Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Groundbreaking-New school in Dilijan to provide unique learning experience in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Groundbreaking-New school in Dilijan to provide unique learning experience in Arm

Originally posted by levon View Post
    I don't much care about what you think of me, so you can keep blubbering on.

The school is real. Here is some general info and the location on google maps.
    Physics and Mathematics Specialized School named after Artashes Shahinyan under the Yerevan State University, colloquially known as PhysMath School, is a state-owned high school located in Yerevan, Armenia. It is considered one of the leading educational complexes of Armenia. Grades:7-12

Article about the school

It would help if you do some research before you claim the school doesn't exist.

If you cant even properly comment on things you can research (i.e. the school), please refrain from commenting on things you cannot research properly (such as my education level or my ventures)

Congrats on running your own business. Just as you claim I haven't done anything, so can I. You haven't established yourself as a very credible individual, so why do you think people here should automatically believe what you say. But nevertheless, what you have or haven't done is insignificant to what we're arguing about.

Apres.

This whole responce of yours is solid proof that you are indeed a datark mart and that your argument regarding this subject is totally crushed. Since you have lost every concievable argumant regarding the subject, you now try to change the subject. You are now trying to imply that i doubt the existance of another school? That i think another school is bad? Please find any post where i mention anything remotely resembling these coments or stfu. The fact that i have been dealing with costs in a business environment for over 15 years has everything to do with the conversation about the costs of the school. I fail to see anywhere where i have demonstrated a lack of credibility in any way. As a matter of fact i actually have proof which i have posted of my credibility vs you who has non, yet i do not question that you have a degree in physics. I said i was working on my MBA and i posted a paper that i wrote for one of my classes in this forum. I said i was a outdoorsman and i posted pics of my catch. I said i bought a new car and i posted pics of that to along with the accessories. The fact that i have been participating in these forums long before you arrived and that in every post i express the desire to better Armenia and the lives of our people has indeed earned me the very credibility which you badly lack. Between you and gageve i can count many examples of what you say we should not do yet hardly any of the things that we should do. This is a reflection of your pessimistic attitudes. Lastly i think it is hillerious that you are counting how many times Tigran isulted you because i know that by calling people liberals and feminists you fully mean to insult them thus would you care to count how many insults you have typed? Yup Levon it seems you have lost yet another argument and like minded people have lost another investment for our country and people. Now you, gageve and all your buddies can go have a smoke and brag about how your throwing the future of your people away.
    Last edited by Haykakan; 07-19-2010, 02:00 PM.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Re: Groundbreaking-New school in Dilijan to provide unique learning experience in Arm

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      This whole responce of yours is solid proof that you are indeed a datark mart and that your argument regarding this subject is totally crushed. Since you have lost every concievable argumant regarding the subject, you now try to change the subject. You are now trying to imply that i doubt the existance of another school? That i think another school is bad? Please find any post where i mention anything remotely resembling these coments or stfu.
      Here you go boss.
      Levon du erav datark martes, Tigran hazar ankam aveli haya u marta kante du. Ko ankam horinats dprotsi tsaghseri nkatmamb tvere pasta vor du lriv tgetes u kiankumt votch mi business ches varel.
      Do realize that what you wrote in Armenian translates to "By using cost estimates based on your imaginary school you have made it clear that you are uneducated and never in your life have you operated a business.

My response was made specifically to your comment ragarding imaginary school.

The rest of your post was just a total mess. It's rather hard to see someone as credible when he cannot craft a proper response with correct spelling and sentence structure. Fix that first.

Comment

Here you go boss.

Do realize that what you wrote in Armenian translates to "By using cost estimates based on your imaginary school you have made it clear that you are uneducated and never in your life have you operated a business.

My response was made specifically to your comment ragarding imaginary school.

The rest of your post was just a total mess. It's rather hard to see someone as credible when he cannot craft a proper response with correct spelling and sentence structure. Fix that first.
        This is exactly what i mean. You have been so soundly defeated in this argument that you resort to taking phrases in one languadge and using them in another to imply a completely different meaning then it had in the original form. When youre this soundly defeated you make yourself look far worst by pulling of crap like this.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

This is exactly what i mean. You have been so soundly defeated in this argument that you resort to taking phrases in one languadge and using them in another to imply a completely different meaning then it had in the original form. When youre this soundly defeated you make yourself look far worst by pulling of crap like this.
          It's ok, you spent most of your life talking English (a language which you have shown you haven't mastered), so it's only natural your Armenian skills aren't as good as they should be.

If you want people to not misunderstand what you write, then make sure you write exactly what you mean. What you wrote in Armenian explicitely implied that the school I mentioned, namely phys-math, was imaginary. If you meant something else, then I think its time for you to open an Armenian book and start learning the language.

Comment

Sorry, foreign means foreign. Armenian or not giving scholarships to foreign students does not do much good to the country of Armenia.

Yes, actually I know since that is what supported me through school. Oh, and my scholarships originated from the school itself. So no, a scholarship is not necessarily a private initiative. Schools often allocate money from their budget for scholarships. The article does not discuss where the source of funding will be, so don't draw unnecessary conclusions.
            I have got really tired of your childish and nonsense remarks, will react on it so you don't think you are right. First of all, I did not mean to insult you by saying you are hallucinating and you have to visit a psychatrist, I really mean it because you see things that are nonexistent.

I have spoken to some of the people involved in this project and I know that most of the scholarships will be offered by charity organizations (which have no link to Diljian International School) and other individuals (mostly rich Armenians) who support this initiative. Again, you have not even read the open letter which I posted a few posts ago ( http://dilijanschool.org/?id=377&cat=230 ) but still you dare to talk as if you know all the ins-and-outs.

I did not mention all the scholarships are ''private'', the discussion was not even about the scholarships, but the pessimism and negativism is so extreme in you, that even in ''scholarships'' you can find something negative to xxxxx on. Seriously, this is not normal, but just depressing.

How could giving scholarships to foreign students be not good for Armenia? Levon, do you know other people also read your senseless remarks? If charity organizations and other privite individuals support students to study in Armenia, what harm will it do for them to experience Armenia, to live in Armenia, to spend thousands of dollars in Armenia, to tell their family and friends about Armenia (who will probably also come and visit Armenia), this student could in the future invest in Armenia, live in Armenia and in short be part of the progress of Armenia.

The point is to benefit the country of Armenia, and not benefit all equally.
            This in essence is not Armenian, as we Armenians are not selfish and our culture is based upon respect for everyone. Would you also oppose the thousands of dollars Armenia gives to other countries during natural disasters? I bet (as your racist remarks) you would.

There are two kinds of "top-class" teachers, those who get a degree in "education" and those who actually study the subject matter. The latter will cost much more than 30,000 per year, and the former is completely useless.
            On the other hand, a member of the scientific community in Armenia will be more than happy to teach for 1000 per month or less. Armenia has more than enough capable teachers, it's simply idiotic to import foreign teachers and pay them money.
            Again, go live in the real world because except for negativism, pessimism you are also the King of Kings of generalizations. Here comes the great Levon who wants to teach us there are only 2 (why not 3?) top-class teachers. ''And as you are the all-knowing, only Armenian teachers must teach in Armenia, because we Armenians know everything in the world and we are the best in just everything''.

Levon, there are studies in which Armenians are not top-class of the world, even the best mathematicians in the world are not all Armenians, let alone the dozens of other studies this school would offer. If this school wants to offer education with both local and foreign teachers, I would highly encourage them too. Even with your own arguments, an Armenian who lives in Armenia, whose heart/mind/soul is in Armenia, can't possibly teach Spanish or German language/culture? No, it would be better to have Spanish or German teachers, this is just an example as I am not you who claims to know everything.

Another Levon who is just as negative and pessimistic as you, but on another subject.

Levon Ter-Petrosyan’s ideas must be rejected, RPA rep says
            July 19, 2010 | 18:14

Levon Ter-Petrosyan adheres to his view on the Nagorno-Karabakh problem. His statement at the ANM congress was a follow-up to the well-known article entitled “War or peace?” written in 1997, Rafik Petrosyan, a member of the Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) parliamentary group told NEWS.am. He disagrees with Ter-Petrosyan and believes “Armenia must seek to achieve the resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh problem.”

“Armenia can develop on the basis of international agreements, with the aim of democratic development. Eve if not so, no issue, including Armenian-Turkish reconciliation, can be settled at Nagorno-Karabakh’s expense,” Petrosyan said. Ter-Petrosyan has nothing to say, so he is repeating himself. “He probably has nothing to say, so he is repeating the thoughts that once caused his resignation,” Petrosyan said. He stressed the public must respond to Ter-Petrosyan’s statement and reject his view.

At the 16th congress of the Armenian National Movement (ANM) Ter-Petrosyan said that Armenia has no security, economic and demographic development prospects without the resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh problem and Armenian-Turkish reconciliation, regardless of which political force is in power. (This just sounds like you, whatever happens, there is no chance for the progress of Armenia. ´Even though Ruben Vardanian is a respectable, highly-respected, non-corrupt individual, whose team will comprimise succesful highly-educated Armenians and other non-Armenians, you are just convinced it's all for the profits and not for the well being of Armenia.)
            Last edited by Tigranakert; 07-19-2010, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
              How could giving scholarships to foreign students be not good for Armenia? Levon, do you know other people also read your senseless remarks?
              Because, first and foremost students who live in Armenia should get the scholarships. When Armenia becomes rich enough to support its own population, then there can be discussion about giving scholarships to foreign students.

If charity organizations and other privite individuals support students to study in Armenia, what harm will it do for them to experience Armenia, to live in Armenia, to spend thousands of dollars in Armenia
              If they can spend thousands of dollars in Armenia, then they are in no need of scholarships to study.

, to tell their family and friends about Armenia (who will probably also come and visit Armenia), this student could in the future invest in Armenia, live in Armenia and in short be part of the progress of Armenia.
              First, an environment must be fostered where Armenians in Armenia can invest in Armenia. After that's done, we can start bringing in foreign students to Armenia with the hopes that some day they will invest in Armenia.

This in essence is not Armenian, as we Armenians are not selfish and our culture is based upon respect for everyone.
              Would you also oppose the thousands of dollars Armenia gives to other countries during natural disasters? I bet (as your racist remarks) you would.
              Yes, I do have a problem with that. Do you know why? Because there are thousands of children in Armenia who don't get enough food to eat. Their parents often scavenge in garbage cans to get scraps of food. Their kids get a change of clothes maybe once a year and that's usually someone else's handouts to them. Apart from these, there are thousands more that are in a better situation, yet have gone through periods of their lives with no heat and very little food.

You gone a whole winter without warmth and eaten crumbs of bread because at the end of the week no food was left? I bet you haven't, otherwise you wouldn't make a dumb recommendation of sending money overseas when your own people don't have to means to support themselves. Well, my family went through that, and so did many others, and I used to think we're well off.

I knew a kid whose family lived in a basement and the only furniture they had was an alarm clock and a table. You live through that and them come and suggest that our government send thousands of dollars in aid to other countries. Armenia is not rich, nor a superpower to have to worry about aid to other countries. When we take care of our own, then we can worry about others.

Considering the rest of your post, I assure you that using trying to demean my by drawing similarities between me and Levon Ter-Petrosyan based on our first names does no good for your credibility. Good job on a weak straw-man argument, though.

Comment

Because, first and foremost students who live in Armenia should get the scholarships. When Armenia becomes rich enough to support its own population, then there can be discussion about giving scholarships to foreign students.
                Here we go again... who are you to decide who gets a scholarship and who doesn't? If charity organizations and private individuals want to give a scholarship to Armenians from the Diaspora (because most of the foreign students would be Armenians) to study in Armenia, then I would very much support them. Your remarks sound so silly that your credibility has shrunk to zero, even I did not know you were capable of such weird statements. It's like stating I (a private person) should not give money to my children to study in Armenia. You are mixing up private and state scholarships. Read Levon, read.

Again, if the money given to scholarships was given by the government, you could have had an own opinion and voiced your concern (and your racist remarks) because you pay taxes, but again, this project is totally private. The choice is, giving scholarships to Armenians from the Diaspora and Armenians from Armenia, or nothing at all, you prefer the last one.

(By the way, even The Netherlands is no ''rich'' enough to support their own people, there are tens-of-thousands of poor and even homeless people, and I will not begin on how the situation in America/Russia and most other countries in the world is. Again, what is your definition of ''rich enough to support their own people''? Levon, think before you write something.)

If they can spend thousands of dollars in Armenia, then they are in no need of scholarships to study.
                Do you seriously understand even one sentence I wrote? They would spend the thousands of dollars of the scholarship money they would receive in Armenia (housing, food, travelling, leisure, etc..).

First, an environment must be fostered where Armenians in Armenia can invest in Armenia. After that's done, we can start bringing in foreign students to Armenia with the hopes that some day they will invest in Armenia.
                Hahahahahahahahahaha, Levon, please, Levon for your own sake stop with your silly remarks! Do you even read what you write down? What kind of environment? Do you think there is one single definition of ''environment'' when the people/government can say, we are almost done with construction the ''environment'' so Armenians, jump in and invest? No, it is a country (where millions of people live with different opinions) and as our own human body, compasses of thousands of things which are developing at the same time.

There is no time to wait when some negative and pessimist guy as you decides the ''environment'' is there for Armenians to invest in Armenia. Investing in a better Armenia is not bound to time, it's something one try to do every second, even if there is a dictatorship, let alone a slowly evolving democracy where Armenia is heading to now. Dozens of friends, family including myself have invested in Armenia and have seen almost no problems (I can tell you, doing business in Armenia is easier than doing business in The Netherlands). But that's another discussion.

Yes, I do have a problem with that. Do you know why? Because there are thousands of children in Armenia who don't get enough food to eat. Their parents often scavenge in garbage cans to get scraps of food. Their kids get a change of clothes maybe once a year and that's usually someone else's handouts to them. Apart from these, there are thousands more that are in a better situation, yet have gone through periods of their lives with no heat and very little food.
                You think you are the only one who cares for the poor in Armenia? You are mistaken, we all do. But we are Christians and we are Armenians (I am at least, I do not know about you). I rather bother with the still present corrupt businessmen who eat millions of dollars or greedy rich people who can drive their 200,000 dollar cars next to homeless people, than the few hundred thousand dollars the Armenian government has donated to some natural disaster struck area in the world, I even encourage it because we received hundreds of millions of dollars of help during our own eartquake (and for the recovery afterwards) and this would be the least we could do back (also, as Christians). I also encourage the government and every other Armenian to do their utmost best to help Armenia prosper, so we will never see poor/homeless Armenians again.

You gone a whole winter without warmth and eaten crumbs of bread because at the end of the week no food was left? I bet you haven't, otherwise you wouldn't make a dumb recommendation of sending money overseas when your own people don't have to means to support themselves. Well, my family went through that, and so did many others, and I used to think we're well off.
                Come on, let's not get emotional here, there is no need to. I did not say we should send all our money ''overseas'', what you are trying to do is to write some emotional stories to ''show'' that I do not care for poor Armenians, it's just not like that. I will devote my life for the progress of our country and will do everything I can to eliminate poverty and help my fellow Armenians to live in comfort, this should be the task of every Armenian.

Considering the rest of your post, I assure you that using trying to demean my by drawing similarities between me and Levon Ter-Petrosyan based on our first names does no good for your credibility. Good job on a weak straw-man argument, though.
                No, you are wrong. It is not based on your first names, but by the way you both think and talk. As I mentioned, negativism, pessimism suit you two well, as well as generalization and hallucination, what you and he do alot. I just can't help but thinking of him when I read your posts. I am sorry (you could also see it as a compliment?)
                Last edited by Tigranakert; 07-19-2010, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Here we go again... who are you to decide who gets a scholarship and who doesn't?
                  I don't care for your incoherent blubber, where you decide to argue points that you think I make. Reading your posts creates an aura of a person who is arguing with himself, then declares himself the winner of the argument.
                  Frankly, I do not much care about what a spoiled kid who hasn't seen life thinks what Armenia should or shouldn't do. I have little interest in child's play. When you learn to properly argue without resorting to statements that suggest you are merely interested in hostility than reasonable arguments, then we can continue. Before that, work on improving your prose. Poverty to you is obviously something you see in the movies. If you experience it yourself your views will change, but before that refrain from your ignorant comments.

Comment

I don't care for your incoherent blubber, where you decide to argue points that you think I make. Reading your posts creates an aura of a person who is arguing with himself, then declares himself the winner of the argument.
                    Frankly, I do not much care about what a spoiled kid who hasn't seen life thinks what Armenia should or shouldn't do. I have little interest in child's play. When you learn to properly argue without resorting to statements that suggest you are merely interested in hostility than reasonable arguments, then we can continue. Before that, work on improving your prose. Poverty to you is obviously something you see in the movies. If you experience it yourself your views will change, but before that refrain from your ignorant comments.
                    Heh, so now you are forbidden to point out that Levon is wrong since you have not lived through poverty. Now Levon also knows if you have been spoiled to. While it is amusing how you pull crap out of your vor, it is getting old. I guess we should all be thankful though since he didnt use his two favorit words this time.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
                      Glad reading posts that are not biased. I’m 62; older than the boss, too.

Your posts do make difference Eddo.
                      Thanks sir.

It seems this thread has turn into more of a pissing contest than anything else. BTW, I am 44 with high mileage and a salvage title.
                      Some say I shouldn't even be alive......makes you appreciate life.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X