Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia's Economic Pulse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

    http://www.businessinsider.com/every...-export-2014-5

    Using data from the CIA Factbook, we labeled every country in the world by its highest-valued export, aka the commodity that makes the country the most money in the global market.

    Unsurprisingly, most of the world runs on oil, particularly the Middle East and Central Asia. Europe seems to be the world's workshop, where most of the machinery and motor vehicles are made.

    The type of machinery ranges from optical instruments to BMWs. Latin America brings a blend of food products and oil to the trading table.

    Asia, it seems, is the world's manufacturing center, where the world's clothing, wood products, and semiconductors are made.

    Africa is extremely rich in natural resources, particularly precious metals and oil. A substantial part of the continent makes its money on diamonds, gold, or oil.



    Read more: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...#ixzz31nOizTpo














    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.

    Comment


    • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

      Comment


      • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

        Armenian Brandy Breaks into Asian Markets
        Samvel Avagyan

        21:52, May 12, 2014

        More brandy than molybdenum or gold is exported from Armenia. The volume of brandy exported is surpassed only by copper concentrate, reaching $180 million in 2013. Basically, brandy is Armenia's sole product that has maintained its strategic significance for dozens of years. In Armenia, brandy is exported three times more than wine and two times more than vodka.

        Nevertheless, brandy has not managed to avoid crises. In 2009, brandy production in Armenia dropped by about 37% — from 16 million to 9.9 million liters. The main reason for this was that several major commercial networks in Russia temporarily suspended payments. Only in 2012 did Armenia succeed in recovering the pre-crisis level of brandy production, while in 2013, brandy production in Armenia reached record levels — 20.3 million liters, almost twice as much as the volumes recorded in the late 1990s.

        Create Infographics
        There are 11 companies that produce brandy in Armenia, but none of them hold the dominant position. The largest is Yerevan Brandy Company, the production volumes of which in recent years exceeded 3 million liters. We are indebted mainly to this company for keeping Armenian brandy highly respected. Of the remaining companies, probably Great Valley pays great attention to quality.

        About 90% of Armenian brandy is exported, and the Russian market is definitely the primary importer (about 80% of total exports). However, the market for Armenian brandy has expanded in recent years, mainly because of markets in Asia. For example, large quantities of cheap brandy are sent to Iraq — about 250,000 liters. In 2013, Armenia succeeded in establishing itself in the United Arab Emirates market, exporting about 4,000 liters of brandy. Major importers of Armenian brandy are Central Asian countries, contributing to significant growth in exports: in first place is Kazakhstan — about 122,000 liters, which exceeded its 2012 volume by 2.5 times.

        Create Infographics
        Armenia finally managed to make a breakthrough in the Chinese market, considered the one with the most prospects for brandy. In 2013, China imported more than 100,000 liters of Armenian brandy.

        In Europe, only Germany is a major importer of Armenian brandy — about 50,000 liters. In 2013, Armenia was able to expand also to the Hungarian and Czech markets. The US steadily imports 40–50,000 liters of Armenian brandy each year.

        Neighboring Georgia is also a major importer: at 700,000 liters, it is the second largest importer after Russia. Large batches are sent also to the Ukraine, Belarus, and the Baltic states.


        http://hetq.am/eng/news/54539/armeni...-markets.html/
        <<եթե զենք էլ չլինի' ես քարերով կկրվեմ>>

        Comment


        • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

          Originally posted by Mher View Post
          Armenian Brandy Breaks into Asian Markets
          Samvel Avagyan

          21:52, May 12, 2014

          More brandy than molybdenum or gold is exported from Armenia. The volume of brandy exported is surpassed only by copper concentrate, reaching $180 million in 2013. Basically, brandy is Armenia's sole product that has maintained its strategic significance for dozens of years. In Armenia, brandy is exported three times more than wine and two times more than vodka.

          Nevertheless, brandy has not managed to avoid crises. In 2009, brandy production in Armenia dropped by about 37% — from 16 million to 9.9 million liters. The main reason for this was that several major commercial networks in Russia temporarily suspended payments. Only in 2012 did Armenia succeed in recovering the pre-crisis level of brandy production, while in 2013, brandy production in Armenia reached record levels — 20.3 million liters, almost twice as much as the volumes recorded in the late 1990s.

          Create Infographics
          There are 11 companies that produce brandy in Armenia, but none of them hold the dominant position. The largest is Yerevan Brandy Company, the production volumes of which in recent years exceeded 3 million liters. We are indebted mainly to this company for keeping Armenian brandy highly respected. Of the remaining companies, probably Great Valley pays great attention to quality.

          About 90% of Armenian brandy is exported, and the Russian market is definitely the primary importer (about 80% of total exports). However, the market for Armenian brandy has expanded in recent years, mainly because of markets in Asia. For example, large quantities of cheap brandy are sent to Iraq — about 250,000 liters. In 2013, Armenia succeeded in establishing itself in the United Arab Emirates market, exporting about 4,000 liters of brandy. Major importers of Armenian brandy are Central Asian countries, contributing to significant growth in exports: in first place is Kazakhstan — about 122,000 liters, which exceeded its 2012 volume by 2.5 times.

          Create Infographics
          Armenia finally managed to make a breakthrough in the Chinese market, considered the one with the most prospects for brandy. In 2013, China imported more than 100,000 liters of Armenian brandy.

          In Europe, only Germany is a major importer of Armenian brandy — about 50,000 liters. In 2013, Armenia was able to expand also to the Hungarian and Czech markets. The US steadily imports 40–50,000 liters of Armenian brandy each year.

          Neighboring Georgia is also a major importer: at 700,000 liters, it is the second largest importer after Russia. Large batches are sent also to the Ukraine, Belarus, and the Baltic states.


          http://hetq.am/eng/news/54539/armeni...-markets.html/
          This is exactly what i was talking about regarding growing Armenias exports. Notice China is becoming a significant market for our products along with Kazakhstan.
          Hayastan or Bust.

          Comment


          • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

            Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            This is exactly what i was talking about regarding growing Armenias exports. Notice China is becoming a significant market for our products along with Kazakhstan.
            Hopefully it continuous to develop along with the technology sector and we get out of this banana republic copper situation. You cannot have a developed and sustainable state if your only exports are natural resources. Specially one as volatile and worthless as copper.
            <<եթե զենք էլ չլինի' ես քարերով կկրվեմ>>

            Comment


            • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

              Originally posted by Mher View Post
              Hopefully it continuous to develop along with the technology sector and we get out of this banana republic copper situation. You cannot have a developed and sustainable state if your only exports are natural resources. Specially one as volatile and worthless as copper.
              I would also add gloating about Brandy, an industry established over 100 years ago shows how little has been done towards developing the economy.

              We should have been showing off success in our high tech sector.

              We keep boasting of our highly educated people etc yet our economy is primarily agriculture, animal husbandry and mining all mainly low paid jobs.
              It does not take much effort to notice this on the Armenian media TV etc.

              .
              Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
              Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
              Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

              Comment


              • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

                Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
                http://www.businessinsider.com/every...-export-2014-5

                Using data from the CIA Factbook, we labeled every country in the world by its highest-valued export, aka the commodity that makes the country the most money in the global market.
                The maps miss out the raw material commodity that make many countries by far the most money - that "commodity" is people, their export by migration and the remittances they send back home.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

                Comment


                • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

                  Armenian exports to China double every year – head of ADB


                  YEREVAN, May 20. /ARKA/. Armenia’s exports to China are doubling every year, general director of the Armenian Development Agency (ADB) Robert Harutiunyan told ARKA.

                  In 2013 exports grew by two times compared to 2012, and it is the third year in sequence that a two-fold growth in exports is recorded, Harutiunyan said.

                  Mainly mining industry products were exported to China in 2013, according to Harutiunayn. Exports amounted to $68.8 million and imports were about $370 million.

                  ‘We import a huge deal of various goods from China. There are no clear priorities. It is mainly electronic equipment, computers, furniture, raw materials for production of different goods’, Harutiunyan said.

                  According to ArmStat, Armenia’s foreign trade turnover with China amounted to $115.6 million in January-March 2014, an increase of 24.6% compared to the same period of the year before. Exports from Armenia to China were $28.1mln (3.5-time increase) and imports to Armenia totaled $87.5mln (3.2% increase) in the period. The 2013 trade turnover between the countries amounted to $455.3 million, an increase of 5.7%. Armenia’s exports to China were $68.8mln in 2013, a 2.2-time increase over the year; imports totaled $386.5 million, a reduction of 3.3%



                  See more at: http://arka.am/en/news/economy/armen....yqaCc6It.dpuf
                  <<եթե զենք էլ չլինի' ես քարերով կկրվեմ>>

                  Comment


                  • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

                    Ministry of economy expects Armenian IT sector to grow by 20% this year

                    YEREVAN, May 30. / ARKA /. The Armenian Ministry of Economy expects the IT sector to grow by 20% this year, a Deputy Minister of Economy, Garegin Melkonyan, told a press conference at Novosti International Press Center.

                    He said Armenia’s information technology industry has been growing 20 percent on average over the last years and the ministry expects this trend to continue.

                    He said there are now some 380 IT firms employing over 10,000 mostly well-paid specialists. Of them 159 are foreign-owned or representative offices of large international companies. He said the IT industry accounts today for 3.8 percent of the national GDP.

                    "Active introduction of information technology at the domestic market creates preconditions for the development of other sectors and the economy as a whole", Melkonyan said.

                    In 2013 the sector posted a 20% growth and a 12% growth in exports. According to an IT development strategy, its turnover is to surge to $1 billion by 2018.


                    http://telecom.arka.am/en/news/telec....2RcLIHa5.dpuf
                    <<եթե զենք էլ չլինի' ես քարերով կկրվեմ>>

                    Comment


                    • Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

                      IMF cuts down Armenia's expected GDP growth to 4.3% in response to Ukraine situation




                      Central bank revises downwards its growth projection for Armenia to 4.1%-4.8 %


                      YEREVAN, May 26. / ARKA /. The Central Bank of Armenia said in a report that it has revised downwards its recent GDP growth projection to 4.1%-4.8 % from 5.4%-6.1 %.

                      The bank said the revision stems from worsening economic conditions in Russia, which is Armenia major trade and investment partner. Other factors that made the regulator to cut its forecast are the weaker than expected tax and fiscal policy, as well as the delayed commission of Teghut copper mine.

                      The Eurasian Development Bank has projected a 4.8% growth for Armenia. The IMF has also revised downwards its projection to 4.3 %; the World Bank’s forecast is 5%.

                      At the same time, the international rating agency Moody's said the GDP growth in Armenia in 2014 will be lower than in 2013 because of the Ukrainian crisis and Russia’s involvement in it.

                      The Central Bank of Armenia has also projected a 2.5”-5.5 % inflation for this year. The government’s projection of GDP is 5.2 percent. It also expects a 4 % (± 1.5%) inflation.


                      - See more at: http://arka.am/en/news/economy/centr....VovSxLsw.dpuf
                      <<եթե զենք էլ չլինի' ես քարերով կկրվեմ>>

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X