Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Groundbreaking-New school in Dilijan to provide unique learning experience in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Groundbreaking-New school in Dilijan to provide unique learning experience in Arm

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
    Thanks sir.

It seems this thread has turn into more of a pissing contest than anything else. BTW, I am 44 with high mileage and a salvage title.
    Some say I shouldn't even be alive......makes you appreciate life.
    My professor was 57 when he had his first kid. He has two healthy daughters and is well into his 60s now. You are not too old!
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Re: Groundbreaking-New school in Dilijan to provide unique learning experience in Arm

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      My professor was 57 when he had his first kid. He has two healthy daughters and is well into his 60s now. You are not too old!
      And I thought my friend same age as me who just had is second baby was too late...........my 19 year old son is enough for me.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
        Thanks sir.

It seems this thread has turn into more of a pissing contest than anything else. BTW, I am 44 with high mileage and a salvage title.
        Some say I shouldn't even be alive......makes you appreciate life.
        Overcoming difficulties encountered increases spiritual quality of life and makes people appreciate it. And yet you have the most important mission of adjusting, whenever needed, the life route of your 19 year old son. Enjoy the mission and accomplish it. The best way of doing it, you know, is indirect one. My youngest son, of three, is 26.
        Last edited by gegev; 07-20-2010, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Heh, so now you are forbidden to point out that Levon is wrong since you have not lived through poverty. Now Levon also knows if you have been spoiled to. While it is amusing how you pull crap out of your vor, it is getting old. I guess we should all be thankful though since he didnt use his two favorit words this time.
          Yes Haykakan, he does not stop hallucinating as I mentioned before. Even though he does not know who I am, where I come from, he surely does know he lived in poverty and I did not. I can tell you one thing, the situation you were in Levon was probably better than the situation me and my family were in around the same time, but I don´t have the need to resort to emotional stories, nor do I claim that I have seen more ´poverty´ than you to use as an argument. Very, very childish.

Comment

Heh, so now you are forbidden to point out that Levon is wrong since you have not lived through poverty. Now Levon also knows if you have been spoiled to. While it is amusing how you pull crap out of your vor, it is getting old. I guess we should all be thankful though since he didnt use his two favorit words this time.
            Keep your insults to yourself. Also, read the previous posts to understand the context of my comment to Tigranakert.
            Last edited by levon; 07-20-2010, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
              Yes Haykakan, he does not stop hallucinating as I mentioned before. Even though he does not know who I am, where I come from, he surely does know he lived in poverty and I did not. I can tell you one thing, the situation you were in Levon was probably better than the situation me and my family were in around the same time, but I don´t have the need to resort to emotional stories, nor do I claim that I have seen more ´poverty´ than you to use as an argument. Very, very childish.
              People who use phrases such as "I care about the poor" have not lived through it.
              Also, you seem to have a difficulty in grasping the context in which comments are made to you. Here, I'll explain it to you. You claim its a good idea to give more scholarships to foreign students than Armenian students, and you also claim you would support the Armenian government to send large sums of money as aid to other countries. Well, only someone who hasn't seen the situation in Armenia would suggest that it's a good idea to spend money on others than your own citizens. The equivalent of that is to deny education to your kids and instead offer it to your neighbors kids with the hope that when the neighbor's kids grow up they will support you and your kids.
              Last edited by levon; 07-20-2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                People who use phrases such as "I care about the poor" have not lived through it.
                Also, you seem to have a difficulty in grasping the context in which comments are made to you. Here, I'll explain it to you. You claim its a good idea to give more scholarships to foreign students than Armenian students, and you also claim you would support the Armenian government to send large sums of money as aid to other countries. Well, only someone who hasn't seen the situation in Armenia would suggest that it's a good idea to spend money on others than your own citizens. The equivalent of that is to deny education to your kids and instead offer it to your neighbors kids with the hope that when the neighbor's kids grow up they will support you and your kids.
                You just don't stop hallucinating and constantly draw your weird conclusions based on nothing. I am not going to tell my personal or family story because I have no need to, but people who have been through hardships (and poverty) tend to care more for the ''poor'' than those who have never experienced it. Tend, because in contrary to you, I do not generalize as there are many exceptions of ''rich'' (well-to-do) people who also care about others well beings.

Also, Levon, you seem to not even understand one single message of my writings. I never said that it is a good thing more scholarships are given to ''foreign'' students dan local ones, show me where I explicitly mentioned that (again, hallucinating)? Percentage-wise, more local students get scholarships compared to ''foreign'' students, I have only mentioned your negativism and pessimism you have towards everything, no matter how big or small.

Also, Levon, I have never said that it is good if Armenia sends ''large sums of money'' (in the sence of tens of millions of dollars), but I mentioned that the 700 thousand dollar (or one million) we donated to a disaster struck area, is a good thing, for a multiple of reasons. First and foremost because actually we receive(d) hundreds of millions of dollars in aid, so it is (politically and morally) the least we could do to give something back to other people in need. If you are so worried, the mission in Kosovo or Iraq costs us millions of dollars and dozens of other projects cost us even more. I also mentioned that if you are so worried for the money sent to people in need, we at the same time waist millions of dollars in Armenia (either by corrupt people, useless projects, people evading TAX and thousands of other things we need to improve) which we could use to help the poor in Armenia.

You just take my sentence out of context and want to show that ''I do not care about poor people in Armenia and I want to send BILLIONS of dollars to foreign countries''. Levon, your tactic is doomed to fail as everyone knows you are a pessimistic lier, grow up.

Do you know what a pessimist is? A man who thinks everybody as nasty as himself, and hates them for it.
                Last edited by Tigranakert; 07-20-2010, 03:21 PM.

Comment

So much of this thread is full of fighting and namecalling, I think we've seen enough. Tigranakert, Haykakan, next time you start insulting others like this you'll receive a ban immediately without warning.

Thread closed.

Comment

I don't know if I like the fact that all the school's classes are in English. There should also be an Armenian course at least.... even if odars start attending it, they would learn at least a little of our beautiful language.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Dilijan International School to be opened in 2014

Dilijan International School of Armenia will be opened in 2014, Mayor of the town of Dilijan, Armen Santrosyan told reporters.

According to the Mayor, the school is intended to accommodate 550 pupils. All of the classes will be taught in English in the school.

“We hope Dilijan School will become a unique international school in the region and will also be attended by children from foreign countries,” Santrosyan said.

Australia-based Michael Thompson has been appointed as school headmaster.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

• Re: Groundbreaking-New school in Dilijan to provide unique learning experience in Arm

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                      I don't know if I like the fact that all the school's classes are in English. There should also be an Armenian course at least.... even if odars start attending it, they would learn at least a little of our beautiful language.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Dilijan International School to be opened in 2014

Dilijan International School of Armenia will be opened in 2014, Mayor of the town of Dilijan, Armen Santrosyan told reporters.

According to the Mayor, the school is intended to accommodate 550 pupils. All of the classes will be taught in English in the school.

“We hope Dilijan School will become a unique international school in the region and will also be attended by children from foreign countries,” Santrosyan said.

Australia-based Michael Thompson has been appointed as school headmaster.

http://www.aysor.am/en/news/2011/07/...en-santrosyan/
                      Don't worry. Armenians have to stop this nonsense mentality. For one I know, if Armenia want's to account to something in this world, we have to built such schools and entities. We are a small nation and thus we rely more on other nations. They will learn a lot about Armenia and Armenians, even though it is in English. Further more, we need professionals, highly-educated (economic) intellectuals, we don't need to make it obligatory to study Armenian history in every school. Do you realize how huge this project is, how many talented professors from all over the world (and Skolkovo) will come to Armenia, and how many Diaspora-Armenians will study at this top-notch school, instead of somewhere else? And how many poor children in Armenia will have the chance to get a higher education? This is just the beginning.

How bad it sounds, we need to create a new elite, and elite which is based upon education, this is the new elite we need and the elite the Turks killed in the genocide. The elite ruling in Armenia now is of a destructing breed. And don't begin with the communist bullxxxx, most of the people are sheeps and some are the shepherds.

Comment

Working...
                      X