Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

History of Indo-European Languages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kikki88
    Ok, I looked up about Hayasa and this is what it says "The oldest known ancestors of modern Armenians, the Hayasa-Azzi tribes, also known as Proto-Armenians, were indigenous to the Armenian Highland in Eastern Anatolia." The Assyrian link in my head came from the fact that the Assyrian cuneform transcriptions confirm about a tribe living North of them called Hayasa. So that was the link I was thinking about, I did not confirm that Hayasa came from Assyrians.

Your mind and words do not coincide then. You did say that that is why I took matters all into my hands to correct you. Well yes they are the oldest "known ancestors of Armenians" but who or what are they? Are they dark light tall short from where? Listen, do not rely upon Anti-Armenian scriptures to prove you some point you are curious because LOTS of scripts said LOTS of things not just in the Akkadian writings but like all over the world. Yes there are lousy sources that point or talk about them, of course. They only came in contact in their silk roads and paths like what 100 times before?
    When the World Wide Web was born, things were quite simple. The internet supported just one device (the PC) and the browsers available were too primitive for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jgm1975
      Historians have so far been unable to assert beyond any reasonable doubt that the Urartu people were either Indo-European or Semitic. One theory that seems to have some credibility is that the Urartu were related to the present-day Georgians. There are a lot of words in the Armenian language that are of completely non-Indo-European origin, probably from the original language of the Urartu. In fact, for a while, both Armenian and Urartu were spoken (Armenian by the elite, Urartu by the masses), until Armenian took over.

Right thus far that is the most valid theory but they also say like because the Urartu was dying off Armenians simply absorbed them into our culture. You can tell that is true because the Urartu were dark red complected and black haired people kind of tall. Others also concur that it was one of the Armenian tribes a while back that was fortunate enough to form its own kingdom.
      When the World Wide Web was born, things were quite simple. The internet supported just one device (the PC) and the browsers available were too primitive for me.

Comment

Try not to sound racist

I personally find "darker" Armenians very attractive
        How is that racist? Only a racist person has those racist intentions and thoughts and confuses others with it.

As for your taste, well if you find Bin Laden look alikes very sexy, then fine. :coughs: *lack of taste*

Comment

Anonymous, Hitler was lunatic and I think it's been written over and over that the Germans have nothing to do with Aryans. And finally I don't understand the Armenian fascination with proving that we were once blond/blue (I should admit I am one of them sometimes) Who cares? Is being dark haired with olive skin tone (which we are today) bad? Can anyone comment about this?

That is what the jews PORTRAY Hitler to be because they demonize those they hate. That really has no bearing in this discussion. And if you looked at your history, kid, GERMANS have all that there is to do with ARYANS.

I implied this earlier and you still are at loggerheads. One more time:

ARYANS and ARYAN PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NAZI GERMANY. THEY USED THE ARYAN TITLE FOR A DIFFERENT CAUSE JUST LIKE THE SWASTIKA. THAT LITTLE SYMBOL WAS ONCE USED BY ROMANS AND ARMENIANS FOR A DIFFERENT MOTIVE. ARYANS ALL HAVE A RICH HISTORY BEHIND IT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NAZIS. Are we clear now?

Comment

Anonymous, Hitler was lunatic and I think it's been written over and over that the Germans have nothing to do with Aryans. And finally I don't understand the Armenian fascination with proving that we were once blond/blue (I should admit I am one of them sometimes) Who cares? Is being dark haired with olive skin tone (which we are today) bad? Can anyone comment about this?

WHAT?! Kid, listen ALL White people were light complected with blue/green eyes. It is not a "fascination" it is a true genetically biological fact. The red blonde hair with the blue green eyes is a WHITE GENETIC MUTATION going back to Biology. And who is we?! Most of the Armenians I know are really light colored. Please do not mold your Arabic/Persian mixed genes with the rest of my friends, thank you. Every WHITE person or culture from Italians to Spaniards and Armenians were very LIGHT skinned and light eyed and haired. It is just that the several culture clashes they had with the dark people e.g. Arabs and Persians, and since DARK genes dominate, they turned and came out looking like them.

Italians (all white at first) 400 years later after Rome had Arabs from North AFrica invade them and pillage THUS spreading and turning all of their genes (south Italy) dark with dark eyes hair and skin.

Spaniards (all white at first) before the unification of Aragon and the two divided Kingdoms (Isabella and Ferdinand) they also were pillaged by darkies (Moors aka Arabs) from northern Africa THUS GIVING and SPREADING all of that dark gene inside them (southern Spain).

Armenia (all white at first) but unfortunately they had a myriad of pillagings from dark people from the middle east that carried that dark gene i.e. Arabs and Persians then finally Turks who came from central Asia. Then, 1000 years later after that Aryan movement and Armenia slowly becomes a kingdom in Anatolia, the dark genes also dilate and SPREAD amongst Armenians thus now giving THEM the dark genes and or skin (southern Armenia and all around).

Comment

And just because a certain group of people POINT OUT and ACKNOWLEDGE in their texts of that place slapping it every label it does not mean that it is automatically a product of that race or ethnicity. The Romans refer to Armenia a little bit as well and France and Germany saying they were "barbarians." What, that means it is true? Germans are a product of Romans except they were the ugly "barbarian half?"

Comment

also another armenian forum website has a similar discussion that I found interesting to read, take a look...they also discuss who is Hayasa etc.

it's on xxxxxxxx

under

How Is Urartu The First Armenian Kingdom?

(I am new to this, can someone explain to me how come the website I am trying to type in above does not show up? Thanks)
                No no, it is just like the Etruscans and the Romans. They say they were both ETHNICALLY STILL Italians. However, since among those two groups one always dominates the other, the Romans came up on top. Same with Urartu they say like it was an Armenian kingdom whom 1st all of the Assyrians refered to as "arartu" to supposedly classify it as Ararat. But really, no one knows for a fact what they exactly were. Most scholars say it was just another Armenian kingdom that prospered a little too fast. Just like Nairi. Again, another unification of a few tribes but not ALL of the Tribes as it was done during the 200s AD.

Comment

Armenians I am afraid have a lot of enemies such as the Jews that publish a lot of skewed perspectives to really tamper with your facts. Some say Armenians did not even exist, that is why every piece of false info. you read that is too stupid to appear true, you probably should question its validity and source.

Comment

Originally posted by IvyLipstick
                    Armenians I am afraid have a lot of enemies such as the Jews that publish a lot of skewed perspectives to really tamper with your facts. Some say Armenians did not even exist, that is why every piece of false info. you read that is too stupid to appear true, you probably should question its validity and source.
                    I've heard Jews refer to Armenians in Israel/Palestine as Arabs. I also heard Arabs classifying Armenians as type of Arabs. Sounds bizarre, right? In fact, recently there was an article published in the UC Irvine online newspaper that appeared in Groong where an Egyptian Arab was claiming how Armenians are Semitic (???) and that we are brothers. I wrote a letter correcting this mistake. Basically I felt like if we don't have "the guns" in our hands constantly proving who we are, we'll be thrown into some category of Arabs and pretty soon be wiped out of the history books.

Comment

Also, I want to mention one thing. Like written before, I am new to this forum (btw much older than most of you and I am glad Armenians are interacting in these forums. However, what's with the name calling. If we don't respect ourselves how do we expect others to respect us? These kind of intellectual arguments need to be intellectual idea/thought exchanges and we should respect each others opinions because without diverse opinion we can never have a healthy Armenian nation. We post things to exchange thoughts, we are not competing on who knows more or who is better or who has the best facts. We simply want to learn from each other. Let's respect each other! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X