Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Achemish View Post
    Speaking of Wikipedia, what has been going on with the equipment counts lately? T-72s went from 200 to 250 and now they are at 100? Same with all our other vehicles, for example I think we had higher numbers for the BMPs.
    Our friend is w*nking on Wikipedia. God knows what it's going to end up looking like.

Comment

Originally posted by Achemish View Post
      Speaking of Wikipedia, what has been going on with the equipment counts lately? T-72s went from 200 to 250 and now they are at 100? Same with all our other vehicles, for example I think we had higher numbers for the BMPs.
      That I can address

Originally, the article listed 102 T-72s. A user then added 200 T-72s, using a source that did not actually specify the number of T72s (It claimed that there were 200 tanks in general, but not 200 T72s. This was pointed out by another user, who had reverted the edit.) I believe armnuke increased the number to 250, with no source cited. He also added in information regarding the actual number of T72s in NKR, however the numbers he provided did not coincide with the source, that he failed to provide (but referred to)

I found the article, added the source, adjusted the numbers etc. Because the NKR Defense Army and the Armenian Army are the same thing (NKR command structure is like a Soviet front or German Army Group), and inspections are not possible in NKR...its quite difficult to determine what number of tanks Armenia has and what number of tanks the Armenian Armed Forces in NK have. I just put the original number with an addition sign that indicates that there is more. The information in the chart notes should be sufficient for readers.

As for the BMPs - The source says 50 were repaired, not 100 or 50-100. Perhaps the person who read it, couldnt read the PDF properly because it was in Russian?

There are way more BMP-2s than that, especially in NK.

Armnuke jan, most of the sourced information you provided is still there - just not the pictures. No reason to act like a child over it. Its just pictures.

Users adding information, reverting edits, deleting false info, etc is what makes an article good. Don't be discouraged or personally offended because I'm removing and editing some of the things you are adding.

By the way, there are many many people who edit military equipment articles as a form of agenda-pushing.

Ill say it again - If you want to address the issues of the wikipedia article use the article's talk page, not this forum. There are at least 5 other users who actively edit the article and monitor it. They would have removed all the information you added along with the pictures. They also deserve to be informed on what you are doing to the article - Be considerate and post in the talk page.
      Last edited by Lori; 05-30-2016, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
        That I can address

Originally, the article listed 102 T-72s. A user then added 200 T-72s, using a source that did not actually specify the number of T72s (It claimed that there were 200 tanks in general, but not 200 T72s. This was pointed out by another user, who had reverted the edit.) I believe armnuke increased the number to 250, with no source cited. He also added in information regarding the actual number of T72s in NKR, however the numbers he provided did not coincide with the source, that he failed to provide (but referred to)

I found the article, added the source, adjusted the numbers etc. Because the NKR Defense Army and the Armenian Army are the same thing (NKR command structure is like a Soviet front or German Army Group), and inspections are not possible in NKR...its quite difficult to determine what number of tanks Armenia has and what number of tanks the Armenian Armed Forces in NK have. I just put the original number with an addition sign that indicates that there is more. The information in the chart notes should be sufficient for readers.

As for the BMPs - The source says 50 were repaired, not 100 or 50-100. Perhaps the person who read it, couldnt read the PDF properly because it was in Russian?

There are way more BMP-2s than that, especially in NK.

Armnuke jan, most of the sourced information you provided is still there - just not the pictures. No reason to act like a child over it. Its just pictures.

Users adding information, reverting edits, deleting false info, etc is what makes an article good. Don't be discouraged or personally offended because I'm removing and editing some of the things you are adding.

By the way, there are many many people who edit military equipment articles as a form of agenda-pushing.

Ill say it again - If you want to address the issues of the wikipedia article use the article's talk page, not this forum. There are at least 5 other users who actively edit the article and monitor it. They would have removed all the information you added along with the pictures. They also deserve to be informed on what you are doing to the article - Be considerate and post in the talk page.
        Not getting into Wikipedia again. I have my military page on Facebook to discuss military stuff with people from all around the world. Way cooler than having to go through useless arguments to convince people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori
          Lmao. I don't think you know what autism is. I work with children who are autistic.

If you want to start calling people autists, go to 4chan. They welcome that there and the site is full of them. I can assure you, I am not autistic.

Stop projecting as well. Being autistic is okay, theres nothing to be ashamed of my little minecrafter.

Hilarious. Ive only been posting on this forum for a few days, and Ive already been accused of being an ARF agent, a Turk, a woman, a Russian bot, and an autist.
          Lol welcome to the forum. Don't take it personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori
            Lmao. Hilarious.
            Baron Lori, Armnuke took the time to work on that Wiki page placing pictures of the guns (which I liked better) while you went and changed many things for some enal reasons. Yes, we should respect copyright laws but in this case he is not making any money out of it, and 99% no one will care if a picture of a gun is floating on the net, no one is going to chase that picture and send Cease and desist letters. There are some unwritten rules of life that you seam to be ignoring with an attitude of I know everything, I don’t care, this is how it should be and if you do not agree you add your motherly or goofy comments. I will leave it at that with my two cents. Most likely you will reply with what will happen if these pictures where left, they could be and would be … that would be expected Welcome to the forum

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
              Baron Lori, Armnuke took the time to work on that Wiki page placing pictures of the guns (which I liked better) while you went and changed many things for some enal reasons. Yes, we should respect copyright laws but in this case he is not making any money out of it, and 99% no one will care if a picture of a gun is floating on the net, no one is going to chase that picture and send Cease and desist letters. There are some unwritten rules of life that you seam to be ignoring with an attitude of I know everything, I don’t care, this is how it should be and if you do not agree you add your motherly or goofy comments. I will leave it at that with my two cents. Most likely you will reply with what will happen if these pictures where left, they could be and would be … that would be expected Welcome to the forum

That is wikipedia policy, which is based off their own preferences. Either follow their rules or don't edit articles. The only images that are allowed to be uploaded should be images from public domain or that you created. If I didn't inform him about it, another user would have. I could care less how much time he spent finding those pictures and I don't care which style you liked better. He posted massive images into a text-chart, unsourced information, inflated figures, etc. He posted good information too, I just adjusted it. I spent 3 hours converting that equipment section into tables just to have another user revert the whole thing back to the other version because he claimed the Russian-Armenian arms deal was alleged. I had to send him links and proof of the arms deal because he wouldn't look at the sources I posted. It took a day and a half just to get him to lay off the article. However, I understood where he was coming from. This happens to everyone, and if armnuke cannot appreciate that people are adjusting his edits then he has obviously not read the rules for the website. He also made over a dozen small edits, instead of using the preview feature. I wouldn't be able to revert his edits without getting banned for violating 3RR.

I care about the article and its quality. I suggested to him in the talk page that we make the equipment section into its own sub-article (The article was getting quite long) and create a new table for the small arms, but he refuses to actually use the talk page. Not my problem.

I honestly don't know why I am being forced to discuss this issue with him and you on this forum. If you want to discuss editing a wikipedia article, post on the talk page.

I edited out the images because the chart itself was not optimized for images of that size, and it would have made the article itself way too long - I am in the process of creating a sub-article for it, but there is an approval process as well. Stop crying over spilled milk.
              First you claim that I am autistic, now you are welcoming me and sending me smiley faces. Thats just bizarre behavior.
              Last edited by Lori; 05-30-2016, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks for proving my point Baron we move on

Comment

Welcome to the Clusterfuxx.

I've been saying this for days now. Mods, please clean this thread up. You can start with this post.

Comment

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Я из Ростова-на-Дону, города где очень много армян и других национальностей. Армяне хитрые, нагловатые и иногда нахальные, но когда дело касается друга, родных или просто чести... в этом они достойные люди, они не подведут. Это свои ребята и если надо, то их интересы я буду отстаивать как свои!!!
                    Such warm comments from our Russian compatriots.

Too much delusional Soviet nostalgia though. "We used to live all together in peace tovarisch!!!" - Load of BS. Russians can sometimes be the most knowledgeable or the most ignorant people on the planet.
                    Last edited by Lori; 06-01-2016, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Armnuke, the sources you are using on the wiki (tank encyclopedia) use wikipedia as a source. That is not reliable. The 160 figure for the BTR-80s was added by a user named Meltingpot of Friendship who himself stated that he simply added the previous figure along with the number of BTRs included in the 2013 transaction, he never included a source that specifically stated 160 BTRs. Its obvious that the source you used got its figures from wikipedia.

Comment

Working...
                      X