Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Genealogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenian Genealogy

Hi,

Anybody here intersetd in Armenian Genealogy. I have been doing lots of research on this subject. Lets chat.

Thank you
    Last edited by Guest; 05-03-2008, 12:31 PM.

Re: Armenian Genealogy

I too have been researching Armenian genealogy. For 35 years. I have located 99% of more than 150 immigrants in my family, including census records and creating 10 family trees tracing ancestral names back as far as 1756.

What have you found in the way of resources? I'd be interested in knowing?

Alan

Comment

How does one go about starting such an endeavor?
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Didn't the Turks destroy most records of Armenians during the Genocide? I only know up until my great-grandparents.

Comment

Originally posted by MyTerrain
          John, how pure is our race I mean how many percent of our blood is Armenian?
          Has there ever been a genetic study in Armenia to determine the percentage of our genes? I know there were a few Armenians who married azzies during Soviet years but thankfully those people don't live in Armenia anymore so they can't pollute our nation.
          Thank you.
          There is no "pure." However, differences are in degrees, not kinds.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by MyTerrain
            John, how pure is our race I mean how many percent of our blood is Armenian?
            It will entirely depend on where you want to draw the boundaries of our 'race' around the world. I don't just mean geographically.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
              How does one go about starting such an endeavor?

I began by sitting with my maternal grandmother and asking her specific questions about ancestors, beginning with names, then spouses, then ages, then children and so on. Peeling onions is easier. But it's a passion and a hobby. A few of things I discovered along the way:

My paternal grandfather was of of the first 527 Armenians to come to America between 1618-2/24/1885.

He was the 6th Armenian to become a photo engraver in America.

He was the first person with the name of Ouzoonian to come to America.

These point to a most interesting and proud family history.

Oh yeah, one more interesting fact: Based on my extensive research my family is the oldest Armenian family in America involved in the art of photography spanning 5 generations and every known aspect of the art, from building, designing, engineering and family preservation.

My father alone, spent 79 years photographing.

Anyway, that's how it all began, one piece of paper with 23 names, ended up with 10 family trees and every known cousin and spouse totaling over 2,000 people.

Alan

Comment

My name is Alan Ouzoonian, an experienced research genealogist on Armenian Immigration to the U.S. , spending more than 35 years in the field tracing many Armenians on their journey to America.

I'm writing this to let everyone know that I am available to research your family's genealogy and would like to bring my 98% success rate to you at a very reasonable cost.

Below you'll find an outline of categories of research I do and a brief overview of my accomplishments.

THE ARMENIAN GENEALOGIST

MOST EXPERIENCED ARMENIAN GENEALOGIST IN AMERICA

Four decades of successful research on:

U.S. Armenian Immigration, from 1618-1959

U.S. Census

Dating of ancestors who did not immigrate (within 2 years)

Photographic dating (within 2 years)

Ancestral family tree chart design (up to 40"X36")

Armenian name translations-first and last

Research Fees: $25.00/HOUR

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Traced and recorded many histories and family trees

98% success rate on locating immigrant arrivals

Identified and dated over 100 old photographs

Unique creation of family trees for easy presentation

The oldest continuing Armenian family in photography-121 years

CALL FOR A FREE QUOTE

Alan Ouzoonian
                626-451-0947 business
                626-278-3879 cell