Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

History of Indo-European Languages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's races are as follows (the categories that is don't argue with me argue with anthropology experts):

1) White (Caucasian)
    2) Black
    3) Yellow (middle east and asia)
    4) Red (Native Americans)
    5) Brown (present day "latinos")

Armenians fall under WHITE and I do not see why you are trying to refute that.
    When the World Wide Web was born, things were quite simple. The internet supported just one device (the PC) and the browsers available were too primitive for me.

Comment

• Again, you are calling me a dupe for no reason. You are upset because when I used the word "race" I was not using it with the definition you like the most. Phuck off.

Comment

• Originally posted by dusken
        Again, you are calling me a dupe for no reason. You are upset because when I used the word "race" I was not using it with the definition you like the most. Phuck off.

I like accuracy therefore no I disliked the way you distorted the definition.
        Here is the only way I can sum this up in a nutshell for you:

Around the year 2000 BC, originating in the Caucasus, a sun worshipping Indo-European tribe calling themselves Aryans, using a language known as Sanskrit, invaded central Asia and occupied territory as far as the north of India. These invaders were what became known as the original Aryans.

In fact, all of those countries spanning their age of conquest bear names directly related to them - India, Iran, Iraq are all corruptions of the original word "Aryan". (Far off distant racial cousins of the Aryans went west, penetrating as far as Ireland, giving the name "Eire" to that land - also a derivative of the word Aryan).
        Is that clear? Thank you good bye.
        When the World Wide Web was born, things were quite simple. The internet supported just one device (the PC) and the browsers available were too primitive for me.

Comment

• Within the Armenian highlands (comprising the present territories of north-eastern Iran, eastern Turkey, south Caucasus), the sun was revered second to none. The sun was the physical manifestation of the supreme deity in the heavens. During the classical period, Aramazd (an Armenianized version of the Iranian supreme god Ahura-Mazda of Zoroastrianism) symbolized by the Zoroastrian sun/fire, was the supreme deity of the Armenian highlands. Sun worship was so profound within Armenian territories that many of its rituals and theosophies were incorporated within Armenian Apostolic Church, which was officially founded in 301 A.D. and even as late as the nineteenth century, there were isolated pockets of sun worship being practiced. Of historical importance is a medieval Armenian source (eight centuries after the conversion of Armenians to Christianity) describing a resilient Armenian sun cult whose adherents were known as "Arevorti", sons (children) of the sun (light).

It is suggested by Armenologists that even the essence of the compound word "Ar-men-ia,” implies sun worship. The prefix Ar, the first syllable of Armenia, is the primordial root word for Areg or Arev (sun). This pre-historic root word for the sun also manifests its-self as the pre-historic Armenian god Ara popularly known in Armenian historiography as Ara the Fair, the primordial god most commonly associated with agriculture and spring. The second component of the compound word men obviously designates group of people. The final component of the compound word ia designates a geographic location.

It should be noted here that the Armenian Highlands were not the exclusive location were the god Ara was revered and worshiped. According to Armenian scholars Ghapantsian and Kavookjian, the worship of the cult of Ara s they term it, could be observed within the worship of various peoples throughout the ancient Near-East and Europe. For the Urartians the deity was known as Ardi; within the Hellenic world he was known as Ares, Aras and Er, Germanic tribes recognized him as Ertag; among the Celts of Ireland he was manifested as Ir, within Georgia he was called Arali, among Slavic tribes he was know as Yar or Yarilo, within Mesopotamia Ar was worshiped as Aria and Aru. It is interesting to note at this time that the sun god Ra (Ra-Amon) of ancient Egypt might very well have been a corrupted (reversed) form of the root word of the god Ara. Ar or Ara may very well have been introduced into Egypt by the conquering Hyksos tribes who Armenian historians speculate originated somewhere within the territories of the Armenian Highlands. Thus, the compound word Armenia may very well imply – the land of the god Ar or the land of sun worshipers.
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

• We have heard genetic explanation. But now we should look at what even forms and moulds such genetics.Environment and nutrition: our genes are shaped by these factors. The reason why darker skin and eye colors appear as they are is because there is an increased concentration of the pigment, melanin in the body and cells. When sunlight hits the skin it initiates and causes the process of melanogenesis (melanin pigment formation) which darkens the skin. When we go to area where there is an increased amount of sun and exposure we see darker skin, e.g.: Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, India, South America, Mexico, especially Africa. Now when we go to an area where there is less sun or people are less exposed to the sun, there is typically lighter skin, eye and hair colors (e.g. Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Russia, Switzerland, Germany, etc). Nutrition is also a significant impactor of skin color, because as humans we constantly expose ourselves to food and other nutritional sources that promote (vitamin D, L- tyrosine, etc) or inhibit (alpha-linolenic acid, lipoic acid, vitamins C, B3, E, L-tryptophan, lactic acid, etc.) the process of melanogenesis occurring within the cells of our bodies. For example, sauer kraut is a food which contains lactic acid (so does yogurt but this also contains vitamin D), maybe that is why the Germans are still so light :.) And: "Nutritional environment combined with genetic inheritance yields what is called the "phenotype" of the individual, his or her observable size, shape and function." (Genetic Nutritioneering by JS Bland, Ph.D. (1999), pg. 3). Thus, throughout time these genes add up and being dominant traits they tend to suppress or rid of the lighter colors and shades.
            Last edited by Guest; 04-30-2005, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X