Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia's Economic Pulse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia's Economic Pulse

ECONOMIC GROWTH IN ARMENIA

The Messenger
    June 16 2010
    Georgia

Armenia's central bank states that in 2010 the country's economy will
    grow by a minimum of 3-4%.Industry will grow 5-7%, construction 1-3%,
    services 2.5-4.5%, agriculture 2-4%. It should be mentioned that
    Armenian GDP increased by 7.2% in the first four months of 2010
    compared to January-April 2009.

It can therefore be said that Armenia has overcome the consequences
    of the world economic crisis, despite the blockade.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

ARMENIAN-IRANIAN BUSINESS FORUM TO BE CONDUCTED

ARMENPRESS
      JUNE 16, 2010
      YEREVAN

YEREVAN, JUNE 16, ARMENPRESS: Iranian business delegation will arrive
      in Armenian June 17 and June 18 Armenia-Iran business forum will take
      place. It is organized by the Armenian Development Agency.

Public relations officer of the ADA Merry Melikyan told "Armenpress"
      that the Iranian business delegation is headed by honorary president
      of Armenian-Iranian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Levon Aharonyan.

"About 108 businessmen of 83 companies will participate in the forum,"
      she said, adding that programs and other issues of Armenia's investment
      programs will be discussed at the forum.

Deputy economy, transport and communication ministers, vice chairman
      of the State Revenue Committee will participate in the event and will
      provide to the Iranian businessmen necessary information.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I am doing a research paper on the economic results of opening the Armenian Turckish border. If anyone has good scholarly reviewed articles on the subject i would like to read it. It does not matter if the article argues for or against the opening-this is strictly about economics and nothing else. Articles about the effects on third party countries are welcome and will be discussed. Feel free to pm me info if you prefer. Thanks in avance.
        Last edited by Haykakan; 06-17-2010, 07:36 PM.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

It is harder to find sholarly research on this subject then i thought. I am guessing because the subject is a relatively new one.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Well that paper is DONE! Another class down. I will think hard about doing papers on resent events next time because it is hard to find appropriate literature on new events.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              I am doing a research paper on the economic results of opening the Armenian Turckish border. If anyone has good scholarly reviewed articles on the subject i would like to read it. It does not matter if the article argues for or against the opening-this is strictly about economics and nothing else. Articles about the effects on third party countries are welcome and will be discussed. Feel free to pm me info if you prefer. Thanks in avance.
              I know you expect, mostly, positive "ones" that coincide your agenda, but alas ... May be Tigran has a bunch of it?
              Last edited by gegev; 06-23-2010, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
                I know you expect, mostly, positive "ones" that coincide your agenda, but alas ... May be Tigran has a bunch of it?
                All scholarly research did show positive to very positive economic results for both sides but more so for Armenia. Regional economic benefits were also expected for all other nations in the neighborhood including Russia, Iran, Azerbaijan. Georgia was the only country which overall may lose some economic advantages. A phased border opening was suggested to adress security and other concerns. Economicaly speaking there is no doubt that opening the border will be a good thing for almost everyone involved. Although this paper was about the economic aspects of the border opening i did include some other interesting findings. Previous research had revealed that cultural and social affinities were more important then economic ties when it comes to peaceful coexistence between previous enemies. This means that even if both sides benefit economicaly their relations may still fail. As the famous saying goes "money isn't everything" seems to hold true for international relations. There is no doubt about the positive economic results should the borders open but their staying open and bringing peace to the region are not based only on economic matters.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I was trying to upload my paper as a attachment to this post so people here can read it but it wont let me. I am guessing cause the file is to big?
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    I was trying to upload my paper as a attachment to this post so people here can read it but it wont let me. I am guessing cause the file is to big?
                    can't you just copy and paste it here would love to read your paper.

Comment

I would like to read it too, you can upload it on www.yousendit.com and then send the link here so we can download it?

Comment

Working...
                      X