Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    What the hell are US military officials doing in Armenia?

It is the millitary attache and had of security of the embassy.

Comment

I don't understand why US even needs such a big embassy in our small country of 3 million. We and US aren't even allies and they don't help our interests. Rather give that big embassy to a real friend.
      lol.... that is not exactly true.... and the embassy was build by americanes, it is their property

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
        I don'tthink you got it. Those hollering, mob-like, flag-burning, evil-looking fanatics depicted protesting in that photo are the visual equivalent of the hollering, mob-like, flag-burning, evil-acting Muslim fanatics depicted in the infamous and near-identical "Behead those who insult Islam"-type photos that EVERYONE is aware of. And we have these fanatics in profusion on this board. If you really care what is best for Armenia, you would want to silence them.
        Not agree.

Armenians have full right to express their rightuse hate and anger. Comparing Armenians to the muslim fanatics is just plain stupid.
        And who gives a xxxx what cats and their kind?
        Last edited by Mukuch; 04-25-2011, 12:31 AM.

Comment

The actions of Armenians over the last 90 decades is the basic reason that the Armenian genocide is not widely acknowledged and still publicly denied by Turkey. If you think otherwise, explain to me why the Turks, a race you think is so contemptable, seems ot be so remarkably effective at convincing the entire world to go along with its policies.
          Which Actions? Shell we kiss turkish arss and beg them? Actions of Armenians have almost no implication on the turkeys internal policy, part of which the denial is.
          Turkey is effective because it is BIG. And what matters in the modern diplomacy is the size!
          Last edited by Mukuch; 04-25-2011, 04:24 AM.

Comment

The actions of Armenians over the last 90 decades is the basic reason that the Armenian genocide is not widely acknowledged and still publicly denied by Turkey. If you think otherwise, explain to me why the Turks, a race you think is so contemptable, seems ot be so remarkably effective at convincing the entire world to go along with its policies.
            Thank you again for showing your anti-Armenian and biased viewpoint, trying to find something negative to bash and denigrate our people instead of showing respect, at least at the day we commemorate 1.5 million martyrs.

You know why it hasn't been recognized yet? Because of people like you, and the West in general, they don't give a **** about human rights, they don't give a **** about justice, they don't give a **** about Armenians, the West themselves have their roots in genocidal imperialism.

What Armenians must not forget is that the West has largely helped the Turks in committing the Armenian genocide (I am not talking about 1915 only, but throughout the history). The British, the Germans, the French have fooled us so many times in history. This doesn't mean there were also good individuals, but the state policy has been, and still is, xxxxed up.

What is genocide recognition anyway? I don't give a damn if the most corrupt, bloody, dirty leaders in your country recognize the genocide or not, nothing will change.

Everything is about might and power, and we Armenians should stick together, try to build an economical better Armenia with a mighty army, because only in times of war or chaos we will have the chance to get our lands back, not by some legislative means and especially not by begging to the hypocritical Western countries.

They always denigrate Armenians, saying, "you should not burn flags", "you should renovate monuments", but at the same xxxxing time, the Turks and Azeris are destroying our heritage, are killing Armenians, and you know what Western countries say about that? Nothing. In this world you have to be hard, and we have to stop this "be nice" nonsense, or else we will not survive.

So kitty, go worry about your individualistic sex-culture based country called Scotland, where there is no distinction between parents and children, where a 14 year pregnant girl is common site, and whose "culture" is based upon going to a cafe, drinking a lot of beer, being drunk, beating each other, and then calling it a "good night".

Some quotes of the Armenian-hating bell-the-catt, whose goal is to bash Armenians and denigrate our nation...

-Don't let Armenians close enough to sting you - no matter how friendly they at first appear, they will, in the end, try to sting you - even if it means harming themselves more than it harms you.

-My advice to anyone (including Armenians!) wanting to associate with Armenians is to always remember the words of a French Armenian who (based on his 30 years experience of trying to work with Armenian organisations to promote Armenian issues) warned me saying "watch out, 90% of Armenians are absolute bastards". Even though that 90% figure is an exaggeration, it is still good advice, since few will disagree that the absolute bastards make the most noise in every field of Armenian life, including online.

-That joke of a country called Armenia (after the police inquired emo’s, being afraid of the suicide rates among them)

-ArmeniaNow is the ONLY credible independant news source left in Armenia.

-Armenian history when written by Armenians is often not credible, every claim should be regarded with suspicion.

-Armenians shoot themselves in their feet so often I'm surprised they haven't evolved to walk on their hands instead.

-My advice to everyone: never trust anything an Armenian says about the Armenian Genocide, and only a fool stakes their reputation on evidence provided by Armenians.

-You just love to reveal your stupidity, time after time after time. Shut your ignorant mouth or name me a single English mafia group. Mafiosi-type groups originate in, shelter within, and take advantage of, the cultural makeup of specific ethnic groups. "Organized crime" does not mean mafia-like organizations. (denying mafia-like organizations exist in England, as such organizations can only exist in countries like Armenia, Georgia, Italy, etc... in his opinion)

-Europeans, in general, understand the proper way to treat archaeological monuments and sites of cultural importance. I see little evidence of any "European" values at work in the disgraceful way monuments in Armenia have been treated since the end of the Soviet period. In Armenia, pseudo-religious medievalist or middle-eastern values seem to predominate. The various "restoration" treatments inflicted on Tatev since the 1950s are cultural crimes by modern standards, standards that today's Armenia has signed up to through various international charters. In Greece, maybe there are nationalist nutters who want to entirely rebuild the Parthenon, and have priests enact daily blood-sacrifices on its altars - but such people are recognized as being insane fantasists. In Armenia, and transfer the fantasy to an historic Christian-era monument, and it seems they would be considered entirely sane, get approval from the Armenian Church, and even get some guilt-ridden criminal oligarch to pay to realize the fantasy.

-Though, if I were to extrapolate from my experience of dealing with Armenians, I'd say that if you are not getting death threats from idiots or extremists then you are doing it wrong.
            Last edited by Tigranakert; 04-25-2011, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
              Thank you again for showing your anti-Armenian and biased viewpoint, trying to find something negative to bash and denigrate our people instead of showing respect, at least at the day we commemorate 1.5 million martyrs.

You know why it hasn't been recognized yet? Because of people like you, and the West in general, they don't give a **** about human rights, they don't give a **** about justice, they don't give a **** about Armenians, the West themselves have their roots in genocidal imperialism.

What Armenians must not forget is that the West has largely helped the Turks in committing the Armenian genocide (I am not talking about 1915 only, but throughout the history). The British, the Germans, the French have fooled us so many times in history. This doesn't mean there were also good individuals, but the state policy has been, and still is, xxxxed up.

What is genocide recognition anyway? I don't give a damn if the most corrupt, bloody, dirty leaders in your country recognize the genocide or not, nothing will change.

Everything is about might and power, and we Armenians should stick together, try to build an economical better Armenia with a mighty army, because only in times of war or chaos we will have the chance to get our lands back, not by some legislative means and especially not by begging to the hypocritical Western countries.

They always denigrate Armenians, saying, "you should not burn flags", "you should renovate monuments", but at the same xxxxing time, the Turks and Azeris are destroying our heritage, are killing Armenians, and you know what Western countries say about that? Nothing. In this world you have to be hard, and we have to stop this "be nice" nonsense, or else we will not survive.

So kitty, go worry about your individualistic sex-culture based country called Scotland, where there is no distinction between parents and children, where a 14 year pregnant girl is common site, and whose "culture" is based upon going to a cafe, drinking a lot of beer, being drunk, beating each other, and then calling it a "good night".

Some quotes of the Armenian-hating bell-the-catt, whose goal is to bash Armenians and denigrate our nation...

we should do it like the turks, bann him and send his ass to altai..

Comment

Another disgusting move by Azeris....

All churches in modern Armenia "Albanian"

Mon 25 April 2011 10:31 GMT | 6:31 Local Time

News.Az interviews Azerbaijani historian Bahtiyar Tuncay.

Armenians are trying their best to misappropriate monuments of Azerbaijani culture and history in an attempt to gloss over their recent migration to the Caucasus. Is there sufficient proof that monuments which the Armenians insist are theirs, were in fact were created by the architects of ancient Caucasian Albania?

For many years Armenian historians have been trying to "Armenianize" the history, culture, architectural monuments and language of Caucasian Albania. Armenians have managed to misappropriate Albanian churches and stones engraved with crosses. Albanians are ethnic Turks, since they belong to the nomadic tribes of Kipchaks. For example, in the famous Kyrgyz epos Manas, the father of the main hero is Gargar, a representative of an ethnicity that lived in the territory of Caucasian Albania.

Armenians admit that the language of Albanian historians does not resemble either ancient or modern Armenian.

The main factor in the assimilation of Albanians and Armenians, which was recorded many times in Albanian history books, was their common religion - Christianity.

Would you outline your research on this topic which has recently been published as a book?

There are manuscripts in Turkish that belong to Albanians in many European libraries and foundations. Among such countries are France, Holland, Italy, Romania, Russia, Ukraine, and Austria. Albanians have been presented as Armenians in international history studies for some time, since they had a similar alphabet, but spoke the language of Kipchak Turks. While studying this issue, I came to understand that Albanians spoke the language of the Kipchaks. All historical material shows that when Mesrop Mashtots began drawing up an alphabet for Albanian, he did it on the basis of the Gargar language.

An Azerbaijani historian, referring to researchers such as Bartold and others, points out that Gargars were Kipchaks and spoke Turkish. This fact has been reflected in my book; I haven't discovered America here, just openly cited historical sources.

So it has become clear that the Albanian language was nothing but Kipchak. I carried out a thorough study of the work by Mesrop Mahstots on the Albanian and Armenian languages and came to the conclusion that he created two alphabets with the same letters. In other words, it was one alphabet for two different languages.

Therefore, manuscripts in European archives, presented as Armenian sources, in fact, belong to Albanians. I began studying this issue and learned that the manuscripts include documents that belonged to the outstanding figures of Caucasian Albania, including philosophers, Christian theologians and so on. Azerbaijani historians Farida Mammadova and Ziya Bunyadov wrote well about these people. I pulled together all this material in one book. I also wrote briefly about Albanian grammar and included a dictionary of about 1,700 words.

What should be done to stymie Armenian disinformation? Can works such as yours be effective tools in this ideological fight?

Armenians present all Albanian authors as Armenian. In addition, it is notable that all churches in the territory of modern Armenia, as well as stone monuments that they call "khachkars", are in reality Albanian monuments, which is proven by the inscriptions on them. For example, it is written on one of the churches there that it was built by an Albanian khan, while the grave of the Albanian Catholicos can be found and is clearly identified. One of the cross stones bears a sign that Albanian Duke Kirikor erected the monument so that everyone who passed could pray there. However, the Armenians published a book and even posted it on the Internet, where they try to refute this fact.

In my book I have cited facts that prove that churches and cross stones in not only modern Azerbaijan but also western Azerbaijan, i.e. modern Armenia, are Albanian. I hope this book will strike a major blow to Armenian provocateurs in the great ideological warfare that Armenians have launched against us.

Leyla Tagiyeva
                News.Az
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Another disgusting move by Azeris....
                  That is not disgusting, that is ridiculous.

Comment

If they are Albanian, then all Albanians should be outraged that their churches are being destroyed by Azeri-Turks, the Azeris are digging themselves a bigger hole on that front. Propaganda fail.

Comment

Kids protest at Turkish embassy

Armenian Canadians mar-ched from Parliament Hill to the Turkish Embassy yesterday with placards and chants saying Turkey is guilty of genocide in 1915. The protest closed traffic on Rideau Street and Wellington.

“The Armenians were driven out brutally from the length and breadth of the Ottoman Empire,” said Simon Izmirian, a member of the Armenian Youth Federation of Canada (AYF), which organized the protest. In a speech in front of the embassy, Izmirian called for Turkey to acknowledge killings, torture and forced deportations of Armenians and make reparations.

A spokesperson for the Council of Turkish Canadians called the demonstration “divisive” and said the involvement of children who might not be able to understand the complexities of the issue amounted to “hatemongering.”

“It was a very sad event where both sides really suffered tremendously (in the First World War). In Canada we have adopted a new country, a new life here,” said Lale Eskicioglu, former executive director of Council of Turkish Canadians.

Harout Manougian Chair of the AYF said it is important for children to be taught about the genocide and the events ought not to be swept under the carpet, but acknowledged by governments around the world.

“Our quarrel is not with the Turkish people, but the government,” said Man- ougian, adding his own grandmother was sheltered by Turkish neighbours during the violence.

Comment

Working...
                      X