Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Again, in every situation there is something positive and negative, it depends on how we play this game. If our diplomats are smart and make the utmost use of this, we can finally make the Iran-Armeia gas-pipeline working and even perhaps build a bigger one, so not to be as dependent on Georgia.

Ofcourse, the Iran has it's own problems as well, but still is and will remain a major player. Georgians are rats, they dare to do these things because we have our own problems with Azerbaijan, but they wouldn't dare to do something if the Karabakh question has been solved. In the future we will show Georgia we have not forgotten their anti-Armenian policy.

Long live Abkhazia, South-Ossetia, Adjaria and Javakh.

Comment

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
      I don't know any. Are you asking me because you want to know or because you disagree with my suggestion?
      I do not disagree to any action if its patriotic, practicable and as a result not becoming vulnerable for intangible or short term gain.

I would like to know one or two people who would make a difference.

The problem is we are dealing with a system, removing individuals will not change the mind of the system.
      In fact the Israeli example is an example of failed policy.
      After all those years and all those assassinations what is the tangible result?

I would say a policy of stay strong stay smart is a better policy.
      Last edited by londontsi; 08-10-2010, 08:20 AM.
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
        I do not disagree to any action if its patriotic, practicable and as a result not becoming vulnerable for intangible or short term gain.

I would like to know one or two people who would make a difference.

The problem is we are dealing with a system, removing individuals will not change the mind of the system.
        In fact the Israeli example is an example of failed policy.
        After all those years and all those assassinations what is the tangible result?

I would say a policy of stay strong stay smart is a better policy.
        I don't know, I was just throwing out a random comment.

Comment

My initial thoughts regarding the sale of pipeline are that again the Armenian Gov't is asleep at the wheel. I hope I'm wrong and maybe their reasons are as follows:

1. Armenia and Iran are growing closer in the energy sector. Armenia exports electricity to Iran and Iran send gas and oil. Perhaps Armenia is less reliant on the N.S. pipeline through Georgia. This has been a beneficial relationship to both sides and an expanding one at that (Hydroelectric plant, etc)

2. It is Russian oil that is sent via the current pipeline through Georgia and perhaps the Armenians have figured that in the long run, Russia and Georgia could be at war again (the war in 2008 have only highlighted the reason why you cannot rely on the Georgian route), the pipeline is open to sabotage, they can get fuel cheaper from Iran, and they will not have to deal with Georgia/Azeri/Turkish games, Russia price fluctuations, should they stop relying on that network.

3. Though Socar may indeed purchase the pipeline, it is the Russians who will have final say whether the can turn the spigot off or on.
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
            My initial thoughts regarding the sale of pipeline are that again the Armenian Gov't is asleep at the wheel. I hope I'm wrong and maybe their reasons are as follows:

1. Armenia and Iran are growing closer in the energy sector. Armenia exports electricity to Iran and Iran send gas and oil. Perhaps Armenia is less reliant on the N.S. pipeline through Georgia. This has been a beneficial relationship to both sides and an expanding one at that (Hydroelectric plant, etc)

2. It is Russian oil that is sent via the current pipeline through Georgia and perhaps the Armenians have figured that in the long run, Russia and Georgia could be at war again (the war in 2008 have only highlighted the reason why you cannot rely on the Georgian route), the pipeline is open to sabotage, they can get fuel cheaper from Iran, and they will not have to deal with Georgia/Azeri/Turkish games, Russia price fluctuations, should they stop relying on that network.

3. Though Socar may indeed purchase the pipeline, it is the Russians who will have final say whether the can turn the spigot off or on.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Belgian parliament may consider NKR’s independence
              August 11, 2010 | 14:22

A group of Belgian MPs will visit Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh this autumn to discuss the possibility of considering NKR’s independence by the Belgian Parliament, head of Federation of Armenian Organizations in Belgium Gevorg Minasyan told the reporters in Yerevan.

According to him, the Armenian community is actively working with the Belgian MPs on the issue. “In this context their visit to Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh is very important. I do not know whether our initiative will be successful, but the process will definitely benefit from the visit of the Belgian parliamentarians,” Minasyan stated. He also stressed that the Armenian community has close ties with many Belgian MPs.

source: http://news.am/eng/news/27507.html

All I got to say is, GO BELGIUM. And I got some things to do right now, start writing to people who are the Belgian senate, parliament and government about 2 issues Turkey entering EU and this one.

Comment

It seems that the Armenians in Europe are starting to flex their muscle and trying to become a unified force.

European Parliament to issue statement condemning destruction of Armenian cultural heritage in Nakhchivan
                August 11, 2010 | 14:38

This autumn the European Parliament is likely to issue a statement on the destruction of the Armenian cultural monuments in Nakhchivan.

A lot work has been done in this direction and the draft statement has been already submitted to the European Parliament, head of Federation of Armenian Organizations in Belgium Gevorg Minasyan told the reporters in Yerevan. “We have just to get Armenia’s support that is a little bit overdue. Nevertheless, I think the process has been launched, and the European Parliament will issue the statement by this autumn,” he stressed.

Comment

Azerbaijani flag replaced by NKR on Cardiff Castle

August 13, 2010 | 17:45
                  Azerbaijani flag waving on Cardiff Castle in Wales suddenly disappeared and was replaced by the flag of Nagorno-Karabakh Republic.

“Cardiff Castle is situated in Wales. The flags of several states, including the Azerbaijani one are flying on the castle. Two days ago the Azerbaijani flag was taken down, for no obvious reason, and replaced by that of Nagorno-Karabakh Republic,” said a Cardiff citizen of Azerbaijani origin, APA reported.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus11
                    what does this have to do with Baku?
                    What does this have to do with USA flag?

Comment

Azerbaijan denies airspace to NATO aircraft

August 18, 2010 | 20:32
                      Azerbaijan did not allow a German plane flying from Afghanistan to Armenia to enter its airspace. The NATO passenger aircraft was carrying a group of Armenian peacemakers to Yerevan. The Armenian servicemen completed their service in Kunduz, Afghanistan, under German command.

A source at the RA Ministry of Defense informed NEWS.am that the aircraft was to land in Yerevan at 8:30 p.m. local time. However, the plane flew to Cologne, Germany, and the Armenian peacemakers will return to Armenia from there.

The RA Minister of Defense views it as an attempt to disrupt the supply to NATO forces in Afghanistan and block the use of Armenia’s airspace and airports for transportations to Afghanistan. At present the Armenian side is discussing necessary steps to prohibit the access to its airspace for planes carrying military cargoes to Azerbaijan.

Armenia has never prevented planes flying fro Turkey to Azerbaijan, as well as planes flying from Azerbaijan to Afghanistan, from using its airspace.

Comment

Working...
                      X