Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Destruction of the Armenian Cemetery at Djulfa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Destruction of the Armenian Cemetery at Djulfa

Originally posted by armenica
    Fancy theroy doesn't make you right.
    You are the one with the fancy theory that restricts your behaviour. Don't you get it!
    I give up on you. You understand nothing and want to stay that way.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

That bridge is located in Bosnia and Herzegovina, not Kosovo.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
        That bridge is located in Bosnia and Herzegovina, not Kosovo.
        And was destroyed by Croats, after being shelled successively by Croat and "Bosniac" forces.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by ASSASSINATER
          first of all,we preserve all the foreign heritage,a lot of churches,fountains and worshipping places.thats why turkey attracts a number of christian tourists for worshipping tourizm.lets face it,Actually you can gather with these sentences indirectly that turkey didnt preserve them properly.
          Firstly, your definition of non-Islamic monuments in Turkey as "foreign heritage" displays a lot of nationalistic indoctrination.
          Setting that aside, Turkey doesn't adequately preserve anyones heritage, not even its "own". Look for a typical Ottoman-period urban centre and you have to travel to Greece or Bulgaria. Turkey has one of the worst records of preserving historical monuments anywhere in the World. There are, in relation to its size and its overall number of buildings, fewer historical buildings in Turkey than in any other country in Europe. The concept of preserving an intact historical urban environment just doesn't exit. Whole medieval cities have been bulldozed. Everywhere in Turkey is full of identikit concrete appartment blocks. You can visit town after town that may be 3000 years old, and see in them nothing older than the 1960s. The average Turk hasn't got any comprehension of what an historical building is anyway, and can't see any use for them.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

because of this turkey has a lot of roman empire and byzantine empire ruins.and especially in IZMIR,you see and visit ephesus historical enviroments,ruins.I can give you a lot of example.....there are some UNESCO"s world historical heritage places be preserved..expatriates reckon turkey as a historical paradise.If you inspect systematically,you will notice that turkey attracts much more tourists than any other countries,with ITALY,SPAIN,GREECE and TURKIYE.....
            Perhaps this is true. But isn't it ironic that this "historical paridise" has nothing to do with turks or turkey. What have the turks contributed?

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492
              Perhaps this is true. But isn't it ironic that this "historical paridise" has nothing to do with turks or turkey. What have the turks contributed?
              Turkey is not an "historical paradise", it is an historical near-desert. True, there are a few Greek and Roman ruins preserved in reserves, but "in-the-wild" historical monuments, the sort of things you can see walking down any street in any European town, is rarely found anymore in Turkey.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

a lot of things!!!! come and see by sight in turkey..
                PS, before you give me the same invitation, I should say that I have seen far more of Turkey than you have seen.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                  You are the one with the fancy theory that restricts your behaviour. Don't you get it!
                  I give up on you. You understand nothing and want to stay that way.
                  I wish that my opinion was only a theory; then at least all would be OK with non-Turkish historical heritage within its borders.

But why give up? You still push for the idea of that the Armenians of diaspora are to be blamed for the disappearance of Armenian churhces (in one way or another) in Turkey, an idea that is absurd to me. You may have been to Turkey and I don't know if you are of Armenian origin or not, but many Armenians I know who travelled to Turkey were not as welcomed as you have been, far less invited to restore Armenien cultural sites in Turkey. Your idea sounds more like the historian professor Cicek who during a conference about the genocide actually claimed that the Armenian diaspora would be grateful for the deportations and even compensate the Turkish government for their expenses during the deportations. Then he invited prof. Dadrian to "take your Armenian disapora money and come to Turkey to research about the genocide". Your implecation about the preservation of Armenian churches doesn't make much more sense than his absurd invitation which caused people laugh.

Comment

first of all,we preserve all the foreign heritage,a lot of churches,fountains and worshipping places.thats why turkey attracts a number of christian tourists for worshipping tourizm.lets face it,Actually you can gather with these sentences indirectly that turkey didnt preserve them properly.but always wanted I say these were triggered because of conflict between russia and ottoman empire time and ARMENIA"S POLITICAL STANCE.and I wanted to point out it,for example If we had cultural heritage,(only assumption)would armenian people protect them.I think of course no!!!especially nowadays,because grave impediment to this,turkey"s continued refusal to establish diplomatic relations with armenia.the genocide is a difficult issue that affects the development of relationship between armenia and turkey.armenia is ready to continue interstate dialogue with the republic of turkey to establish diplomatic relations without any condition.turkey always rejects it.and this causes relentless battle...of course this sparks enmity feelings between two nations,and people can show their rage demolishing each other"s heritage,but we did it older times.now everything is normal.we preserve.I want to know are there muslim population in YEREVAN?
                    You're a bit late; bell-the-cat has already covered that part.

First: Yes, Turkey might preserve cultural heritage but mostly in the western tourist areas, while the Armenian traces, in name or in physical state, are ereased by all means. Why would then the Turkish government go as low as to change "separatistic" name of the animals?

* Red fox known as Vulpes Vulpes Kurdistanica becomes Vulpes Vulpes
                    * Wild sheep called Ovis Armeniana becomes Ovis Orientalis Anatolicus
                    * Roe deer known as Capreolus Capreolus Armenus becomes Capreolus Cuprelus

It a good thing that there are media coverage now days.

Second: You don't know much about Armenia or Yerevan do you? If Yerevan cross your paths in the near future, make sure to visit the Blue Mosque, but most important of all keep a look out for the Iranian students who come to Yerevan in great numbers, as well as the Iranian tourists. Yezidi Kurds are not Muslims, but they have a much much more better situation in Armenia than any religious or ethnic minority in Turkey.

PS. This thread has wandered away from its main objective which is about the destruction of the Armenian cemetary in Nakhichevan, Azerbaijan.

Comment

Originally posted by armenica
                      You're a bit late; bell-the-cat has already covered that part.

First: Yes, Turkey might preserve cultural heritage but mostly in the western tourist areas, while the Armenian traces, in name or in physical state, are ereased by all means. Why would then the Turkish government go as low as to change "separatistic" name of the animals?

* Red fox known as Vulpes Vulpes Kurdistanica becomes Vulpes Vulpes
                      * Wild sheep called Ovis Armeniana becomes Ovis Orientalis Anatolicus
                      * Roe deer known as Capreolus Capreolus Armenus becomes Capreolus Cuprelus
                      Thank you very much for pointing that out!

Here is an interesting article (I am an ecologist. I see absolutely no 'scientific' basis for a name change. Absurd.):

Paging George Orwell (March 17, 2006)

"ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey has renamed some animal species, saying foreign scientists opposed to its territorial integrity had chosen their former names with ill intent, the Environment Ministry has said....

The ministry said the animals' new names had been chosen as result of scientific studies...

This could be taken right out of Orwell's description of Newspeak; the next logical step will be to phase out the very words "Armenia" and "Kurdistan" from all grammars..."

Last edited by Anahita; 03-19-2006, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X