Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Onnik Krikorian, ''fake'' anti-Armenian journalist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Onnik Krikorian, ''fake'' anti-Armenian journalist.

Tomservo, by reading the above, I hope you now see what giving the smallest attention and credence to hagopn's racist, paranoid, fantasist rantings has resulted in.

While my contempt is for the Hagopn's and Hellektor's and (well, you know the long list), these people are so like zombies that they are not worth being angry against. But they are parasites that survive only through the inactivity of people like you. Maybe you also consider them to be so stupid that they aren't worth opposing or arguing against - but that would be a mistake because it is your extinction (not mine) that they most want. Who would you prefer having power over you, a room-full of Hagopn's or a room-full of Onnik Krikorians?
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

TomServo, has the man answered any questions yet, or has he exclusively been engaging in ad hominems? Let's get beyond the ad hominems (I truly don't think Sims the Cat is capable, however)

My "racism" consists of identifying the fact that you demonize the Russians much as any typical Russian hating Brit I have met. I am making a statement of fact and identifying your racism. Too much to take, Sims?

So, Sims, care to answer some questions? (What a loaded question)

You keep on pretending to be a champion of peace, while accusing any and all who prefer the status quo over any prospective "internationally mandated peace accord" of being anything except, well, human I suppose. We all have to sit here an endure this bag of bile spewing his toxic nonsense, while all our questions go unanswered.

Have your champions as you identify above, the "Anglo-American geostrategists", made any positive moves towards defanging the Pan-Turkist ideologs, perhaps the most racist and bloodthirsty group of bandits? It's fine. I'll answer it again for you and Onnik. The "western powers" have done no such thing. The Gray Wolves are still a major player in Turkish politics, which is the equivalent of the Nazi party except much more dangerous.

The fact of the matter is that Russians have demonstrated that they at least do not allow the massacre of Armenians in the millions and have the luxury of proximity, control of territory, a somewhat haphazard vested interest. Although after studying the Van "rebellions" from 1896 to 1915, I do not consider Russians should to be saints either, but the Russians did manage not to leave the portion they occupied barren of Armenians.

What have the "westerns powers" demonstrated so far? Judging from their yet renewed committment to ultra-hypocrisy in Syria, I seriously doubt that an "international body" is willing to give any nation like ours a chance for survival.

Let me as one more question: Are you of the sort who believe that the Azeris were "largely innocent of the Baku and Sumgait massacres and that it was the Russian authorities who instigated the massacres in the first place as punishment for the Armenian anti-USSR protests?" Many in the west make the attempt to exonerate Azeri politik and dismiss the influence of Musavatist. This amounts to denying the Young Turk involvement in the genocide. Onnik actually has taken that stance in the past.

TomServo, or anyone else, would you trust these folks?
      Last edited by hagopn; 09-22-2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Further analysis of this is required to identify the reasons behind why this personality has been banned from other Armenian forums.

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
        Tomservo, by reading the above, I hope you now see what giving the smallest attention and credence to hagopn's racist, paranoid, fantasist rantings has resulted in.
        Here he is using a persuasive and imperative tone, much as any dishonest salesman, into buying his car instead of the competitors. He is upset at this point that his automobile has been identified as a lemon and his factory as a Turkophile and Russophobe. He is doing nothing less that ordering Armenians to ignore "racists," "paranoids", "fascists", and below "parasites". It's essentially the same method that the Anglo-American press uses to isolate and oppress any serious opposition.

While my contempt is for the Hagopn's and Hellektor's and (well, you know the long list), these people are so like zombies that they are not worth being angry against.
        Here, much as the Anglo-American apparatus is currently doing to al-Assad for example, Sims is appealing to guilt by association (although there is none, but the illusory effect is enough), dehumanizing and clumping his opposition into a negative and successfully stigmatized group, at least as he sees it. Note how the term "zombie" as in "walking dead" is employed, total and utter dehumanization. All this, my friends, because I trust the Russians more than the British. Seriously now.

But they are parasites that survive only through the inactivity of people like you.
        Oh, my, this is an absolute gem! Many emotional appeals here. "I now appeal to Your Reasonableness in condemning this braggart and ignoring his words. He is evil I tell you! Evil!" The same mannerism was probably used at the Salem Witch Massacres. "it is good men such as you who are guilty for the existence of such evil! He is evil!"

Sims, it ain't going to happen. Believe it or not, Armenians do have cognitive reasoning capabilities. I know that last sentence was too much for a brainwashed Brit like you to take, but there it is. Most Brits I have met are reasonable folk, but I have met a few of the "subdued" supremacist sort such as you, quite an amusing species indeed.

I forgot to ask: What does Sims demand or expect TomServo that he should do, I wonder? Is TomServo being ordered, by our in-house Amish Elder, to "shun" me? Or is TomServo being asked to debate my points? Doubtful. I don't think the feline feels comfortable debating this point. I think the best case is the Amish case for Sims, our in-house Ayatollah Britannica. That's the best case.

Maybe you also consider them to be so stupid that they aren't worth opposing or arguing against - but that would be a mistake because it is your extinction (not mine) that they most want.
        Ah, here's the pitch. "Maybe you should buy my car, since, even though you haven't driven the competition's, I tell you that they have not installed any brakes, those murderers, and not only do they build bad cars, they also want you dead! Not only that, they are stupid and ugly! Please like me instead! I need to sell my car!"

By "extinction" of course he means to say, "please hate the Russians like I do."

He's selling something, absolutely, and he's quite good at it.

Who would you prefer having power over you, a room-full of Hagopn's or a room-full of Onnik Krikorians?
        Oh, my, hilarious. TomServo, do you enjoy being patronized THIS much?

However, yes, indeed, who would you want? A room full of Admiral Bristols or a room full of Garegin Nzhdehs, the man who is reason behind the very existence of Armenia? Hell of a question.
        Last edited by hagopn; 09-22-2013, 10:58 AM.

Comment

By the way, I just found some postings by Hellektor that Simmy above seems to hate so much. No wonder! Any Thomas Goltz or Thomas de Waal clone, i.e. any apologists for Azerbaijan's fascism, not culture, but fascism, would be upset. As the matter of fact, the apologists for Azerbaijani pan-Turkist fascism are as harmful to Azerbaijani culture and history as the Young Turks were for the Armenians. That's the irony that our "leftists" miss out on.

I had dealing with Azeri musicians in the past through, of all things, a group of ethnomusicologists, one a Talesh "tar" player, a few others jazz musicians, quite good actually. The tar player is proud to say that he had an Armenian master and mentor upon growing up. Another is half-Russian on his mother's side, and his father was also a tar(ist) who also recalls his master to have been an Armenian. During the Baku massacres, and this was verified, his family hid their Armenian neighbors, at great risk to themselves apparently, in their apartment... and so on. The importance of this is the attitude these men have toward Armenians, absolutely positive attitudes.

What do these men think of their government, their fascism, the "Turkic" monlithic identity and assimilation towards, and so on? They are absolutely against it. Should that be surprising? Apparently yes to the Thomas Twins or their clones, such Simmy here. Actually, Goltz is completely for the Turkification of that population, as is Audrey Altstadt and "her Azerbaijan" (She really uses that "affectionate" phrase, "my Azerbaijan.") Onnik at least at some point did admit on a forum that "The Azeris would just rather see all their minorities assimilate into the Turkic culture." That's at least a mellow admission, but one assumes that Onnik is upset that Kurds are being Turkified there as well. Hardly can it be that Onnik is concerned for Armenians.

One is compelled to ask, what in the world feeds this pan-turkist nightmare its political capital? Unfortunately, the majority of "Azeris" I have met, from Iran or Azerbaijan have been militant pan-Turkists, yes, even the ones from Iran. Are the "peace keeping" western powers attempting to stop this trend of "pan-turkification" of this population? Not a chance!

I would highly recommend that you search for the title "and the fraud had a name" with perhaps "Bartold" as keywords, and voila!, you will see a huge post by Hellektor that has a lot of information on the Azerbaijan, how it was manufactured as a "Turkic" entity by whom and for what purpose.

Indeed, Hellektor, whoever has that avatar is possibly not one person, because the effort behind that post is HUGE.
          Last edited by hagopn; 09-23-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

hagop, I've read enough of bell's posts to know that he isn't an unconditional supporter of his or any government and that he doesn't fall into categories like "Turcophile" or "Russophobe." He has spoken out against the neofascist government in Azerbaijan but also the corrupt government in Armenia. He's an equal opportunity critic... wouldn't the world be a better place if we all were?

Comment

Perhaps you're right as you know him and have read his writings more often, but so far he gave me the impression that, when push comes to shove, he will prefer to pretend that his "western" side is a superior choice as a geopolitical partner as compared to the Russians. There is absolutely no proof of this, and yet he maintains a fanatical position on this topic. He has shows to be a Russophobe and by default an Anglo-supremacist. The "definitive Steven Sim" is of no interest to me at this point.

I will not argue either way on such speculative argumentation. I will only say that the Russian occupied portion is the only thing left of Armenian autonomy of any semblance, and that the "international guarantors" are non-existent and have proven to be a such even in the last decade or two. Ceding land is suicide, and the calling of every name in the book because you hold that position is simply not the work of a "reasonable critic."
              Last edited by hagopn; 09-23-2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Also, if he has spoken out against the neo-fascist government of Azerbaijan, then why would anyone believe in the sincerity of such in-congruent nonsense as pushing for a "peace accord through secession from occupied territories" blah?

First, some redefinitions are in order, and Armenian think tanks have repeatedly proposed these changes in the dialog.

1. "Occupied lands" - from whose perspective? Do we Armenians have an allowance for our own? Apparently not!

2. "Neo-Fascist" - This is yet another euphemism for what is regional and hegemonic Pan-Turkism. That is certainly NOT a local Azerbaijani impetus, ideology, movement. It is part of the same impetus that is seeking the continuation of genocide. To be labeled as "paranoids" by the so-called "equal opportunity critics" because we choose to state the obvious is the very definition of hypocrisy!

Bottom line, I DON'T TRUST SIM.

Comment

Another interesting item from conversations with Onnik: I can't quite recall what the original topic of conversation was, but a fellow named Arthur Martirosyan had severely criticized Thomas Goltz' book, which Arthur correctly identified as not much more than a collection of "strategic omissions that by virtue of absence of information the author manages to invalidate every Armenian claim." My own father's opinion matched to that of Arthur's: "It's not what he says. It's what he doesn't say!"

Onnik's defense for Goltz was the following: "Goltz is a hundred times better writer than Halpin" (one of the writers for AIM, Armenian International Magazine of the time.) That was it. When asked of more detail as to why he is defending Goltz, he started accusing everyone of fascism with the usual "tolerant leftist" tirade. These folks never debate. They know that the Armenian nationalist is the one fighting an uphill battle in a Turkophile climate.

While it is true that the environment at the time when war was fresh for us, when cease fire was a recent event, was electric to say the least, the fellow went overboard, much as Sim(s) the Cat above. And it is quite interesting that it is always the British bred types who are as fanatically insane about attacking a nationalist Armenian perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
                    hagop, I've read enough of bell's posts to know that he isn't an unconditional supporter of his or any government and that he doesn't fall into categories like "Turcophile" or "Russophobe." He has spoken out against the neofascist government in Azerbaijan but also the corrupt government in Armenia. He's an equal opportunity critic... wouldn't the world be a better place if we all were?
                    Now, since you gave, maybe inadvertently, sustenace to Hagopn, please also answer my question "Who would you prefer having power over you, a room-full of Hagopns or a room-full of Onnik Krikorians?" And maybe also "what type of person do you think most lusts to have that power over you - those like Hagopn or those like Onnik Krikorian?" I know what your answers would be - but the Hagopns need to hear them.
                    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 09-25-2013, 12:22 PM.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by hagopn View Post
                      Another interesting item........
                      And you, you loud-mouthed, racist little turd, your anonymous stink is beginning to reach the "time to get out the disinfectant" stage. You dare to mouth-off against named individuals in numerous postings, with your preening and pontificating, and even your boasting about how you started their (Krikorian's) career. What absolute garbage you write! Of course, a pathetic little online-coward like you would never dare to give THEIR real name so we could ascertain if even a single word of yours is worth consideration.

Nor would you give us the name of your equally cowardly and probably even more Neanderthal-like "father" - even though you actually want us to think his "opinions" are of some note! Both your anonymous opinions and his anonymous opinions are about as noteworthy as the meaningless barking of some anonymous street-curs.
                      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 09-25-2013, 12:17 PM.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X