Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
    Soltam will be removed, probably it was mistaken for Russian 120-PM-43
    Val and VSS added already.
    Where have you seen PP2200 and Beretta Px4?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CNiCchVWcAAe7Yf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	539266 this is the pp2000

If you search for px4 storm on wiki,it says armenian police uses it,the sources will redirect you to a page in this forum where hyefighter once posted of our police special forces using it

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
      Just a tip. The pictures for all the weapons other than the K-3 are already in wikimedia commons - there is no reason for you to be uploading images saved from the internet onto the page, as you might create a copyright issue.

Just use the images that are already on wikipedia
      ok cool

Comment

"Border guards subject to the Ministry patrol Armenia's borders with Georgia and Azerbaijan, while Russian troops continue to monitor its borders with Iran and Turkey.[14]"

This is from the first paragraph of the main Armed Forces of Armenia page. Is this accurate? I annoys me seeing this.

Comment

Originally posted by HajiHabibli View Post
          "Border guards subject to the Ministry patrol Armenia's borders with Georgia and Azerbaijan, while Russian troops continue to monitor its borders with Iran and Turkey.[14]"

This is from the first paragraph of the main Armed Forces of Armenia page. Is this accurate? I annoys me seeing this.
          They do not patrol the border with Azerbaijan, that is a war zone and frontline.

They do patrol the border with Georgia. The border with Turkey is patrolled by Russians, however I don't know about the border with Iran.

Comment

Lori did you remove the photos?

Comment

Lori did you remove the photos?
              Yes. read the edit reason. Discuss the issue in the talk page. The tables that were originally created were not optimized for photos. Im working on making new tables. (Also, one of the images was from someone's facebook page, a personal photo and that is prohibited on wikipedia. It was the SVD section.)

Theres nothing wrong with your edits - They are all made in good faith. They are just not optimal for the article.

Im also working on getting the equipment section turned into its own article, as it is way too long. Continue your edits then, and collaborate with other users.

Comment

Yes. read the edit reason. Discuss the issue in the talk page. The tables that were originally created were not optimized for photos. Im working on making new tables. (Also, one of the images was from someone's facebook page, a personal photo and that is prohibited on wikipedia. It was the SVD section.)

Theres nothing wrong with your edits - They are all made in good faith. They are just not optimal for the article.

Im also working on getting the equipment section turned into its own article, as it is way too long. Continue your edits then, and collaborate with other users.
                LOL why is mine not optimal and yours optimal.
                I spent hours finding/inserting photos and you removed them because it's not optimal?
                No wonder you argue with everyone since you've joined this forum.
                If we can't agree on a Wikipedia page, how are we going to win wars? Of course not with people like you on board.

Comment

LOL why is mine not optimal and yours optimal.
                  I spent hours finding/inserting photos and you removed them because it's not optimal?
                  No wonder you argue with everyone since you've joined this forum.
                  If we can't agree on a Wikipedia page, how are we going to win wars? Of course not with people like you on board.
                  You should be editing the wikipedia article because you want it to be accurate, not because you want please your internet-warrior complex.

You spent hours finding photos not part of public domain and uploading them to wikipedia - I suspect they will soon be removed due to the issues i spelled out for you several times.

Unlike your edits, I based my edits off the pre-existing information and charts. You can read that in the talk page. You can also look at previous version of the page - I took all the information already in bullet points and converted it to chart form - I then added information regarding the recent arms deal with Russia. Thats it.

When it comes to information, I hardly changed or added anything to the page. You were adding unsourced information, adding bogus figures (In the T72 section especially) that did not coincide with the sources you listed. (Sources that you didn't even bother to formally reference. You cannot just put "According to Razm.info" Find the article, and cite it.)

Don't imply that I am hypocrite for simply removing inappropriate images. The weapons you listed are still there.

Comment

Speaking of Wikipedia, what has been going on with the equipment counts lately? T-72s went from 200 to 250 and now they are at 100? Same with all our other vehicles, for example I think we had higher numbers for the BMPs.

Comment

You should be editing the wikipedia article because you want it to be accurate, not because you want please your internet-warrior complex.

You spent hours finding photos not part of public domain and uploading them to wikipedia - I suspect they will soon be removed due to the issues i spelled out for you several times.

Unlike your edits, I based my edits off the pre-existing information and charts. You can read that in the talk page. You can also look at previous version of the page - I took all the information already in bullet points and converted it to chart form - I then added information regarding the recent arms deal with Russia. Thats it.

When it comes to information, I hardly changed or added anything to the page. You were adding unsourced information, adding bogus figures (In the T72 section especially) that did not coincide with the sources you listed. (Sources that you didn't even bother to formally reference. You cannot just put "According to Razm.info" Find the article, and cite it.)

Don't imply that I am hypocrite for simply removing inappropriate images. The weapons you listed are still there.
                      Are you even in Armenia?
                      I've left my good life in another country and have moved to Armenia to contribute to the country while getting 1/3 the income I had.
                      Don't speak left and right without knowing the person you're talking to. I did not label you to start with.
                      Actually, this thread was very interesting without your presence.
                      Looks like your world revolves around Wikipedia. Do what you like with it then.

Comment

Working...
                      X