Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    I really don't see the point in wasting money on mosques that no one will ever go to. There better things to spend money on, I mean it really makes me angry that they waste all this money on some Azeri mosques. Just let those mosques rot for all I care.
    Mos, as usual, is a gift to Azeri propagandists. So it seems that all the mosques anywhere in NK are "Azeri", but the mosques in Armenia aren't "Azeri". I don't expect a simpleton like Mos to explain what architectural features make one lot "Azeri" and the other lot "Persian" (though maybe he will surprise me and make a go at trying). Nor do I expect him to explain the double standards of wanting the preservation of Armenian churches in Turkey "that no one will ever go to", and not wanting the preservation of mosques in NK "that no one will ever go to". Of course, in his bigoted mind, "go to" just means "go to worship in" - he can't comprehend why people should want to preserve and admire the past creations of humanity.
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 05-17-2011, 12:12 PM.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Mosques in Armenia's positions should be restored as close as possible to original condition....it is only the right thing to do.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
        Mosques in Armenia's positions should be restored as close as possible to original condition....it is only the right thing to do.
        And in terms of its propaganda value, it is so right that it is a no-brainer. But I understandwhy some locals who have no money to repair their own homes, are annoyed to see money being spent on empty buildings. But the answer then is to also give resources to those whose homes need repairing, and as a side-effect provide some much-needed employment.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
          Mos, as usual, is a gift to Azeri propagandists. So it seems that all the mosques anywhere in NK are "Azeri", but the mosques in Armenia aren't "Azeri". I don't expect a simpleton like Mos to explain what architectural features make one lot "Azeri" and the other lot "Persian" (though maybe he will surprise me and make a go at trying). Nor do I expect him to explain the double standards of wanting the preservation of Armenian churches in Turkey "that no one will ever go to", and not wanting the preservation of mosques in NK "that no one will ever go to". Of course, in his bigoted mind, "go to" just means "go to worship in" - he can't comprehend why people should want to preserve and admire the past creations of humanity.
          Because churches in Eastern Turkey are located in historic Armenian landed, while Karabakh is not a historically Azeri land. Especially, given the fact that Karabakh needs all the money it gets, it shouldn't waste it on Mosque renovation but instead spend on the Karabakh people, Stepanakert, army, and Armenian cultural structures.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
            Because churches in Eastern Turkey are located in historic Armenian landed, while Karabakh is not a historically Azeri land.
            So, then, it would be acceptable in your opinion for Turkey to demolish any Armenian churches outside "Historically Armenian lands" - churches that lie outside historical Armenia but in settlements that once had Armenian populations? I think you will answer "No".
            Last edited by bell-the-cat; 05-17-2011, 12:33 PM.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

So, then, it would be acceptable in your opinion for Turkey to demolish any Armenian churches outside "Historically Armenian lands" - churches that lie outside historical Armenia but in settlements that once had Armenian populations? I think you will answer "No".
              Turks have no ancestral land in this part of the world. They are just Mongolic invaders that came and settled in the area. So it's not for the Turks to decide who have established an identity based on lies, genocide, and forgery.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

And in terms of its propaganda value, it is so right that it is a no-brainer. But I understandwhy some locals who have no money to repair their own homes, are annoyed to see money being spent on empty buildings. But the answer then is to also give resources to those whose homes need repairing, and as a side-effect provide some much-needed employment.
                I disagree with this. Doing good hasn't brought Armenia anything "good" the last hundreds of years. It has a propaganda value of zero, because the world doesn't care about human rights or justice to prevail. It's all about self-interests. Nobody cared when Azerbaijan destroyed the ancient and historically enormously important Julfa Khachkars, they basically said "Azerbaijan, please don't do it anymore" and that's because they had to say something (or the dozens of other Armenian heritage which is being destroyed currently in Azerbaijan).

Armenians have to realize one day that only being on the defensive side and doing good deeds (when at the same time they are doing the opposite) will help nothing, but actually make it much worse. Not that I am a supporter of destroying these things, but I am against allocating money to renovate these, the money is much more needed in other places right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
                  Armenians have to realize one day that only being on the defensive side and doing good deeds (when at the same time they are doing the opposite) will help nothing, but actually make it much worse. Not that I am a supporter of destroying these things, but I am against allocating money to renovate these, the money is much more needed in other places right now.
                  I agree.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
                    Armenians have to realize one day that only being on the defensive side and doing good deeds (when at the same time they are doing the opposite) will help nothing, but actually make it much worse. .
                    I agree....however we cannot allow this to change our values. Hell we know how religious Turks and Azeris are (not) but it is principle of it. If we can effort it and stay out of sniper range then we should at least try to slow down their decay.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

NKR could ask friendly Muslim countries to fund restoration projects on the Mosques (make sure Turkey and Azerbaijan hear about it, just stir the sh1t up)....and if they turn it down then what does it say about them? I am sure Iran would pitch in at least. This request should come from Artsakh (with the approval of the Church), not Armenian government, I would think.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X