Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The City of the World: Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The City of the World: Armenia

Հայաստանի եւ Սփյուռքի հայ ճարտարապետները համատեղ նախագծում են «Աշխարհի Քաղաքը»` «Շանհայ Էքսպո 2010»-ում ներկայացնելու համար

2010 թվականի մայիսի 1-ից հոկտեմբերի 31-ը Չինաստանի Ժողովրդական Հանրապետությունում տեղի կունենա «Շանհայ Էքսպո 2010» խոշորագույն համաշխարհային ցուցահանդեսը, որի խորագիրն է «Բարեկեցիկ քաղաք, բարեկեցիկ կյանք»: Ցուցահանդեսին մասնակցելու են աշխարհի 192 երկրներ եւ ավելի քան 50 միջազգային խոշորագույն կազմակերպություններ: Սպասվում է մոտ 100 մլն այցելու: Բացի այդ, համաշխարհային Էքսպո ցուցահանդեսների պատմության մեջ առաջին անգամ բոլոր ֆիզիկական տաղավարները կառուցվելու են նաեւ վիրտուալ տարածքում, որի շնորհիվ աշխարհի գրեթե յուրաքանչյուր քաղաքացի հնարավորություն կունենա այցելել ցուցահանդեսը:

ՀՀ սփյուռքի նախարարությունը հիշեցնում է, որ Էքսպո-2010 ցուցահանդեսում Հայաստանը ներկայացնում է The City of the World (Աշխարհի Քաղաք) նախագիծը: Նախագծի հիմնական գաղափարն է Հայաստանում` Արարատյան դաշտում, ստեղծել նոր քաղաք, որտեղ աշխարհի երկրները կներկայացվեն իրենց ազգային թաղամասերով: Շանհայի ցուցահանդեսում նման նախագծի ներկայացումը հիանալի հնարավորություն է ամբողջ հայկական աշխարհի համար ոչ միայն եւս մեկ անգամ ապացուցելու հայ ազգի ստեղծագործ եւ արարող էությունը, այլ նաեւ կառուցելով Հայաստանի հողում աշխարհի երկրների ազգային թաղամասերը, յուրօրինակ երախտագիտության արտահայտություն` որպես ցեղասպանությունից մազապուրծ եղած մեր ազգի ներկայացուցիչներին այդ երկրների կողմից դրսեւորած գթասիրտ վերաբերմունքի դիմաց: Աշխարհի Քաղաքի նախագծերը կմիավորվեն «Աշխարհի պատկերասրահ» խորագրի ներքո եւ Շանհայ էքսպո ցուցահանդեսի ավարտից հետո կտեղափոխվեն Հայաստան, որտեղ կցուցադրվեն մշտական եղանակով: Բացի այդ քաղաքի կառուցման որոշումը կայացնելուց հետո նախագծին մասնակցած յուրաքանչյուր ճարտարապետին կընձեռվի հնարավորություն ղեկավարել իր իսկ կողմից նախագծված թաղամասերի կառուցապատման ամբողջ գործընթացը:

Նախագծին մասնակցության մանրամասները ներկայացված են

համացանցային հասցեում:

Re: The City of the World: Armenia

Interesting project, I hope it will be implented!

Comment

very huge expo, wow. Armenian architecture in general is going towards right direction especially with some of the new buildings being built in Yerevan. I just wish we could get rid of some of those really unsafe (and ugly!) soviet apartment buildings. Very low quality buildings. my grandfather lives in such a building and often has so many problems. And also, Armenia is in earthquake zone, such buildings are very vulnerable.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

agree Mos, however after the 88 quake, all new buildings are anti-sismic. In what concerns soviet era buildings which you consider unsafe and are unsafe indeed, they have also ugly and dirty entrances and I can't understand how people live in such buildings where everything is clean and clear inside and dirty outside ??????????

Comment

Originally posted by vasbourakan1 View Post
          agree Mos, however after the 88 quake, all new buildings are anti-sismic. In what concerns soviet era buildings which you consider unsafe and are unsafe indeed, they have also ugly and dirty entrances and I can't understand how people live in such buildings where everything is clean and clear inside and dirty outside ??????????
          yes, when I was little kid, To go from my grandfather's apartment to the "baq" or courtyard outside, I always held my nose and quickly went down the stairs because I couldn't stand the stench. The stench was of the toilet sanitation (yes that smell) and the pipes were crappy and often you saw urine on the ground as a result. But my grandfather lives in a poor apartment also in poor part of Yerevan.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
            very huge expo, wow. Armenian architecture in general is going towards right direction especially with some of the new buildings being built in Yerevan. I just wish we could get rid of some of those really unsafe (and ugly!) soviet apartment buildings. Very low quality buildings. my grandfather lives in such a building and often has so many problems. And also, Armenia is in earthquake zone, such buildings are very vulnerable.
            Well the buildings can actually be reinforced (though costly), you don't need to knock them down; certainly if they have some historical value. As for Earthquake's it really depends on what building materials you use. For small one or two storey structures it should be lightweight wood and gib because from experience at least in New Zealand, brick and concrete are heavy and can crush people easily; with light materials people will be injured but still be able to get out of the structure intact. But here the building codes are extremely tight, and I know because my father has renovated houses before. But they have to be worth it, because no one has died since they were put in place.
            Last edited by hipeter924; 02-28-2010, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Armenia to Present Ambitious "The City of the World" at Expo 2010
              Armenia to build a world city underneat of Mt. Ararat where Noah's Ark Descended

Armenia will introduce their ambitious “The City of the World” project at the international Shanghai Expo 2010 starting May 1. The expo's theme is “Prosperous City, Prosperous Life,” making the innovative global city idea not only relevant, but revolutionary in its positive stance to reach international nations around the globe.

Nerses Yeritsyan, the Minister of Economy for Armenia as well as the country's commissioner general signed the contract to include Armenia in Expo 2010. The future of the Armenian people will be a main focus, along with the “influence of ancient civilizations on contemporary urban life.”

The global city would be set the beautiful Ararat valley of Armenia. International representatives will build their national district project within the city and create an environment that is favorable for all nationalities.

The project focuses on advanced technologies by reinstating the role of Armenian culture as a nation of creators. The city's construction will also be available virtually as part of their idea being consistently marketed toward today's technological advances.

The virtual model of Armenia's “The City of the World” project will be shown online at www.exposhanghaionline.com, as well as at Armenia's pavilion at Expo 2010.

The Ministry of Diaspora of the Republic of Armenia stated “[the project] is expected to build from 5 to 7 multi-functional zones which will include hotels, houses, trade centers, recreation and health camps and cultural centers.”

World Expos have been occurring for over a century, with the first being London in 1851. The Expo 2010 is open to the public. Tickets can be purchased online.

Written by Amy Munday
              Submitted by Amy Munday on Wed, 2010-04-21 15:09

Comment

Interesting, will visit the website.

Comment

Another amazing project, hopefully to be realized. Check this out, http://forrestfulton.com/lace-hill-over-yerevan

Comment

A MONSTER OF A MOUNTAIN FOR YEREVAN?

EurasiaNet

May 6 2010
                    NY

Oh, the horror! A green, biomorphic mountain of a building may arise in
                    the good city of Yerevan if nobody stops Forrest Fulton Architecture.

The 915,000-square-foot creature is a competition proposal from the
                    Birmingham, Alabama-based firm. Called Lace Hill, the project's design
                    is meant to pay tribute to Mount Ararat, the Armenian cultural symbol
                    which sits just across the closed border in Turkey.

"Native plants" cover its hill, which breathes through apertures
                    "recalling traditional Armenian lace needlework," and exudes water
                    from some of them. Its bowels contain bars, restaurants, hotels . . .

you name it.

Yerevan city planners have not officially expressed interest in the
                    project, but the idea of having on home soil an Ararat-look-alike
                    could prove alluring.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                    X