Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Political prisoners in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Political prisoners in Armenia

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
    What was sold (betrayed ) was our right to our claim of our forefathers land. These are not our ancient lands but our historic lands.

You seem to lack basic knownedge of our history and some basic logic.

Its not a dream but our faith that one day these lands would be returned to us.

We do not have Karabagh. Nobody recognizes it as ours, not even Armenia.
    Listen to the words of our beloved president. He calls it "a process", "the solution" but never "its ours".
    More ominously the signed document arguably makes it more difficult to call it ours.
    Thank you for answering to Tongue's comments, I guess they were addressed to me? How come I don't see it, where did it go?

Comment

I will answer to this one:

Originally Posted by Tongue
      Our ancient lands in Turkey were not necessarily our hayrenik, hardly any Armenian resides in them,
      Maybe it's not yours but it is mine for sure, and it's the Hayrenik of thousands and thousands of Armenians like me because my grandfather was born there and my grand grandfathers were born and buried there so were their grad grandfathers.

Comment

Unfortunately human rights in the former Soviet Union have gotten worse since the fall of the Soviet Union, the number of political prisoners in Armenia has surged a very worrying sign.

Political Prisoners in Armenia should be freed without hesitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
          What have you done for Armenia, or yet how many time you have visited?

When gangsters and crooks rule our country it is our sacred duty to make sure that these criminals are out and not able to take decisions which will affect every Armenian, be it in Armenia or in Diaspora. These criminals who pocket millions of $$$ and gamble it away in places such as Monte Carlo, which some of it are donations from Diaspora Armenians to make Armenia a better place for all Armenians.

Putting our heroes in prison is not placing our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations

I visit it every other year if not every year for about 2 months. The money I and my friends and family spend is quite a bit and we do not just stay in Yerevan. I also donate to the Armenia Fund as well as ATP. I wasn't trying to say that I do a lot, just that I actually go to the country even though there is still a number of other places in the world I would like to visit.

It is annoying when so called 'patriotic' Armenians, who can afford to, have never been to the Homeland, but have been to Lebanon or Greece or what have you but never to Armenia. Yet, some of these types are shouting the loudest about how bad the protocols are, etc.

As for the corruption, we have been over this a lot, no one here is saying it is a good thing or that we shouldn't try to change it, but it should not be an excuse not to visit Armenia or move there. Some of these things are systemic and they will change when people like yourself move there and when the ones born in Armenia begin to push for less corruption, otherwise talking about it on forums or holding out on visits to Armenia will not change the deeply entrenched behaviors.

Oh, and those criminals in Yerevan are nothing compared to the ones in washington, I hope you realize that.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I also go as often as i can and when i buy stuff i rarely ask for change. It is hard to explain what going there feels like, it is something you need to experience yourself. Due to the bad economy i couldn't afford to go this year but i still sent my son and wife because i want my kid to feel what it is like to be armenian and to see that there is such a thing as Armenia. Sending my son to Armenia establishes a connection for him with the country and the people. He enjoys going there from a early age and it is like a regular thing for him. If the diasporans sent their childeren to Hayastan (many do already) on a regular basis they would be doing their childeren and their country a huge favor.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I think Russia (and the Russian mafia) are calling the shots for all these political arrests (and leading the Armenian mafia/government).

I know it sounds like an 'obvious' statement but I've read many comments here that lead me to believe that many who have replied here think otherwise. It's a shame so many who fought for all Armenians in Artsakh are now treated worse than the criminals in Armenia.
              kurtçul kangal

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaPapa View Post
                I think Russia (and the Russian mafia) are calling the shots for all these political arrests (and leading the Armenian mafia/government).

I know it sounds like an 'obvious' statement but I've read many comments here that lead me to believe that many who have replied here think otherwise. It's a shame so many who fought for all Armenians in Artsakh are now treated worse than the criminals in Armenia.
                Fighting in a war does not give you the right to overthrow the government.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                  Fighting in a war does not give you the right to overthrow the government.
                  No one said so, but if you believe that, you'll believe anything. Do you really think someone who volunteered his life, from America, Lebanon, Syria, or wherever...would want to commit violence against Armenians for political reasons? This is absurd. Most of these accusations were thrown around long before the protocols were admitted to. Maybe they were taking a 'pre-emptive strike'? Is that what you're suggesting?

Accusations should be proven, not used as a tool to smash critics. This is the difference between a free society and a 3rd world sh.thole.

It's accusations of 'treason' that were behind the Tashnag murder of http://ghevonttourian.com/

It's accusations of 'treason' that allowed communists to kill Tashnags from 1922-?

It's accusations of 'treason' that made Hunchags/Tashnags kill each other during a soccer game.

It's...
                  Last edited by AlphaPapa; 10-13-2009, 08:46 PM.
                  kurtçul kangal

Comment

Accusations should be proven, not used as a tool to smash critics
                    Thats funny that you say this because this is exactly what a bunch of people including you are doing to the armenian authorities.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Հաը ժողովուրդ քո վերչին օրերնես ապրում քանի վոր հողերը վաճառված է և քո վերչին հայրենանվեր քաղաքացին հայ թուրքերի կողմից հոկտեմբերի 27 կբանտարկվի մի 10 տարով և կասկածելի ՝է թե նա բանտից դուրս կգա թե չէ. Բոլորի լուռ մնալը ցույստվեց վոր հայրենասիրությունը մահացած է . Ես այլեվս ոչինչ չունեմ այլեվս գրելու քանզի դուք բոլորտ զբաղվածեք.
                      Հայրենասեր և մեծ հայ Ավետիս Քալայճյան ես ապսոսում եմ որ այս անարժան ազգի համար դու պայքարում էիր:
                      Last edited by avetis; 10-22-2009, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X