Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

History of Indo-European Languages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tres Bien
    actually i made a spelling misstake - i meant gjughtsi armenian, or i dont know what else to call it-"simple" armenian- words like xi, karas etc. Weve have had this discusion in another thread If i recall correcly.

Yes i know about the Jughtsiz very well. and i wouldnt exacly call it "simple" labour if you saw what they achieved in iran.
    But I wasnt saying they were incompetent, hahaha omg wow it is true that you really do not read. YES HAHAHAH that is precisely my point. Of course they have ACHIEVED A LOT it is in our blood to do so. That is not my point and you obviously are too deficient to see that. My point was that they were FORCED AGAINST THEIR WILL there by Persians you twit. What they accomplished is another story and yes they did that who said that they didnt?

That is like saying "you would not call the Blacks simple force if you see what they have planted and all of the great crop plantations they have achieved." Yes we know that but the essence of that is that they were brought there forcibly by your gods you worship aka persians and arabs.

As for the villagers, well they speak with a broken slang and we already have established that and we know it. It is colloqualism that they use and yes in every language you have those that always tend to speak every language with slang, of course that needs fixing but that is not the worst of our problems here.

Comment

My argument was to acknowledge and target this wrath to where it really belongs not just to Turks but to Persians as well. They stand no more or less guilty than anyone.

Comment

You are in America now, wake up. You have a voice and freedom now that you parskahyes and all of the other "hyes" can use as well. No ridiculous Iranian extremist will come along the way and slit your necks for it, fear not. You don't need to fake pretend you love an ethnicity that wants your heads on sticks. This place is a lot more civil than that and you have a right to be upset at Arabs Persians Turks as much as you can and want. Blacks do it, we can as well. Native Americans do it, we can as well.

Comment

Is the argument over now, Tresbien? I bet your whole cause and motive with these posts was to stick up for Parskahyes as arbitrary as that sounds, only because your simple-mind thought I was attacking them huh? You thought I was going about putting down parskahyes which is thus why you all of a sudden took matters into your own hands and said what you said: "If you only see what they achieved." :laughs:

Comment

I am not parskahay , i am a sheveda-hay, and ive never been to iran, wich makes you a laughing fool.

Comment

Where did I say YOU specifically are a "Parskahye?" You are a what? A "shveda-hay?" Meaning supposedly from Sweden? Even if you were or werent it would not matter. Trust me, the Armenians in these Northern European nations are largely parskahyes that settled there. Either "parskahyes" or "bolsahyes" and that exemplifies you as a fool which is of no surprise.

Comment

The hole population of sheveda hay armenians are fools. Listen to this guy
                Maybe im a fool, sometimes can BE A FOOL for discussing stupid things like this with you, but why offense all "sheveda-hayer", be it parskahay bolsahay or whatever they might be. Everyone is not shaped in one format.

this was my last comment
                Last edited by Tres Bien; 07-25-2004, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archetype8
                  Armenian is an Indo-European language. Indo-European= Asiatic & European languages combined. Indo-Sanskrit, Farsi, Urdu. European- Armenian Gaelic Italian German etc.

Indo-European does NOT mean Asiatic & European languages combined, that's just not the correct way of classifying languages, linguistically speaking. In fact, in the science of Linguistics Asiatic is a completely different subgroup from Indo-European and includes language like Turkish etc. Furthermore, there is no Asian and European classification within the Indo-European subgroup. There are simply branches like Slavic, Germanic etc. It was earlier mentioned also that Armenian is a link between European and Asian, another unscientific subjective fact. Armenian has a branch of it's own and the only known languages in the branch are Dacian and Thracian, languages which are both extinct today. It is known that Armenian has many borrowed words from Persian and at one point linguists around the world classified Armenian as a dialect of Persian, however later it was scientifically proven that Armenian belongs to a distinct branch and furthermore based on this we can say that our linguistic ancestor came down to Anatolia from the Balkans (around Thrace). They assimilated with the local inhabitants who called themselves Hayasa (thus we call ourselves HYE) and the language of the Armens mixed with Hayasa language became our language. The beauty and sadness of this is that Armenians as a nation formed in Anatolia and continued living there for thousands and thousands of years only to be erased by Ottoman Turks in early 20th century.
                  Last edited by kikki88; 08-03-2004, 09:42 PM.

Comment

One of the best websited to read about the IE languages is here

Comment

Thank you for reposting the link.

Comment

Working...
                      X