Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Can Turkey Learn Tolerance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Can Turkey Learn Tolerance?

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
    Epic Fail. If we had to visit every country to make an opinion. You would have no right to discuss democracy till you visited Greece, no right to discuss the Armenian Genocide without visiting Armenia, and no right to discuss an American movie because you are not from America. That argument is simply retarded. I read up on the Armenian Genocide (from books written by French, Armenians and so forth) and believe it happened. I don't need to be told I have to visit Armenia or Turkey to find out what I already know happened.

Go back to school. They should have taught you there that you can find out the truth through reading books from people that actually live there...you don't need to visit their countries.
    I'm not denying the Armenian Genocide. I never said that one must visit a country to make a rational argument, i only suggested it as a way to personally meet Turks. All I am saying is that personal contact with Turks would lessen the caricature of Turks many diaspora Armenians are fed to since birth.

The genocide created the diaspora. Also, the diaspora were the main sufferers of the genocide. So its only natural that the diaspora descendants demonize Turks from their perspective. This demonization however is an artificial construction that is not rooted in PERSONAL experience with Turks, just on historical grievances, which as time passes by can be more and more distorted to fit the caricature.

Turks are also guilty of this, probably on a much more massive scale, as the whole country and its very foundation is based on collective amnesia.

Personal contact with Turks and Armenians is the only way to by pass stereotypes and caricatures, and is the only hope for reconciliation. But then again, you (and many other members of hyeclub) may not want peace between Turks and Armenians. If that is the case, tell me now.
    Last edited by egeli; 06-07-2009, 07:22 AM.

Comment

The genocide created the diaspora. Also, the diaspora were the main sufferers of the genocide. So its only natural that the diaspora descendants demonize Turks from their perspective. This demonization however is an artificial construction that is not rooted in PERSONAL experience with Turks, just on historical grievances, which as time passes by can be more and more distorted to fit the caricature.
      I agree with you in certain respects but don't agree with this ...

This demonization however is an artificial construction that is not rooted in PERSONAL experience with Turks
      Although ALL Armenians haven't had experience with Turks, they have had lot's of experience with what they've done if you get my drift ... for almost a hundred years. Till today, Turkey continues it's BS and it's not like Diasporans all over the world are blindly hating Turks. Some just have a hard time believing that there are good people in Turkey as well which is your nations fault alone, not ours.

In the long run, I'd like you to remember that ALL Diasporans don't hate ALL Turks. Many Turks actually believe we're all racists, lol. Maybe they should look at themselves in the mirror.

Personal contact with Turks and Armenians is the only way to by pass stereotypes and caricatures, and is the only hope for reconciliation. But then again, you (and many other members of hyeclub) may not want peace between Turks and Armenians. If that is the case, tell me now.
      There are many that do ... your looking at one!
      THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post

In the long run, I'd like you to remember that ALL Diasporans don't hate ALL Turks. Many Turks actually believe we're all racists, lol.
        I don't see how they can believe we're all racist.... if they look through you tube, they would clearly see that we're either african american or latino wannabe's with a fetish for BMW's
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Some just have a hard time believing that there are good people in Turkey as well which is your nations fault alone, not ours.
          You are racist and we are guilty? Eh, I think you had a problem there.

In the long run, I'd like you to remember that ALL Diasporans don't hate ALL Turks. Many Turks actually believe we're all racists, lol.
          If They dont enter armenian forums many Turks believe you are racists. If They enter armenians forum, They know you are racists.

Comment

Originally posted by egeli View Post
            Your response had nothing to do with my post, so my response will have nothing to do with yours.

This is an assumption, but i feel you have very little knowledge or familarity with Turkey's domestic politics. Everything you know about Turks is from an impersonal distance. Your entire view of Turks is a construction born out of your Glendale roots.

It reminds me of the constructed view many Turks have of Armenians. Too many Turkish people associate Armenians only with the atrocious murdering your Californian kin openly supported, and in some cases participated in, of Turkish diplomats.

The most rational members of this forum have some personal contact/experience with Turks. I suggest you visit the country.
            Hey, I just gave you the facts………..those were not my writings, it is the EU.

Glendale roots?? I don’t think you know what roots are.

If I ever set foot in Turkey it would be as a liberator of those lands………………….and you know nothing about who I am so keep your personnel comments to yourself and try to engage professionally, if not then I suggest you say nothing Turk.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra View Post
              You are racist and we are guilty? Eh, I think you had a problem there.
              Racist? Turk is talking about racism? No we are not racists... we are SPECIESTs... turks are not a race (race is for humans) they are another species.....
              Last edited by Mukuch; 06-08-2009, 02:23 PM.

Comment

whay this egeli turk has greece as his avatar?
                What do u wont to tell to armenians about tolerance and turks?
                Turks at this stage has not learn tolerance they learned to calculate others powers so they don't fail in there attacks but in right time they do the right steps for it(Cyprus,Recent Iraq atc).

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra View Post
                  If They dont enter armenian forums many Turks believe you are racists. If They enter armenians forum, They know you are racists.
                  That doesn't make sense. How does entering a forum or refusing to enter a forum make you any more or less racist?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                    Hey, I just gave you the facts………..those were not my writings, it is the EU.

Glendale roots?? I don’t think you know what roots are.

If I ever set foot in Turkey it would be as a liberator of those lands………………….and you know nothing about who I am so keep your personnel comments to yourself and try to engage professionally, if not then I suggest you say nothing Turk.
                    this is exactly what i mean. why do you refer to me only as a Turk? You say so in a very condescending way. It is blatantly racist. Am I fitting your caricature Eddo? Does me being a Turk preclude me to act a certain way?

Do I call you an Armenian in an insulting way? No, and I never, ever will.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
                      whay this egeli turk has greece as his avatar?
                      What do u wont to tell to armenians about tolerance and turks?
                      Turks at this stage has not learn tolerance they learned to calculate others powers so they don't fail in there attacks but in right time they do the right steps for it(Cyprus,Recent Iraq atc).
                      My avatar is of the aegean sea.

Comment

Working...
                      X