Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

16:31 New manifestation of the paranoia of the Azerbaijani: y arrives in Baku former UN Secretary General to seek the roots of the Armenian
    Tomorrow is expected to visit Azerbaijan on 6 th former UN Secretary General from 1992 to 1996 Boutros Boutros-Ghali, whom the Azerbaijani news agency Vesti.az "ascribes Armenian roots because of lobbying for recognition of the Armenian Genocide. During the visit of former UN Secretary-General intends to meet with Azerbaijani officials, with prominent public figures of the country.

Calling itself an international expert, head of strategic planning in Azerbaijan Ahmed Width in conversation with the agency said that during the leadership of the UN Boutros during 1993 were adopted by four UN Security Council resolution on the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. "He has done nothing to ensure that these resolutions were carried, and you know why, because he was Armenian," - confidently declared "expert" is certainly enjoying his "brilliant" discovery.

Moreover, he expressed his indignation at the fact that Azerbaijan has invited the person who sought recognition of the Armenian Genocide. "He supposedly will be here to read his lectures, which he will teach our experts?" - Continues to resent Shirinov. The agency "Vesti.az", while noting that Boutros Boutros-Ghali was born in the Armenian Coptic family, his mother was an Armenian by birth name was Anna Aslanian.

And then in the subject intervenes other Azerbaijani news agency Aze.az "which says that" in some media listed as Boutros Boutros Ghali to the Armenians. But in fact, Boutros-Ghali, has Armenian roots. These "roots" are ascribed to him by the Armenians. "

That is, the Azerbaijani news agency picked up the noise, based on chauvinistic statements Azerbaijani same "experts" themselves attributed the Secretary General Armenian roots, then they themselves began to deny it, justify absurd thesis that the Armenians themselves to blame.

"In fact, Anna Aslanian is not the mother of Boutros-Ghali. She - the wife of his uncle. Anna Negib Boutros-Ghali (nee Aslanian) was the wife of state minister of Egypt, Boutros Ghali Negiba, had one son - reconciles Boutros-Ghali, "- wrote" Aze.az "trying to get out of sticky situation, but making it even more comical.

/ Panorama.am /

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
      Although I agree with the general gist of this guys views he is making a significant error in his “judgement”.

There is compulsory military service in Turkey.
      Armenians or any other minority is not exempt.

So he should have been more sympathetic towards that poor Armenian conscript.
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
        Although I agree with the general gist of this guys views he is making a significant error in his “judgement”.

Indeed, that's where he went wrong. The rest of the part is actually true.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
          Indeed, that's where he went wrong. The rest of the part is actually true.
          I agree with both of you. His point on Sevag's murder is not right, ինչ մեղք ունի տղան երբ զինվորական ծառայություն կա Թուրքիայում։
          Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
            I agree with both of you. His point on Sevag's murder is not right, ինչ մեղք ունի տղան երբ զինվորական ծառայություն կա Թուրքիայում։
            Double edged sword. The guy is an Armenian, at least in origin, and it's not his fault he was born in that country and thereby had to serve in it's armed forces. At the same time, he is picking up arms and serving for Turkey, and regardless of how that's not his fault, he is still serving Turkey. Thus, when the shiiiit hits the fan, he would would be expected to open fire on Republic of Armenia soldiers. In other words, while I'm not completely thrilled about his killing, I can't say my heart aches for him. One thing is for sure: Armenians in Turkey should be fully alert to the dangers that although times have changed, the Turk remains a Turk.
            Last edited by Artsakh; 05-25-2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post
              Double edged sword. The guy is an Armenian, at least in origin, and it's not his fault he was born in that country and thereby had to serve in it's armed forces. At the same time, he is picking up arms and serving for Turkey, and regardless of how that's not his fault, he is still serving Turkey. Thus, when the shiiiit hits the fan, he would would be expected to open fire on Republic of Armenia soldiers. In other words, while I'm not completely thrilled about his killing, I can't say my heart aches for him. One thing is for sure: Armenians in Turkey should be fully alert to the dangers that although times have changed, the Turk remains a Turk.
              So it's you in the video after all!

Totally disagree. What do you expect, Armenians living their to be a fedayee? They would be killed in a single day, their life is a terror already. And no, when xxxx hits the fan, I am sure they will never, ever participate in the war to shoot dead other Armenians. They would flee, or do something else. Probably the Turks will finish of the rest of the Armenians living in Turkey anyway, and they will be one of the first victims. May our brother rest in peace.

Comment

So it's you in the video after all!

Totally disagree. What do you expect, Armenians living their to be a fedayee? They would be killed in a single day, their life is a terror already. And no, when xxxx hits the fan, I am sure they will never, ever participate in the war to shoot dead other Armenians. They would flee, or do something else. Probably the Turks will finish of the rest of the Armenians living in Turkey anyway, and they will be one of the first victims. May our brother rest in peace.
                ???????????? No, that's not me, after all

No, quite the contrary, I expect ethnic "Armenians" serving in Turkey to follow the orders of Turkish command. Where did you get the silly idea idea I expected them go against the country they're serving under? Quite the imagination and assumptions you have, on more than one regard.

And if they're serving for Turkey, they would be expected to pick up arms against enemies of Turkey, and that includes Armenia. And if they refused, there would be serious concequences, it's not as easy as you may think "they would do something, they would run", it's interesting....where to???

My bottom line point is, yes it's not his fault for being born in Turkey and therefore having to serve in its army, but at the same time, i don't feel any saddness for him being killed.

Armenians in Turkey should definately be cautious...nothing has changed from the Ottoman days. And I say this for their own sake, not because I love Turkishized Armenians.
                Last edited by Artsakh; 05-26-2011, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Turkish cynicism: name of murderer who killed Armenian becomes recognized brand

May 27, 2011 | 00:04

Family of Ogun Samast, carrying out the murder of Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink, registered and acquired the copyright to use the murderer’s name as a brand.

The Ogun Samast brand will be used in educational programs, conferences, sport, cinema, and media, informs Firat agency.

Thus, Turkey continues the policy of portraying murderer’s as heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post
                    ???????????? No, that's not me, after all

No, quite the contrary, I expect ethnic "Armenians" serving in Turkey to follow the orders of Turkish command. Where did you get the silly idea idea I expected them go against the country they're serving under? Quite the imagination and assumptions you have, on more than one regard.

And if they're serving for Turkey, they would be expected to pick up arms against enemies of Turkey, and that includes Armenia. And if they refused, there would be serious concequences, it's not as easy as you may think "they would do something, they would run", it's interesting....where to???

My bottom line point is, yes it's not his fault for being born in Turkey and therefore having to serve in its army, but at the same time, i don't feel any saddness for him being killed.

Armenians in Turkey should definately be cautious...nothing has changed from the Ottoman days. And I say this for their own sake, not because I love Turkishized Armenians.
                    I myself know some "nationalist" Turkish-Armenians who have served in the Turkish army because they had too, they have no other choice, and I again state that if there would be war against Armenia, they would never, ever fight and kill other Armenians. Our opinions defer on this. The Turks wouldn't expect them too anyway, because they will be the first victims. If you feel no sadness, not understanding their situation, that's up to you.

Comment

I myself know some "nationalist" Turkish-Armenians who have served in the Turkish army because they had too, they have no other choice, and I again state that if there would be war against Armenia, they would never, ever fight and kill other Armenians. Our opinions defer on this. The Turks wouldn't expect them too anyway, because they will be the first victims. If you feel no sadness, not understanding their situation, that's up to you.
                      Among the Hamcencis, I have heard there is an awakening. There was a gatherning amoung them to celebrate General Andranik's birthday a few years back, taking place in Turkey. That is very welcoming and happy news. With regards to those in Istanbul, I am not so sure of. Many are fully Turkishized, and intermarry with the Turks on a large scale. It is very sad, but the reality is they're Turkishized. I don't know what benefit they have to the Armenian nation.

Comment

Working...
                      X