. Zakharov emphasized that counteraction policy against Azerbaijan’s misinformation should be carried out at the state level. In particular, a special fund should be created to translate the appropriate literature into foreign languages.

A.G.

at least we're not the only ones who know azeris and turks are bullxxxxters.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                  Man that is good work Federate........We should all learn to stay on our feet like that.

Yes indeed ....

I wonder why Onnik Krikorian did not do that much knowing the source of his story before putting it on his web site.

After all he is supposed to be a professional journalist and not just a spokesman for the Turks.
                  Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Onnik Krikorian is not an Armenian. His job is to make articles who eventually are all anti-Armenian, to misinform the Armenian people and to brake their morale, as to say we are poor, racist, anti-Semetic, and even stating that the Armenian genocide and the status quo in this region is the fault of Armenian patriots.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      You can add USA to that list to.
                      Totally agreed.

Czech Magazine Depicts Nagorno-Karabakh as Armenian Territory: Azerbaijan Complains
                      11:02 • 20.01.10

Azerbaijan’s International Diaspora Center has issued a complaint to the Czech Embassy, in connection with a piece in Czech monthly Cedor where Nagorno-Karabakh is shown to be part of Armenian territory, report Azerbaijani news sources Day.Az and APA.

The head of the International Diaspora Center, Ismayil Aghayev has sent a statement of protest to a number of organizations, as well as the Czech Embassy in Azerbaijan.

The statement read: “The action against Azerbaijan and its territorial integrity is unacceptable. Nagorno- Karabakh is the territory of Azerbaijan and it must be shown as our land, but not Armenian, in the maps and they have to apologize to the people and government of Azerbaijan,” reports APA.

Armenian news, recent news from Armenia, Armenian news, Republic of Armenia, Armenia, Armenian, Armenians, news, Artsakh, Karabakh, Nagorno-Karabakh, Yerevan, Caucasus, Transcaucasus, Azerbaijan, Baku, Georgia, Tbilisi, power, opposition, Armenian Genocide, Diaspora, Transcaucasian, Armenian Diaspora, Armenian community, Turkey, Armenian-American, American-Armenian, president, Europe
                      The world knows very well Nagorno-Karabakh is not part of Azerbaijan, it can be inside their 'internationally recognized borders' and be 'de jure' part of it, but that territory is independent and sharing a long history, culture, morals and values with Armenia, hence it is considered as part of the Armenian people's state as a whole.

As time passed, more and more international media present this truth, and of course the Azeries are going to keep complaining and winning and sending letters and threatening to damage the bilateral relationships and everything they want. They can hide and distort the truth in Azerbaijan and Turkey, but they can't do such thing in the world media, at least not in all, because sooner or later, the truth shines glorious over any of those manufactured lies.

Comment

Working...
                      X