Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Persian Campaign, 1914-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Persian Campaign, 1914-18

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    If you mean on a national level (as opposed to some groups of ethnic Turkish or Kurdish inhabitants of Persia) what reference do you have that says Persians were fighting against Russians and Armenians?

I have already mentioned this area of history in another thread, as a response to a post by Persepolis. http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread....l=1#post313598
    The First World War, leading to the overthrow of the Qajar regime and replacement by Reza Shah, was pivotal in the history of modern Iran. The Constitutional Revolution of 1906-09 aimed to abolish the arbitrary regime and bring in a modern constitution and parliament. But growing provincial unrest and rebellion by nomadic peoples brought chaos and instability, heightened by the strains of war and intervention by foreign powers. Iran was on the brink of disintegration, modernisation had failed, and growing frustration and pressure from the disillusioned middle classes, intelligentsia and urban population, set the stage for centralisation of power under the `Man of Order' - Reza Shah.

As I said my post was a question - I know Persians weren't fighting against Armenians directly, I was just asking about their involvement during WWI.

and you shouldn't be talking when it comes to being a loud mouth - your level of anti-Armenian propaganda here is biblical.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      http://books.google.com/books?id=M3a...page&q&f=false

As I said my post was a question - I know Persians weren't fighting against Armenians directly, I was just asking about their involvement during WWI.
      Your original words:
      ...which involved Persians, Germans, and Turks fighting against Russians, Armenians...
      So you were loud then, but have got quieter now (after I challenged you - and I will continue to challenge you and your cronies).
      I know Persians weren't fighting against Armenians directly
      I don't see much on topic in the book you cite. And all I see in chapter 3 is the usual Islamist apologist propaganda (though I doubt that you would have the insight to see it as such).

For example, page 34: "In December 1914 a Russian advance towards Erzurum was countered". A complete lie - there was no such advance! This is standard Turkish propaganda, intended to portray the Ottoman empire as a victim. "At the battle of Sarikamish...." - not a mention that this was a "Turkish advance" into Russian territory, again it is written in a way intended to depict the Ottoman empire as a victim of aggression, rather than being the aggressor. And then it says that after the Sarikamish defeat "The Ottomans decided to reinforce their southern borders and transferred a major portion of their forces to Tabriz on January 14th". I thought that propaganda was at least meant to be passibly believable! This text is actually implying that the invasion of Iran was a result of the Sarikikamish defeat - I suppose it thinks its readers too stupid to question how less than a week after a major defeat Turkey was able to reorganise its almost obliterated army and change direction. This January 1915 invasion of Persia was actually by forces not involved at Sarikamish and was done to reinforce captured Tabriz which had already been occupied by Turkish and Kurdish irregular forces. "The Russian troops avoided confrontation with the Ottomans in Tabriz and evacuated the city". A complete lie! There were no Russian troops to withdraw, they had all been withdrawn in December 1914. Page 35 isn't shown, but I'd be surprised, given the content of page 34, if it mentions anything about the massacres committed against the Christian populations of the Tabriz and Urmia regions.
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 05-01-2011, 06:40 PM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
        Asking me for a source on a thing which I did not claim, well that's something new.
        I didn't ask you for a source, Mukuch did, in response to your trolling!
        But, just as I had predicted, all we hear from Tigranakert is his obnoxious loud mouth - and no sources!
        Last edited by bell-the-cat; 05-01-2011, 06:32 PM.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
          ...I'd be surprised, given the content of page 34, if it mentions anything about the massacres committed against the Christian populations of the Tabriz and Urmia regions.

April 24, 2011
          PanARMENIAN.Net -

From Simon Sako Simonian, an Armenian man, on behalf of his father,
          Nerses, and grandparents, Johnny and Golanbar:
          "My Grandfather, Johnny, and my Grandmother, Golanbar, lived in Orumieh, a city in Iran close
          to the Turkish border. They had been blessed with four children (one
          of them named Nerses, my Father). My Grandfather was a well-educated
          and knowledgeable person. He was fluent in more than 12 languages, as
          well as one of the few people at that time who was able to properly
          and accurately translate and describe the Bible. He was a respected
          man - a religious man devoted to God. He was so highly respected that
          whenever the Consul of the U.S. would go there, he would always
          request to meet with my Grandfather.

During the Armenian Genocide, the Shah (King) of Iran was a very weak
          person; therefore the Turks were able to enter Iran and do the mass
          killing and elimination of Armenians and Christians in that area.

One day, during the dark years of the Armenian Genocide, a group of
          Turkish soldiers knocked my Grandfather's door. One of the Turkish
          soldiers told my Grandfather that they were going to kill him and that
          he should speak now or never if he had any requests. My Grandfather
          said that his only wish is for them to let him pray just one more
          time. He was allowed to step forward to the courtyard for his prayer.
          As soon as he raised his hands towards the sky to God to start his
          prayer, he was shot and killed from behind.

He was shot and killed from behind, without a single word of prayer
          being spoken from his lips. They also killed my Grandmother.

The four children, one of them being Nerses, were hiding. When this
          occurred, they fled out and joined the crowd in the street running
          away as fast as they could. All four children ranged anywhere from 10
          to 16 years old. During this time, my father, Nerses, caught a severe
          cold since he was out in the cold for 20 to 25 days. Orumieh is cold,
          especially during the time of this occurrence. However, my father was
          soon taken in and cared for by the Presbyterian Church in Iran, where
          he was cared for a few years.

Sadly, he was still not feeling well, and soon developed a kidney
          malfunction. In 1929, regardless of his fragile state, he married
          Sophia, the love of his life in Masjed Suleiman, which is a city
          located in the southwest region of Iran.

My father passed away at the young age of 38, when I was only two
          years old. He left behind his written testimony - his terrifying and
          heartbreaking memories of the Armenian Genocide. This is why I can
          share all this with you today."
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
          X