Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
    That farsi text meant Armenians are our enemies right?
    Or "our enemies include many Armenians" - I hope that in some future scenario of possible intergalactic war, the diplomats are not dependant on Google Translate.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

That farsi text meant Armenians are our enemies right?
      Translates: We have many Armenian enemies.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
        Translates: We have many Armenian enemies.
        I've a feeling that translation doesn't give the correct meaning - it implies that the poster actually thinks of Armenia as a specific enemy. Iran is a rather paranoid country obsessed with the idea that there are forces constantly trying to do down Iran and stop it filling the position in the world Iran thinks its destiny should have. Those "forces" have to be as ill-defined as possible in order to maintain the myth. So the context should be that Iran has many enemies and thus "our enemies include many Armenians" is probably closer to what the poster was thinking.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

I wrote what is means in exact translation Bells. He doesn't mean Armenia or other countries, he mean Armenians. Unless you speak the language google ain't gonna help you. In other words he is saying that many Armenians are our enemies, there is no two way about it.

Edit:
          Besiar doshmaneh Armani ma darim....in english letters.

It could also imply that out of all the countries in the world we (Iranians) have the most Armenian enemies.
          Last edited by Eddo211; 05-20-2011, 11:58 AM.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
            I've a feeling that translation doesn't give the correct meaning - it implies that the poster actually thinks of Armenia as a specific enemy. Iran is a rather paranoid country obsessed with the idea that there are forces constantly trying to do down Iran and stop it filling the position in the world Iran thinks its destiny should have. Those "forces" have to be as ill-defined as possible in order to maintain the myth. So the context should be that Iran has many enemies and thus "our enemies include many Armenians" is probably closer to what the poster was thinking.
            No, he's right... My dad translated for me as "We have lots of Armenian enemies." Identical meaning.

And when he transliterated so I can "read" it, even my elementary farsi is the same.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
              I wrote what is means in exact translation Bells.
              But exact translations are rarely accurate. I was just trying to explore the meaning and its possible context. People, even paranoid Iranians, don't go around calling individuals "enemies" unless they are thinking of them as part of a greater collective "enemy" - and an Iranian isn't going to confine that collective enemy to Armenians. Even in this forum, with all the "you are an enemy of Armenia" name-calling that goes on, the "enemy" is always said out to be part of some vague greater conspiracy against Armenia.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

No, he's right... My dad translated for me as "We have lots of Armenian enemies." Identical meaning.

And when he transliterated so I can "read" it, even my elementary farsi is the same.
                Well, if that is a correct translation in both essence and meaning, then it shows Iranians, through too much ideology and nationalism, trivialise the concept of "enemy"! It doesn't speak highly of the state of the Iranian nation if they consider an "enemy" of Iran to be someone just saying something rude to them on a forum.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                  But exact translations are rarely accurate. I was just trying to explore the meaning and its possible context. People, even paranoid Iranians, don't go around calling individuals "enemies" unless they are thinking of them as part of a greater collective "enemy" - and an Iranian isn't going to confine that collective enemy to Armenians. Even in this forum, with all the "you are an enemy of Armenia" name-calling that goes on, the "enemy" is always said out to be part of some vague greater conspiracy against Armenia.
                  ایرانیان : ارامنه دوستان ما هستند؟ حقیقت روشن نیست
                  The context is the above. This was Persepolis's signature.

This translates to: "Iranians: Armenians are our friends? The truth is not clear." Perhaps Eddo can confirm.
                  [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                  -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

ایرانیان : ارامنه دوستان ما هستند؟ حقیقت روشن نیست
                    The context is the above. This was Persepolis's signature.

This translates to: "Iranians: Armenians are our friends? The truth is not clear." Perhaps Eddo can confirm.
                    Yes, that puts Armenian/Iranian relations as something to consider as questionable directed at other Iranians.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Erdogan says there is pro-Armenian ideology in Turkey

May 21, 2011 | 14:03

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan criticized Arat Dink, son of Hrant Dink, chief editor of Turkish-Armenian Agos newspaper, who was murdered by Turkish nationalists.

Erdogan also accused Taraf newspaper of having pro-Armenian position.

Earlier in his column for Taraf newspaper Arat Dink wrote that Turkish PM called former Justice Minister Cemil Cicek “a suspect” in the murder of Hrant Dink.

Premier Erodgan responded to the article saying he never made such statement.

“I am criticizing the newspaper which published the article, an instrument in the hands of this child [Dink’s son],’ he said.

Turkish PM noted that they are trying to avoid influence of the Diaspora and expect moves from Armenia.

“However, unfortunately there is still pro-Armenian ideology in Turkey. They took on a role of Armenians’ defender,” he stressed.

Premier accused Taraf newspaper of having pro-Armenian position…
                      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Working...
                      X