Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian "Zionist Christians" arrested in Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenian "Zionist Christians" arrested in Iran

truly ridiculous....how dare they

A group of Christians, including Armenians arrested in Iran

December 28, 2010 | 07:46

Charges against four Christians are still undecided after three months kept in jail. The Sept. 19 news broadcast on Iran National TV said “A nine-member group of Christians were arrested in Hamadan on charges of Evangelistic activities.” They were called “Zionist Christians” in the report,” Newsru.com reports.

The names are of the four are Vahik Abrahamian, his wife Sonia Keshish Avanessian. They are Armenian-Iranian Christians. The other two are Farsi-speaking Christians. They are Arash Kermanjany and Arezou Teimouri.

Iran’s security forces said the group’s purpose was to destroy the Islamic Republic of Iran

According to the report, on the evening of Sept. 4, security forces entered Abrahamian’s house and arrested him. It was also reported that two other Christian converts were at home as guests. Security officers searched the house and collected some personal belongings. Later they took the people to an undisclosed location.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Re: Armenian "Zionist Christians" arrested in Iran

They were called “Zionist Christians"
    If this is how they call themselves in Iran, then they deserve to be arrested, they were looking for it. I don’t see where is the ridicule in this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
      If this is how they call themselves in Iran, then they deserve to be arrested, they were looking for it. I don’t see where is the ridicule in this one?
      no that's what the Iranian authorities are calling the Armenian Christian missionaries
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Factly speaking, they are right. Just read the history about Evangelism and who they serve, it's Israel who they are loyal to (I personally know some Evangelic Armenians).

They are a dangerous sect, not only a danger to Iran but also to the Republic of Armenia. I don't mind they are caught, you know the rules in Iran, obey it. I don't (and also you Mos) want Iranian muslims to do missionary work in Armenia (not that it would work anyway). They are a disgrace for the Armenian nation.

My old memories come up, I had long conversations with them.. (evangelic Armenians) and oh boy... just bunch of sick, brainwashed sheeps.

Long live Iran!
        Last edited by Tigranakert; 12-28-2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Honestly, what were they expecting? Are they stupid? It's an Islamic Republic and Evangelists are extremist Christians. And labeling them Zionist Christians might possibly not be accurate but aren't evangelists some of the most pro-Israel of the Christian denominations?

And this has nothing to do with Armenians and everything to do with Evangelists. Only two of the arrested were Armenians while the other two were Persians. Nobody was arrested for being Armenian. I'm sure Armenian Christians would not want Muslims preaching about the Qu'ran in Armenia and how the prophet Muhammad is Allah's last messenger and some might even call for their arrest and/or deportation.
          Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

True but in Armenia such Muslims wouldn't be arrested and branded with a label. Still arresting people because they are spreading their religious doctrine is ridiculous
            Last edited by Mos; 12-28-2010, 11:48 AM.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---

Comment

I feel bad when they stone women for having committed adultery for example when most women are fairly powerless and can't do much to prevent it. But in this case, I really don't feel bad at all. If they were in fact going around spreading the joyous word of Jesus, then I'm sure they won't mind bearing the cross for a while in some of the not-so-pleasant Iranian prisons.

It's kind of like those 3 US "hikers" that were "hiking" in Iraq and either stumbled into Iran or got arrested anyway ... I have less than 0 sympathy in such cases.

I would feel the same way for a diver who goes diving around with sharks and gets eaten by them or a skydiver that falls to her death.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Oh but don't get me wrong though .. if there was a group speaking against fundamental islam and got locked up, I would be upset. It's just in this particular case they are choosing to "spread" one joyous religion over another which just means they themselves are yet another group of complete idiots.
                this post = teh win.

Comment

I did not know that evangelism was such a big issue in Iran... If there was a similar issue in Armenia, though, I doubt that the people would have been arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                    True but in Armenia such Muslims wouldn't be arrested and branded with a label. Still arresting people because they are spreading their religious doctrine is ridiculous
                    Haven't you been advocating elsewhere on this forum that exactly the same thing should happen to persons in Armenia?
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                    X