Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Lori View Post
    Armnuke, you need an actual source for those weapons. I am well aware of many of them. (Except the Barrett)

Also, you cannot use picture as a source, as they are not verifiable. For example, how do I even know that the man holding the M95 is a member of the Armenian Armed Forces?

You also need to make sure the images you upload do not have any copyright issues.

Also, the images you are using for the small arms are very big and are warping the article structure. I have purposed in the talk section that the equipment section becomes its own separate article. From there, a new table can be created for the small arms.
    Our MOD is very secretive. In that case we can't have a wikipedia page. The guy holding the M95 is a member of the armed forces. Check Armenian military portal page and he's holding a paper with the name of the page written on it.

Anyway, most people visit wiki pages for pictures, not reading.
    Pictures are not larger than most wiki pages for armies. 250px.
    I will edit all the pictures so that the structure is homogeneous and nothing is warped.
    Last edited by armnuke; 05-30-2016, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by armo12 View Post
      Lori,also add the beretta px4 storm pistol,the pp2000,as val,vss vintorez,metis-m and remove the soltam k-6
      Lori,i re-checked the page and noticed 3 from what i mentioned were in the list,my bad.but you still need to add the accuracy international AMW,the truvelo 50.cal,the k-15,the sniper rifles from aspar arms,the buk m-1,and in the future equipment you might wanna add yak-130 and the su-30

Comment

Lori,also add the beretta px4 storm pistol,the pp2000,as val,vss vintorez,metis-m and remove the soltam k-6
        Soltam will be removed, probably it was mistaken for Russian 120-PM-43
        Val and VSS added already.
        Where have you seen PP2200 and Beretta Px4?

Comment

Lori,i re-checked the page and noticed 3 from what i mentioned were in the list,my bad.but you still need to add the accuracy international AMW,the truvelo 50.cal,the k-15,the sniper rifles from aspar arms,the buk m-1,and in the future equipment you might wanna add yak-130 and the su-30
          I added AI AWM with a photo

Comment

I will remove M95 anyway, because I've not seen it on the field with our army.

Comment

I removed it once - Again you need a source.

If you want to discuss the issues of the wiki, post in the talk page. This forum is not the place for this.

What you are adding into the article is mostly just unsourced information. Much more reputable users will eventually come and revert all your edits, unless you provide sources for all this information. You cannot add information because "you know" or "you've seen it in service".

You can use youtube videos with a specific time stamp, but pictures are not a source. I'm not saying I don't believe you - I do.

However this is about the article's quality and accuracy. If you want to improve that, you need to add information with reliable sources.
              Last edited by Lori; 05-30-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
                I removed it once - Again you need a source.

If you want to discuss the issues of the wiki, post in the talk page. This forum is not the place for this.
                It's not the place to discuss about the army's equipment, but a place to discuss off topic stuff like you have been doing for some 5 pages with Hakop

Sorry but yesterday you couldn't differentiate T-72BA from T-72B obr. 1989. Now you wanna differentiate Brugger & Thomet snipers? heh

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                  It's not the place to discuss about the army's equipment, but a place to discuss off topic stuff like you have been doing for some 5 pages with Hakop

Sorry but yesterday you couldn't differentiate T-72BA from T-72B obr. 1989. Now you wanna differentiate Brugger & Thomet snipers? heh
                  We are discussing the issues of the wiki article on a third party forum - That is not appropriate for the article. If you want to continue discussing the issues on the wiki in depth, post on the talk page.

Are you just making stuff up now? Differentiate between what sniper rifles? I'm not. Add a source, or the adminstrators will revert your edits and ban you for vandalism. Im trying to help you. There is no need to be c0cky
                  Last edited by Lori; 05-30-2016, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Ok, I found a source

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                      Ok, I found a source
                      Just a tip. The pictures for all the weapons other than the K-3 are already in wikimedia commons - there is no reason for you to be uploading images saved from the internet onto the page, as you might create a copyright issue.

Just use the images that are already on wikipedia

Comment

Working...
                      X