Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Nature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian Nature

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    The Mos's, Tigranakert's and Armanen's of Armenia would be rushing to shoot the very last one, turn it into a floor rug, and sell it to the likes of Dodo Gago to grace one of his whore's bedrooms.
    Very assumptive about people you don't know. Again...........

My guess is that they would prefer a different kind of cat in their sights.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Kinda curious how you know this? Was this info in a glass ball or maybe on the Ipad?

Based on their comments in this very thread.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
        Very assumptive about people you don't know. Again...........
        With those three I know exactly, there is no longer any element of assumption.

Assumptions can be wrong. An assumption would be, for example, to always assume something (and not something good) from those with bombastic or extremist profile pictures, avatars, signature footnotes, etc. Those three have that too, but it is their actual posts that revealed them as what they are. So maybe you should read them too, and not make your assumptions out to be facts.
        Last edited by bell-the-cat; 09-14-2013, 06:57 AM.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
          My guess is that they would prefer a different kind of cat in their sights.

anyone know what is the current Leopard population in Caucasus?
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post

anyone know what is the current Leopard population in Caucasus?
            Less than a dozen, main zone of presence signaled in Zankezur range (Armenian Republic/Nakhitchevan), including Shigahogh reserve, on the lower slopes of the same range, cross bordering NKR on Kovsagan district.
            Ararat province of AR, in and south of Khosrove reserve, in Urtzasar range.

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
              Less than a dozen, main zone of presence signaled in Zankezur range (Armenian Republic/Nakhitchevan), including Shigahogh reserve, on the lower slopes of the same range, cross bordering NKR on Kovsagan district.
              Well that sucks.....with those numbers they hardly stand a fighting chance against the environment let alone poaching, its not like they reproduce like rabbits.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post

If there wasn't natural recolonisation from neighboring Iran, my wild guess is that the leopard would have been extinct already, due to poaching...

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                  With those three I know exactly, there is no longer any element of assumption.
                  Bell, in reality you know nothing of these guys, only the profiles they provide in this ether. (you do know this is the internet don't you?)

Assumptions can be wrong. An assumption would be, for example, to always assume something (and not something good) from those with bombastic or extremist profile pictures, avatars, signature footnotes, etc. Those three have that too, but it is their actual posts that revealed them as what they are. So maybe you should read them too, and not make your assumptions out to be facts.
                  Assumptions can be very wrong, that's why the old saying "Ass, u & me " is widely used.

I don't think my own assumptions were made out to be fact, if I'd wanted to do that I'd surely have put them on a Wikipedia page.

Comment

ZHOGHOVURD: KHOSROV RESERVE WATCHMAN FOUND DEAD

10:23 27/09/2013 " DAILY PRESS

The corpse of 50-year-old Mkhitar Sedrakyan, resident of the village of
                    Garni, Kotayk province, was found in Khosrov Forest Reserve yesterday
                    with a firearm injury in the left side of his chest.

Ashot Vardanyan, head of Garni village, told Zhoghovurd that Sedrakyan
                    was working as a watchman in Khosrov Reserve. He added that in all
                    probability, the watchman had been shot. "Nothing more is known. I
                    can only say that surveillance cameras will show what happened."

Source: Panorama.am
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

What an irony, the Khosrov Forest, and now we have desertification, destruction of nature galore. I wonder if Dodi will think of exporting all the flowers in Tzaghkadzor next? I'wouldn't put anything past the kleptocrats.

Comment

Working...
                      X