Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Can Turkey Learn Tolerance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Can Turkey Learn Tolerance?

Originally posted by Saco View Post
    I agree with you in certain respects but don't agree with this ...

Although ALL Armenians haven't had experience with Turks, they have had lot's of experience with what they've done if you get my drift ... for almost a hundred years. Till today, Turkey continues it's BS and it's not like Diasporans all over the world are blindly hating Turks. Some just have a hard time believing that there are good people in Turkey as well which is your nations fault alone, not ours.

In the long run, I'd like you to remember that ALL Diasporans don't hate ALL Turks. Many Turks actually believe we're all racists, lol. Maybe they should look at themselves in the mirror.

There are many that do ... your looking at one!
    Of course saco. I have nothing against you, or most of the old forum members. I believe your intentions are for peace and are very genuine. I have repeatedly pointed out the racism of Turks in previous posts.

Comment

Originally posted by egeli View Post
      this is exactly what i mean. why do you refer to me only as a Turk? You say so in a very condescending way. It is blatantly racist. Am I fitting your caricature Eddo? Does me being a Turk preclude me to act a certain way?

Do I call you an Armenian in an insulting way? No, and I never, ever will.
      This is interesting that you would think that me calling you a Turk is blatantly racist…….condescending maybe, but racist? This talks volumes of the struggle within you. I think I like you Turk.

You know egeli, if it was you who told me ….I suggest you say nothing Armenian….. I would have never thought of racism, in fact glade that you called me an Armenian, but not so glad that you told me to be quite.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

You are racist and we are guilty? Eh, I think you had a problem there.
        We aren't Racist ... we are angry, we are going through a lot of pain, but we aren't racist. There are such people as well but it's still your nations fault. If the AG didn't take place, those racists wouldn't exist today. Your nation on the other hand has more racists then people!

If They dont enter armenian forums many Turks believe you are racists. If They enter armenians forum, They know you are racists.
        Maybe that's why some of the best friends I've had were Turks that I met in these forums. Your full, Pal, and I suggest you review what your saying. Not everyone is racist, not everyone hates ALL Turks, etc.

Of course saco. I have nothing against you, or most of the old forum members. I believe your intentions are for peace and are very genuine. I have repeatedly pointed out the racism of Turks in previous posts.
        Well I'm glad you don't roam around like some of the other Turks here. We may not agree with you in many respects but I believe you've taken the right approach and we may be able to actually have a proper conversation with you.

Now could you please tell us your views in one or two paragraphs so we can understand what your saying? Take your time but give us a couple of good paragraphs. Then we'll talk.
        THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          This is interesting that you would think that me calling you a Turk is blatantly racist…….condescending maybe, but racist? This talks volumes of the struggle within you. I think I like you Turk.

You know egeli, if it was you who told me ….I suggest you say nothing Armenian….. I would have never thought of racism, in fact glade that you called me an Armenian, but not so glad that you told me to be quite.
          I'm very fine with being called/identified as a Turk, just not by you, cause you seem to equate "Turk" with barbarianism. From your previous posts you express that Turks are inherently barbaric, which is flat out racist.

Comment

I'm very fine with being called/identified as a Turk, just not by you, cause you seem to equate "Turk" with barbarianism. From your previous posts you express that Turks are inherently barbaric, which is flat out racist.
            Not really, its a statement of historical fact. Armenia is a far more ancient civilization than that of the Turks. Reason Turkish people are equated as being barbarous is because of the Armenian Genocide, holy wars, and numerous other events that have given them that reputation. Turks will stop being equated as being barbarous when they start acknowledging the truth of the past aka Armenian genocide, and start making a better country built on tolerance, democracy, freedom of speech and respect...not that I see that happening any time soon.
            Last edited by hipeter924; 06-09-2009, 02:44 AM.

Comment

From your previous posts you express that Turks are inherently barbaric, which is flat out racist.
              Well that what history teaches us... That is just a pure historical fact. No racism involved there...

Comment

My avatar is of the aegean sea.
                Aegean is not a sea its Greek lake.

Comment

Not really, its a statement of historical fact. Armenia is a far more ancient civilization than that of the Turks. Reason Turkish people are equated as being barbarous is because of the Armenian Genocide, holy wars, and numerous other events that have given them that reputation. Turks will stop being equated as being barbarous when they start acknowledging the truth of the past aka Armenian genocide
                  What about Turkish individuals? If they've moved on I don't think we should call them TURK'S. I don't consider them as barbaric or something like that. At first, when we don't know who a Turk is or how he/she thinks, naturally, we won't and SHOULD NOT let our guard down but after we realize he/she/they have moved on, I don't think we have the right to disrespect them that way. It really is very racist. Just my opinion, don't mean to offend anyone.

Regarding Eddo or anyone else using the word TURK, I don't think we always say that in a disrespectful way or something. Turks are Turks and we call them Turks. I don't think many here ALWAYS use the word in a offending way unless of course the Turk in question deserves it and is racist or a very avid denier and/or offender. In that case that TURK should find a little hole to hide in because we aren't going to take his/her xxxx lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
                    What about Turkish individuals? If they've moved on I don't think we should call them TURK'S. I don't consider them as barbaric or something like that. At first, when we don't know who a Turk is or how he/she thinks, naturally, we won't and SHOULD NOT let our guard down but after we realize he/she/they have moved on, I don't think we have the right to disrespect them that way. It really is very racist. Just my opinion, don't mean to offend anyone.

Regarding Eddo or anyone else using the word TURK, I don't think we always say that in a disrespectful way or something. Turks are Turks and we call them Turks. I don't think many here ALWAYS use the word in a offending way unless of course the Turk in question deserves it and is racist or a very avid denier and/or offender. In that case that TURK should find a little hole to hide in because we aren't going to take his/her xxxx lightly.
                    Its called Turkey though. I am sure Turkish people even if Turkey recognises the Genocide and becomes a respectful, tolerant and democratic country that people will still want to call themselves Turks...but rather instead of it being a race...it will refer instead to all citizens of that country, like Americans for example call themselves Americans even though it is clear there are several different ethnic groups.
                    Last edited by hipeter924; 06-10-2009, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Its called Turkey though. I am sure Turkish people even if Turkey recognises the Genocide and becomes a respectful, tolerant and democratic country that people will still want to call themselves Turks...but rather instead of it being a race...it will refer instead to all citizens of that country.
                      Let them call themselves Turks. I am ARMENIAN, speak Armenian, live in Armenia, both my parents are Hayastanci's, etc. Do I not have the right to call myself Armenian? Why should I NOT want to call myself who/what I am? Whoever isn't an Armenian won't be called an Armenian. I hate the American way of life. Whoever goes there becomes an AMERICAN once he/she gets a greencard or something. I always look at that country as a place where people go to forget who they are!

Anyways, I think it's OK if Turks want to call themselves Turks! What's wrong with that? In my opinion, what truly is wrong is being racist when talking to a Turk that supports the AG, etc. There are people that I've met that were just like that and all I can say is that their hate and anger was controlling them when it's supposed to be the other way around. (I'm not talking about anyone in this thread)

Comment

Working...
                      X