Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

News about Artsakh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: News about Artsakh

Artsakhavia Airlines? You've got to be kidding me - we have some serious problems naming our airlines.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

The new airline operators name is Artsakh Air which can also be Artsakh Avia.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
        Yerevan-Stepanakert Flights to Take Off May 9

STEPANAKERT (Azg)—Direct Yerevan-Stepanakert flights will launch on May 9, when the newly renovated Stepanakert airport will open to the public, announced the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic national civil aviation department.

The 35-minute flights will be on Artsakhavia Airlines on three 50-passenger SRJ-200 aircraft with a one-way ticket price of 15,000 drams ($41).

Construction of the airport has been completed and airport officials are putting the finishing touches on the two-storey facility, which will house a bar, a coffee shop, first-aid station, VIP hall for dignitaries, as well as parking lot.

The airport, which is shaped like a soaring bird in flight, can cater to 100 passengers per hour and looks to expand its accommodations beyond the Yerevan-Stepanakert flights.

A flying school to train new pilots will also operate from the airport.

The airport opening day coincides with 17th anniversary of the liberation of Shoushi.

http://asbarez.com/94169/yerevan-ste...ake-off-may-9/
        It looks HOT! great news.
        The dogs heard the news too.

Comment

Good news indees i will be using it next time im in Hayastan.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            Good news indees i will be using it next time im in Hayastan.
            be careful of the Azeris trying to shoot the planes down
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I mostly wanna use it just for the sake of helping the economy/airline. I rather enjoy the long trip filled with many sights to see.
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Yes, though if you are a frequent traveler between karabakh and yerevan, this flight is great as you are spared the 5 hours journey through the small and winding roads.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---

Comment

Newborn babies Armenian fire on brain Caucasian Turks
                  The head of the National Statistical Service of the NKR Manush Minassian released demographic data on the country for 2010. Normally, I would even say a routine phenomenon, taken around the world plunged Azerbaijani journalists and political scientists in the brain stupor and completely deprived them of any cognitive ability. When he learned that in 2010 in the Republic of Artsakh baby born in 2694, a correspondent for the Azeri newspaper Zerkalo R. Orujev decided to check this information at ... Azeri political analyst Zardusht Alizadeh, as if these children begat himself Zardusht. However, before turning to the prolific Zardusht, Orujov first reading public has clearly demonstrated its complete incompetence in exciting his problem.
                  So, the message M. Minasian pointed out that the Republic of Artsakh for every 1000 people born in 1919 babies, and that the figure in the post-second only to Central Asian republics, ahead of neighboring Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan. The latter circumstance outraged "mirror" the correspondent, they say, how can it be that we have oil, but children are born with them. Realizing that every little artsahets - a future warrior and defender of the Fatherland, Orujov complains: "The report does not address the statistics on the number of Armenians actually living in" occupied "Nagorno-Karabakh and surrounding" occupied "areas (the quotes are not lazy and placed Sagatel Bakveshinyan).
                  I guess, of course, that no one in the "mirror" does not thank me for the literacy campaign, and yet, help Orujov - solely from a sense of professional solidarity. To calculate the amount of the NKR population, it is necessary to pick up a calculator, divide 2694 by 19 and multiply the answer to a thousand. It's simple. And suffer from obscurity is no longer necessary. It should be easy, at least from time to time, stir the gray matter in the head, rather than expose themselves to ridicule: "The greatest surprise here is, of course, the desire of the Armenians in the occupied territories by any means prove that the life they have been so remarkable that the rates fertility rates are now second only famous for its prolific citizens of Central Asian republics. Like, even behind Azerbaijan.
                  Surprisingly, both based in Baku manage everything associated with oil. The meaning of the quotation Orudzheva in this: we have oil, so the birth rate in the NKR can not be higher than in Azerbaijan. Whether these words shred of common sense and influence the economic welfare of the population on fertility in developed Western countries, daily open new maternity homes. Meanwhile, this baby boom is not observed in affluent countries such as Afghanistan, Pakistan and various other Djibouti.
                  More than Orujov funny Zardusht Alizadeh. Frankly, not very long ago I had to meet so many utters with a clever kind stupid per square inch of newspaper space. Here is one of incomparable judgments Zardusht: "Let's start with the fact that at the beginning of the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh Armenians have lived 120,000. Then, 47,000 Azerbaijanis were expelled from there. Already in 2000 I heard that they left there 70 thousand. And considering that the dynamics of the outflow of Armenians from the South Caucasus has not changed, I think so, there now remains of thousands of 50 ". A lovely and deeply scientific "I heard" I was particularly amused. And do not know how to ridicule zardushtskie "47 thousand Azerbaijanis, or remind him that before the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh population 180,000 Armenians (together with Shahoumian district and subdistrict Getashen, of course), that during the conflict there have moved tens of thousands of deportees from Azerbaijani Genocide? Probably still not worth it, because in 2000 Zardusht "heard", and then another subtracted something from something. And imagine, find the required figure! Evariste Galois, not Zardusht Alizadeh.
                  "Calculate" Evar. That is, Zardusht and the population of the Republic of Armenia. "3.2 million out there (in Armenia. - SB) lived in 1988, and now there is actually 1.7 million people" - he said with a very clever kind, not even noticing a half million people, and bitter lamented that in Armenia, "there is no democracy." Generous brushstrokes paints the tragic describing the future of Armenia, Zardusht smoothly passed to the economy of the Republic of Artsakh: "What do they eat? Nothing. There are fields in the occupied land on which they plow some Armenians. They sow them, and then harvest - that's all. And sell it to Armenia, more nowhere. " By Zardusht turns out that the government of Azerbaijan, sorry, polluted the air in the puddles when complaining to the world that produced the NKR goods sold in Russia, the United States or Europe. Why, then complain that Artsakh is mined gold and mining enterprise in copper mining "Base Metls" exports its products to many countries around the world? What are windmills fights Azerbaijan, sniffing out in stores in Russia and the U.S. canned foods and alcoholic beverages Artsakh production, quarreling with international banking institutions, opened their branches in Nagorno-Karabakh? One of two things: either the government of Azerbaijan is engaged in verbiage or Zardusht again something not heard.
                  Condolences, but Zardusht obvious problems with your hearing. And since nature, tend to compensate for shortcomings in the health advantages to the other side, then seeing Zardusht seems to be experiencing no problems. Therefore, sees the good that happens in Azerbaijan. "We have people from the villages are running in district, then - in the capital, and hence - abroad. When the state and the government does not give people prospects for security and a better future, people prefer to just leave. I will, over time the whole day if I sit down and I will be listing many of my friends left Azerbaijan. All true. They run from Azerbaijan to all whom God has attached feet to the place through which Azerbaijan solve their problems. Fleeing criminal regime Aliyev of Staff schmuck Abiyev, from all Usubov Garalov Makhmudov Talibov ... They run under the roof of the Russian markets, in the Crimea, Turkey, but at least where to, just to far away. Because it turns out that while Zardusht considers his friends fled Azerbaijan, I, for example, during the same day I transfer my friends immigrated to Armenia in recent years.
                  Undoubtedly, the migration from Armenia is taking place. However, its growth, as well as the large number of immigrants, can not meet Zardusht and other Orujev, therefore they have to come up and force yourself to believe in their own fantasies. At first, myself, and then others. And I was editor of the causes responsible for this nonsense, though I blame that every newborn citizen of Armenia or Nagorno Karabakh - is another bullet in the head azagitpropa.

Sagatel BAKVESHINYAN

PS March 17th I gave birth to six grandchildren - Vrezh. Accept congratulations ...

its a good article, talking about how azeirs are trying to lie about the birth numbers by claiming how Artsakh supposedly has nothing, lol. The article does a good job of showing how stupid azeris are.

Comment

Let's hope that for once, something coming out Azerbaijan is true.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Armenians continue policy of illegal settlement in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
                    26 March 2011 [13:39] - Today.Az

199 Armenian families settled down in the occupied Lachin region of Azerbaijan last year.

In 2010, 199 Armenian families (616 people) settled down in the territory of Azerbaijan’s Lachin region occupied by the Armenian armed forces. 50 Armenian families more settled down in Lachin this year, Regnum news agency reported. They are planning to settle 300 families in Lachin until the end of this year.

The settlers and those, who intend to settle down in the territory, receive soft credits and are provided with the construction materials and transport means, Regnum said.

Lebanon-based “Artsakh” fund allocated $2700 for each of the Armenian families settled down in Lachin region to establish farms there. About 9 000 Armenians, settled down after the occupation, are reportedly living now in Lachin region.

/APA/
                    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Armenia, Nagorno Karabakh Debate Ownership of Ancient Treasure
                      April 22, 2011 - 11:47am, by Gayane Abrahamyan
                      Armenia Culture Nagorno Karabakh
                      A collection of ancient gold, silver and bronze artifacts has become the focus of a rare public dispute between the self-declared Nagorno Karabakh Republic and its patron, Armenia, which is appraising the treasure trove. By right, de facto Karabakh officials say, the items belong to Karabakh. But, so far, the History Museum of Armenia shows no sign of giving them back.

Villager Andranik Kiureghian, a resident of Sonasar village in the disputed region of Lachin, stumbled across the treasure last year while grazing his cattle in a field. The items -- 700 grams of silver xxxelry, a candlestick and eating utensil; 200 grams of gold earrings, rings, and a neck collar; and roughly five kilograms of bronze xxxelry and household paraphernalia – were lying in a hole connected to a subterranean tomb thought to date back to the 4th – 1st centuries BC.

Hoping for a cash reward, Kiureghian, a father of five, claims that he took the treasure to Yerevan and handed it over to the History Museum of Armenia. The state-run Museum, which allegedly assessed the items’ value at 8 million drams (about $21,336), offered Kiureghian 50 percent of that sum, in accordance with Armenian law. Kiureghian, saying that the sum is “too little for such treasure,” has refused the cash.

The head of Karabakh’s Tourism Development Agency, Sergei Shahverdian, though, tells a slightly different tale. Shahverdian says that he first learned of the items and their location in the History Museum of Armenia when contacted by the Armenian police. Lachin, a strategic district formerly controlled by Azerbaijan, was taken by ethnic Armenian forces in 1992, and is seen as part of the territory of Karabakh itself.

With that in mind, Shahverdian wants the Lachin treasure transferred to Karabakhi officials.
                      “We contacted the Republic of Armenia’s Ministry of Culture, asking them to examine the artifacts and to return them to Karabakh. However, the answer was that the museum had bought them and that the artifacts have to remain at the History Museum of Armenia, “ Shahverdian said.

Ministry of Culture spokesperson Gayane Durgarian cited the “terrible state” of Karabakh’s geology museum in its capital, Stepanakert, to justify Yerevan’s refusal to return the treasure.

Shahverdian concedes that the museum “cannot provide the best conditions,” but points out that “items even more valuable than those artifacts are preserved there . . . “
                      “[T]heir presence is of great importance to Karabakh as it would enhance the interest towards the museum,” he said of the artifacts.

Armenian History Museum of Armenia Director Anelka Grigorian, though, briskly dismissed the controversy, calling the outcry “inopportune.”

“I don’t know whether we bought it or not,” Grigorian said in reference to the treasure. “What does it matter whether it’s in Armenia or Karabakh? I do not understand why they have turned it into a problem. For now, we are examining the items. As for what will come next, I have no idea.”

A preliminary examination of the items revealed features that “bear a distinct similarity “ to xxxels found in Armenia’s southern Siunik region, which borders Karabakh, she said.
                      A spokesperson for the police said that he had no information about the discovery of the xxxelry or its transfer to the History Museum.

But some Armenian archeologists who have worked in Karabakh argue that the Karabakhi side is right to stand their ground.

Archeologist Hamlet Petrosian, head of Yerevan State University’s Cultural Studies Department, argues that the unrecognized government of Karabakh “is the legal owner of the items.”

“[H]ence, after completing the examination, they have to be returned to where they were found,” Petrosian said. “No matter how valuable an artifact might be, one shouldn’t be tempted [to keep it].”

He cited as precedent the 2005 discovery of artifacts from the ruins of a town believed to have been founded by the ancient Armenian ruler Tigran the Great (140-55 BC) in the northeast of Karabakh. The artifacts were examined in Armenia, Petrosian noted, but taken back to Karabakh and displayed there.

Meanwhile, Pavel Avetisian, head of the National Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Archeology and Ethnography, termed the dispute “regrettable,” but underlined that “one thing is obvious – the most favorable conditions are needed for the preservation of the xxxels, which, as far as I know, Karabakh cannot provide yet.”

Misgivings also exist that Azerbaijan, which claims Karabakh as its own territory, might start to seek ownership of the treasure as well. The dispute has registered in the Azerbaijani press, but, as yet, no official comment appears to have been made.

Editor's note: Gayane Abrahamyan is a reporter for ArmeniaNow.com in Yerevan. Gohar Abrahamyan also contributed reporting to this story. Both Gayane Abrahamyan and Gohar Abrahamyan are daughters of a former director of the History Museum of Armenia.

Comment

Working...
                      X